Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cheerleaders/leading.

Comments

• I got some off a cheerleader once at Uni.
  • Nope dont get it at all...

• Does anyone get it?

Luckily being british I have no reason to 'get it'

Okay apart from that.

But otherwise what's the point, I can't believe it motivates the team.

Wasn't there talk of us introducing them at the Valley?

Okay apart from that.

There were a few outside The Valley a few seasons ago handing promo stuff and they were very pretty (and intelligent young women (as they were from Greenwich Uni)).
  • Not always sexy.......unless you are a weirdo.

I'd be deeply offended if my wife happened to be at a game, but on the other hand if with my drink fuelled friends I'd join in with what jolly ditties they come up with, probably.
  • I was dating a Crystal for a bit last year, had to end it after the 4-1 cup defeat

Okay apart from that.

I think they are supposed to motivate the crowd, not the team. The clue is in the name Cheerleaders.
  • cfgs said:

Nope dont get it at all...

Okay apart from that.

There were a few outside The Valley a few seasons ago handing promo stuff and they were very pretty (and intelligent young women (as they were from Greenwich Uni)).
    UoG doesn't make you intelligent. 2 D's and a swimming badge as we sing to them whenever we play them at sport.
  • Sponsored links:

• Suspect it might work in a happy flappy atmosphere where fans have no tradition of thinking for themselves. English football with its cynicism and long history is another matter though.
  • edited April 2017

Okay apart from that.

I think they are supposed to motivate the crowd, not the team. The clue is in the name Cheerleaders.

Okay apart from that.

• Why are the above posts only showing a portion of what I posted?
  • Stig said:

Suspect it might work in a happy flappy atmosphere where fans have no tradition of thinking for themselves. English football with its cynicism and long history is another matter though.

True, been to a few baseball games and the only chants I heard were 'let's go (insert team name)".

No topical chanting or traditional songs.

• edited April 2017

cfgs said:

Okay apart from that.

UoG doesn't make you intelligent. 2 D's and a swimming badge as we sing to them whenever we play them at sport.
    On a par with "your dad works for my dad", which we sang to the plebs at Kent back in the 90's ;-)

Drop me bacon sarnie......
  • iaitch said:

Stig said:

Suspect it might work in a happy flappy atmosphere where fans have no tradition of thinking for themselves. English football with its cynicism and long history is another matter though.

True, been to a few baseball games and the only chants I heard were 'let's go (insert team name)".

No topical chanting or traditional songs.

Plebs at Kent? How dare you! :p