Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Runs of form this season

I know Karl isn't liked by everyone but just like we are saying "Thank god for the run of games under Kevin Nugent" we also have to be just as grateful for the run of 5 games following that bad last 50 minutes at Millwall. The win at MK (Boxing Day), Draw at Southend (New Years Eve and Southend keeper MOM), Another thumping of Bristol Rovers, Draw against Millwall (could have been a win had it not been for Mr Stroud) and the win at Bolton with 10 men. That was 11 points in 5 games. Had we only got half those point (ok rounded up to 6 ecause you can't get half point) we would be just outside the relegation zone on goal difference. Now that run of games came under Karl. For me it doesn't matter if that run run had come under Slade, Nugent or Robinson; the fact is we had it.

Comments

• Two wins in 16, a last minute pen & an OG to give us those wins.
  • edited April 2017
    We have not had any sort of run of form this season. I look at this season as the one that can see us finish in our lowest league position in 91 years. Think about that when you consider some of the idiots that have managed or run this club in that time. And yet Roly doesn't do failure, Katrien Miere has learnt a lesson, we have a top 6 budget, Karl can fix anything and everything is rosey in the garden. Now shut up and enjoy the food and entertainment you mongrels
  • Straw clutching

This was the run that would destroy CARD and take us to to play offs.

Two points a game, Tarbuck was the new Curbs, the protests has to stop and all the moaners had to shut up.

Thing is this was only six games. Flash in the pan of a few good but not brilliant results.
  • Big Karl gives me a form of the runs.
  • I know Karl isn't liked by everyone but just like we are saying "Thank god for the run of games under Kevin Nugent" we also have to be just as grateful for the run of 5 games following that bad last 50 minutes at Millwall. The win at MK (Boxing Day), Draw at Southend (New Years Eve and Southend keeper MOM), Another thumping of Bristol Rovers, Draw against Millwall (could have been a win had it not been for Mr Stroud) and the win at Bolton with 10 men. That was 11 points in 5 games. Had we only got half those point (ok rounded up to 6 ecause you can't get half point) we would be just outside the relegation zone on goal difference. Now that run of games came under Karl. For me it doesn't matter if that run run had come under Slade, Nugent or Robinson; the fact is we had it.

11 points from 5 games. 13 from the other 19.
  • KR mentioned yesterday that we're on another run. Now 2 games unbeaten.
  • Sponsored links:

• We also had runs of 7 games without a win and 8 games without a win - in League One for God's sake.
    What a complete shower of shit.
  • Looking at those results, it's disturbing just how much we declined after January. After winning at Bolton you'd have expected us to have been fighting for the playoffs for the rest of the season. Instead we didn't win again for another 9 matches. Indeed that's our only away win in 2017, which says something about the mental strength of our team
  • I blame the fans - didn't get behind KR.
  • I blame the fans - didn't get behind any of the 8 managers (so far).
  • edited April 2017

Looking at those results, it's disturbing just how much we declined after January. After winning at Bolton you'd have expected us to have been fighting for the playoffs for the rest of the season. Instead we didn't win again for another 9 matches. Indeed that's our only away win in 2017, which says something about the mental strength of our team

And we only had 10 men from the 13th minute onwards!
  • 4 wins in 2017. Really looking forward to the end of another quality season.
  • But these 5 games weren't even consecutive. How is that a run?

11 points from 5 games is actually title winning form if you average that across the season. As is also 2 wins and a draw from 3 games if you average that across the season. Add those 2 runs together and that is 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games. 18 points from 8. Again title winning form if averaged across a season. But it hasn't turned out like that sadly. In the end those two runs of good form have seen us pick up more than a third of what we have got. And I do level with everyone that ain't good enough. But that said if we had only got half of those points we would be 3 points adrift in the drop zone. So we are where are because of those runs. But we are also are where we are because we haven't been able to keep replicating form like that. Those two bursts of form are just as important as each other.

11 points from 5 games is actually title winning form if you average that across the season. As is also 2 wins and a draw from 3 games if you average that across the season. Add those 2 runs together and that is 5 wins and 3 draws from 8 games. 18 points from 8. Again title winning form if averaged across a season. But it hasn't turned out like that sadly. In the end those two runs of good form have seen us pick up more than a third of what we have got. And I do level with everyone that ain't good enough. But that said if we had only got half of those points we would be 3 points adrift in the drop zone. So we are where are because of those runs. But we are also are where we are because we haven't been able to keep replicating form like that. Those two bursts of form are just as important as each other.
    Runs of form ? More like gentle strolls of form.

Most teams in most leagues can boast a 5 game run of form. As for title winning form - that's when a team managed a run of form over 35 games not 5.
    Get a grip man.

Most teams in most leagues can boast a 5 game run of form. As for title winning form - that's when a team managed a run of form over 35 games not 5.
    Get a grip man.
    I'm sayng if we could have done that over a season and not just in patches here and there we would be pushing for te title. But if my aunt....

Get a grip man.
    I'm sayng if we could have done that over a season and not just in patches here and there we would be pushing for te title. But if my aunt....
    We didn't. And we won't, all the while the club is run by this mob. Pointless thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gosh too many socks one day then months later it's too many draws...some people!!!!

Wow...2 wins in a row...that's our best "run" of form this season! No wonder why player of the year was so terribly meired...hardly a celebration of "top 6 budget but don't get your hopes up" season we'd hoped for but probably knew was the reality.
  • edited April 2017

Get a grip man.
    That's a bit like saying if we won the first two games and then repeated that 23 times then we'd have won the title.
    The fact that we couldn't win more than 2 games in a row tells you everything you need to know.

Get a grip man.
    That's a bit like saying if we won the first two games and then repeated that 23 times then we'd have won the title.
    The fact that we couldn't win more than 2 games in a row tells you everything you need to know.
    I only started this post because other fans have said thank god for Kevin Nugent.
  • It's 5 wins in 24 or 25 games. The problem with stats are you can pick where and when you start. Regardless of where we look for 'green shoots' under our 3 years of RD ownership, even when Luzon had that semi decent run after taking over from Peeters, going into the start of last season, it all turns to shit eventually

the ultimate stat is what is the win percentage under the RD ownership

Get a grip man.
    I only started this post because other fans have said thank god for Kevin Nugent.
    That's right, they are. Because sandwiched between two pretty useless managers, a bloke who wasn't a recognised manager and wasn't expected to do much, gained 7 points in 3 games. Not only did this exceed expectations, it has probably kept us out the bottom 4.
    Your argument appears to be that the other two managers also attributed to keeping us out the bottom 4, as they have also had similar unbeaten runs.

The difference is that those 2 had long enough opportunities to go on even longer runs. They didn't, which makes them the reason we are nearer relegation than promotion, so yes, thank feck for Kevin Nugent's brief managerial stint.
  • Some people will always try to find a rose petal in a lump of shit.
    I bet the OP is someone who 1) Has already bought his ST for next season and 2) Has 'I love Roland' stickers ready and printed.
  • Some people will always try to find a rose petal in a lump of shit.
    I bet the OP is someone who 1) Has already bought his ST for next season and 2) Has 'I love Roland' stickers ready and printed.

Think that's a little unfair mate. I don't know the OP but I doubt he's an apologist.

I see where he's coming from and get his point that whilst Slade was boring and Robinson clueless. Has Slade not eeked out that run or Robinson got lucky with his then we would be in real danger of 4th tier football.
  • edited April 2017

Some people will always try to find a rose petal in a lump of shit.

1) I will rpobably renew it just before the 30th April cut off

&

2) I want Roland OUT! and I also want Katrien OUT!