Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The General Election - June 8th 2017

Let the civilised debate commence :0)

Comments

• Well the result is a foregone conclusion....
  • Like so much of what has happened in the last couple years, this seems backward to me. Surely it would have made more sense to have a general election before triggering Article 50 to shore up support for it? I mean anyone can write the letter...

That said, it's politically expedient to do this now with Labour in absolute shambles. Feels a bit silly to blame a politician for being "politically savvy."
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey we only just got rid of the last thread.

May have to come off this site for a couple of months...

Didnt realise she was posting on here in the first place?
    @colin1961
  • Knee jerk reaction to someone at CCHQ noticing that my membership has lapsed IMO.
  • Nigel Farage could actually be an MP after June 8th.
  • will there be an SNP candidate in Lewisham? I might consider voting :)
  • kentred2 said:

So when did Murdoch give the go ahead?

You mean Hannibal, surely
  • will there be an SNP candidate in Lewisham? I might consider voting :)

That sounds like a Whiskey vote to me :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst at first glance this election is pointless I think we can expect some important changes: The conservatives will have an imensely strong government, Labour will have a reality check with UKIP, Greens and Lib Dems all achieving similar vote numbers to labour thus making people from all spectrums finally call for a representative voting system. Also the SNP will be challenged as many scots are becoming fed up with the division being caused within Scotland over the possibility of a second referendum.

I think this will be a very important election.
  • Whilst at first glance this election is pointless I think we can expect some important changes: The conservatives will have an imensely strong government, Labour will have a reality check with UKIP, Greens and Lib Dems all achieving similar vote numbers to labour thus making people from all spectrums finally call for a representative voting system. Also the SNP will be challenged as many scots are becoming fed up with the division being caused within Scotland over the possibility of a second referendum.

Who, in your opinion, will challenge the SNP?
  • edited April 2017

Well the result is a foregone conclusion....

Exactly, the result will be 2.5 months of pointless bickering on here.
    Oh, a whole 2.5 months of bickering dividing your country in the build-up to an election?!?! My deepest condolences.

Donald Trump filed for re-election the day he was sworn in as President.
  • Why is it ever a bad idea to have a General Erection? Specially when it ain't your choice who hold office.....
  • More balls than Gordon Brown.
  • Chizz said:

Whilst at first glance this election is pointless I think we can expect some important changes: The conservatives will have an imensely strong government, Labour will have a reality check with UKIP, Greens and Lib Dems all achieving similar vote numbers to labour thus making people from all spectrums finally call for a representative voting system. Also the SNP will be challenged as many scots are becoming fed up with the division being caused within Scotland over the possibility of a second referendum.

Who, in your opinion, will challenge the SNP?
    Well many Scottish people are becoming fed up with the constant argument over UK membership, hence large support on the government petition website against another referendum to further divide Scotland. I'm not claimin they will lose their majority in Scotland but wouldn't be surprised if the conservatives managed to pull a couple seats back
  • Jeremy I hope you stick to your (unloaded) guns and put a genuinely left wing manifesto before the electorate. The Labour party needs a wake up call.