Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Gillingham post match views

Mixed feelings - all but mathematically safe but beating club record draws off the table now

Comments

• Good modding there...
  • PWG
    Looks like the lowest league finish since 1926 is still on , but we are now mathematically safe! Phew!

Hopefully a takeover to getting excited about, but looking forward to getting to the valley for (fingers crossed) the last Protest!

The season that has been written off for a few months now is finally close to an end!
  • Excellent result and a rare night of celebration looking forward to next weeks trip to Chesterfield now any pressure is off....lets hope for positive news over a sale before then
  • PWG Pleased we won. 100% lower half mediocrity. Well done to Roland, Katrien and Karl for overseeing our lowest league finish ever. Can't wait for next season
  • Good win, always nice to beat Gills, even if it is a lower wattage local derby. Thought we needed to avoid defeat today tro be sure so I'm now comfortable saying we are safe now, even if the maths doesn't quite add up yet.

Ricky Homes sounding like he underlined hos himself as a shoe in for POTY with another goal and assist. Good to see Magennis back on the score sheet (or any Charlton striker for that matter - been a while since one scored), hopefully he can kick on again from here and head into the close season fit and on a high.

Pleased for Jason Pearce, sounds a good character and a trier. He'll be delighted with a goal and a clean sheet.

Hope we can retain the services of the three above over the close season and also would be nice to get DaSilva back on loan next season. I wonder if Chelsea will want to send him to a championship club though.
  • Comfortable 3-0 win at home at last. That result should have made an impact on the table, but, regretably it did not. Relieved we avoided relegation but another season in League 1 does not thrill. Anyway, well played the lads for a good result today.
  • Thanks to @Redmidland for the cameo thread - invaluable as always. Congrats to Sheffield Utd - the manager we could/should have had? Glad we chalked up a win and, hopefully, better news will follow in the week. Shit season as it's been, I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of footy - even if it is from afar - time to get in a huge thanks to those that bring us ex-pats the match feed and previews - a big thanks guys!

I must admit, I'm not going to miss my weekly dose of football and cannot wait for the summer. This has been yet another pathetic season and I cant wait for a break. That's not a pop at you mark, I know the thread provides a valuable connection to our expat fans. It's just when you've been to most of them this season, it's ground me down to some extent
  • ace result, but why are we so inconsistent??
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't imagine DaSilva is very high up on the 70+ list of Chelsea loanees. Cheeky bid?

We could do a lot worse in all fairness , if Chelsea play ball and don't demand some irrational amount I'd be comfortable with him as our starting LB next season.
  • When was our last clean sheet before today?
  • Never doubted Robinson, Roland In
  • L1 place secured.

You can go now Roland, Katrien etc
  • I professed disinterest in the preview thread but I couldn't stay away from the match thread, for which thanks to all the posters.

I'm thinking of gong to what we all hope will be The Last Protest. I'm still in two minds about giving Roland even a penny of my hard earned but the chance to give it long and loud to Katrien and Roland will probably prove too strong.
  • Sponsored links:

• good win .. unfortunately 4 months too late .. AND possible reprieves Rubbishson from the tintac ((:>)
  • HarryLime said:

Good win. Hope Henry Everitt and so called CARD are pleased with themselves getting the best owner we've had, selling up just when the master plan was coming together.

You cannot be serious
    Neither can you, I hope
    Start in the Championship and three years later just avoid relegation to League 2. Master Plan?
    An owner who has no ambition for the Club to be successful. Doesn't care for our history. Doesn't care about results. Top 6 players budget and play offs was the Target?.How far down the leagues do we fall before the Plan kicks in?
  • A A my sentiments to , have been to the valley every year since 1953 have not been this season,begrudge them but heart tells me to go.
  • Think about it
  • cabbles said:

Thanks to @Redmidland for the cameo thread - invaluable as always. Congrats to Sheffield Utd - the manager we could/should have had? Glad we chalked up a win and, hopefully, better news will follow in the week. Shit season as it's been, I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of footy - even if it is from afar - time to get in a huge thanks to those that bring us ex-pats the match feed and previews - a big thanks guys!

I must admit, I'm not going to miss my weekly dose of football and cannot wait for the summer. This has been yet another pathetic season and I cant wait for a break. That's not a pop at you mark, I know the thread provides a valuable connection to our expat fans. It's just when you've been to most of them this season, it's ground me down to some extent
    I completely understand: hopefully I'll be in the UK in September and I'll get to see at least a couple of games (even if one is an away in the Checkatrade), so hopefully I ca put some faces to the names on here. The most emotional times on here, when I miss the club so much, are during the protests - I'd loved to have been in Belgium; I'd loved to have been at the big protest game last season, and I had tears in my eyes watching the effort everyone put in to making it such a great day.

The away days were always special - I miss them.

I understand too that a lifelong devotion to the club, and the commitment you and others make, gets to be a slog when you know that the owner, the CEO, the manager and half the players couldn't give a flying feck.

At least you and the thirty one year man have an exciting trip to Plymouth next season to look forward to!

Good luck
  • 3goals 3 points well played boys, hopefully i will get a chance to see the skipper run out one last time on the 30th
  • Thank f*** for that, at least we can offer a new owner 3rd division football.

Gillingham had one of those days. We could have played all week and they still wouldn't have scored!
  • Really enjoyed today's match.

Very fortunate that their shooting was pathetic. However, 3 goals and a clean sheet. A good end to the Easter holidays.

Will post a more in depth comment tomorrow. Two more matches, before this terrible season ends.

Hopefully, we can sneak 12th place and allow my bet to pay out.

• Another PWG. Glad we beat them and can leave them to their relegation struggle. New ownership please before it's too late. Maybe we will get some real news now our league status is all but assured?