Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Solly

Injured or dropped for the Gillingham game?

Comments

• Normally, if injured, he is there at the back of the West lower. Not there yesterday - maybe ill?
  • He was there yesterday. I see him leaving after the game.
  • conker said:

He was there yesterday. I see him leaving after the game.

I think he will stick it out to the end of the season and then leave.
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

As good as he is/was, you need to ask yourself who on earth would sign him with the long term on going injury he has which sees him miss around 30% of the season. An injury that will certainly get slowly worse over time.....simple answer.......no one.
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

he'll spend his career with us
    Would be more than happy with that.
    Yup.
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

As good as he is/was, you need to ask yourself who on earth would sign him with the long term on going injury he has which sees him miss around 30% of the season. An injury that will certainly get slowly worse over time.....simple answer.......no one.
    thats the only reason he hasnt been flogged by now
  • Sponsored links:

• Another big decision that needs to be addressed in the summer. Ideal, would be finding a good youngster who probably needs a years experience of being a 2nd choice right back to fill in when hes injured.
  • He would probably fail a medical if he went anywhere else. Which means the club involved wouldn't be able to get insurance.

Too much of a risk for most teams...
  • edited April 2017

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Most likely, but he may well only get 12 month contracts at a time.......such a shame, he's been a great servant to us and could easily have (and most likely would have), gone on to bigger and better things.
    Incidentally.....I can't recall ever hearing 'exactly' what the injury is....has it ever been made public knowledge?
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

Gillingham if you believe rumours but Chris told them to go forth and multiple
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Most likely, but he may well only get 12 month contracts at a time.......such a shame, he's been a great servant to us and could easily have (and most likely would have), gone on to bigger and better things.
    Incidentally.....I can't recall ever hearing 'exactly' what the injury is....has it ever been made public knowledge?
    Think Ledley King's knees and you won't be far off.
  • I hope he's able to choose when to retire, so that he doesn't create too much pain in his knees for his old age. Great servant and about the only successful sportsman to come from my school!
  • Dazzler21 said:

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Well what was wrong with LK's knees then?
  • dizzee said:

conker said:

Is this true though? He's been a bit more injured this season which is a shame, but in the last two seasons he played 38 and 34 league games, which is pretty decent going for any player. I was really worried for him in that season where his injury seemed to drag on forever but I don't think he's quite in the dire straits we thought he might be a couple of years ago
  • Dazzler21 said:

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Not sure of the medical name for it but his knees used to swell up massively after each game. Wasn't able to train in the week just some gym work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice to hear there's some sort of structure to the pre season training.
  • Valley11 said:

agim said:

Nice to hear there's some sort of structure to the pre season training.

Yeah and that a Charlton man rates Robinson. I don't think I've heard any public praise for him since he took over so that's encouraging.
    I don't think any manager under the current ownership would be praised.
  • A positive sounding interview, we certainly finished last season well, so hopefully that was a sign of things to come
  • colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Not sure of the medical name for it but his knees used to swell up massively after each game. Wasn't able to train in the week just some gym work.
    Mine go like that if I walk up the stairs too quickly.
  • Valley11 said:

agim said:

Nice to hear there's some sort of structure to the pre season training.

Yeah and that a Charlton man rates Robinson. I don't think I've heard any public praise for him since he took over so that's encouraging.
    Or have the cloob merely attached his name to a positive message about gobby in the same way that they wheel JJ out every so often ?
  • It was an interview in the SLP. Presumably Rich Cawley was talking directly to Solly.
  • drewman said:

colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Mine do that if I watch someone walking up te stairs.
  • Halix said:

drewman said:

colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

dizzee said:

conker said:

Charlton would.
    Mine do that if I watch someone walking up te stairs.
    Mine do that if I read a post about someone's knees doing that if they watch someone walking up the stairs.