Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kelvin MacKenzie

Comments

• It's not just the gorilla comments that make this offensive. Other references to him and in particular the people of Liverpool make this truly objectionable. How this c**t is still in a job I do not know.
  • Hope this guy falls down a well tbh
  • responsible for Brexit

Really ?
    The Sun newspaper persuaded 17.4 million voters to vote leave ?

Wow !

They are also the main advisors for Bashar al-Assad
  • Kelvin McKenzie is possibly the most potent incarnation of every that is wrong in society. He makes Piers Morgan seem alright.

Eww writing that makes me feel dirty. I'll have to cleanse by watching that video of Brett Lee breaking Morgan's ribs
  • He's been suspended
  • It's a ridiculous that this classed as a race crime but having said that I hope the scum bag Mackenzie suffers regardless . The man is a pig

If anyone at all reports that they believe an incident to be racist, then it legally has to be recorded and investigated as such until it is deemed it isn't.
  • WSS said:

He's been suspended

With a rope? From what?

(This Saturday, 15 April, marks the 28th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster.)
  • Sponsored links:

• And yet they still printed it!??

Perhaps they want him out?
  • It's a ridiculous that this classed as a race crime but having said that I hope the scum bag Mackenzie suffers regardless . The man is a pig

Having gone back and read what he said again I've changed my mind. I think he knew exactly what he was saying . Scum bag
  • edited April 2017
    I agree he's a total scum bag but also think the whole editorial team should be suspended.
    They shouldn't be allowed to get away with printing that rubbish.
  • I will be down my local nick tomorrow to accuse him of racism. How he has got away with his offensive views for so long is a a sad reflection on our society. How many racist, sexist and homophobic crimes has he indirectly incited. This is the last straw. Please follow my lead and demand an "on record" interview. Present his odious edetorial from today's rag.
  • Barkley isn't 'half Nigerian' as has been said on this thread. His dad was mixed race, one of his grandparents is nigerian, he actually is eligible for Nigeria. He doesn't talk to his dad, hence he took his mother name, his dads name is a Nigerian surname. So to sum it up, a quarter of barkleys' grandparents were Nigerian. I think, once you know this it is slightly more visible, the texture of his hair etc.

Anyway, that aside, the headline is disgraceful.

• Last year several dailies highlighted Barkley's ancestry, 2013 also. KM is not only a guy that would read all his compeditor's press but also a football bloke, sadly I think a director with us once. His hatred for all things Liverpool, immigraand his status in media leads him to think he is untouchable.
  • edited April 2017
    Last year several dailies highlighted Barkley's ancestry, 2013 also. KM is not only a guy that would read all his competitor's press but also a football bloke, sadly I think a director with us once. His hatred for all things Liverpool, immigrants, gays, unions and his status in media leads him to think he is untouchable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a lot of empathy with a fellow Charlton fan then....

JOKE
  • Last year several dailies highlighted Barkley's ancestry, 2013 also. KM is not only a guy that would read all his competitor's press but also a football bloke, sadly I think a director with us once. His hatred for all things Liverpool, immigrants, gays, unions and his status in media leads him to think he is untouchable.

He was never a director
  • Fiiish said:

I haven't read the full article but reading the excerpts printed in that piece on the BBC website I have to defend Mr McKenzie. He didnt say Barkley looked like a gorilla, he said he has a look in his eyes, like you see in a gorilla in a zoo. He is not comparing him to a gorilla, but the that he has a faraway look in his eyes, like a zoo specimen has when being stuck in captivity.

I am certainly no fan of Mackenzie but typical of the media (and certain CL posters) that a "story" is jumped on & hyped him without actually reading what has been printed

Indeed. Says a lot more about the people who see a reference to a gorilla and automatically think 'African'.
    Wow. You are the only one to mention African as far as I'm aware. Why?
  • edited April 2017

Fiiish said:

I haven't read the full article but reading the excerpts printed in that piece on the BBC website I have to defend Mr McKenzie. He didnt say Barkley looked like a gorilla, he said he has a look in his eyes, like you see in a gorilla in a zoo. He is not comparing him to a gorilla, but the that he has a faraway look in his eyes, like a zoo specimen has when being stuck in captivity.

I am certainly no fan of Mackenzie but typical of the media (and certain CL posters) that a "story" is jumped on & hyped him without actually reading what has been printed

Indeed. Says a lot more about the people who see a reference to a gorilla and automatically think 'African'.
    Clearly I'm not. Hence the racism charge. I know you are being deliberately dense.

I also know what you're trying to imply and it's disgusting.
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

Clearly I'm not. Hence the racism charge. I know you are being deliberately dense.

You said it.
  • Fiiish said:

Fiiish said:

You said it.
    Stick to arthouse cinema mate, apparently you're out of your depth.
  • Rooney is a much disliked, ugly guy but never been compared to a gorilla. Doubt McKenzie was unaware of his parentage. The Sun is a stain on our society, full of racists and responsible for Brexit and racist attacks on non-Brits. If KM is not locked up for this, our country is bankrupt. (ps not Katrein Meire but bring it on).

Charlton life at it finest......