Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The "Can't get the full site a mobile device" thread

I used to be able to get the full site on my 'phone. Now I just get a sad face picture. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any ideas what's going on and how to stop it happening?

Comments

• Yep same here on iPhone
  • Yep same here on iPhone

My 'phone is an iPhone too. I haven't updated the iOS in quite some time so I don't think it's an issue with that.
  • edited April 2017
    I've got a Nokia/Microsoft phone. It's working on fine on there.
  • LoOkOuT said:

It's being addressed. @i_b_b_o_r_g is looking into it.

It's because @i_b_b_o_r_g is looking into it it's taking so long to fix. Been like it for 2 weeks now. Weak moderation as per usual
  • No way to talk about our top boy.
  • edited April 2017
    I get the face of someone looking back at me - is that @i_b_b_o_r_g ?
  • I find some thread titles even have words missing. Sort it out @i_b_b_o_r_g
  • It doesn't work on my android device. @i_b_b_o_r_g promised us he'd look into it a few weeks ago. I'm starting to get pissed off with the lack of results from this particular mod. All talk no sausage!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2017
    Just can't get the staff these days, I thought you was sorting it @LoOkOuT , I know it's Easter but I'm not a happy bunny :disappointed: .

It's no good delegating if you don't diarise and follow up otherwise that's known as abdication :wink: .
  • I am using an Apple air2 iPad.
    I was told that Recent Discussions should contain all the posts from General Charlton and the Forum.....unfortunately this is simply not the case......I have to continually switch between the two because they have very very different content.
  • Stig said:

I've got a Nokia/Microsoft phone. It's working on fine on there.

You alright Jack? :wink:
  • Was in Lidl, I have got family you know us Mods are just like normal people ffs

Well Cabes ain't
  • Any update on this please? Need to access the full site to do a search (on the mobile) and getting the 'something has gone wrong' error. Could start up the laptop instead but would rather not just yet as that is sooo much extra effort. Thanks :smile:
  • Also, if and when it gets fixed maybe it should be considered how many people actually want the mobile site view? If this thread's anything to go by, most people seem to prefer the full site.
  • No update I'm afraid, other things are taking time and priority.

genuinely surprised anyone would prefer the full site version from their mobile as opposed to the mobile view

• Cheers. Can't search from the mobile site (can we?)

Incidentally, have found I can call up the desktop site from browser settings so that's a good workaround. Seems its just the link tobthe full site at the bottom of the page that leads to the error.
  • no, but the full site one is equally rubbish!

what do you want? i'll look for you and link
  • Sponsored links:

Incidentally, have found I can call up the desktop site from browser settings so that's a good workaround. Seems its just the link tobthe full site at the bottom of the page that leads to the error.
    @swords_alive Do you mean if you enter

http://forum.charltonlife.com/

in the address bar you get the full site on a mobile device?

genuinely surprised anyone would prefer the full site version from their mobile as opposed to the mobile view

Im pretty sure the only reason people care, is to check who lol'd or flagged a comment... really dont see the need otherwise

Yeah I prefer the mobile site much better.

I do occasionally switch between the 2 so I can check the activity page. Or see who liked and loled me...
  • Have found how to call up the main site in order to search it. Thanks @AFKABartram
  • On iPhone, click on the little square with an up arrow (at the bottom of Safari). Then choose "request desktop site". You'll get the error message page with the sad face. But if you then go back a page, and hit refresh, you get the full site.

Only it doesn't last long. On your next visit you'll be back to mobile site. But it's long enough to see who likes your comment.

@AddicksAddict - from http://forum.charltonlife.com on the mobile, I go into the browser settings and tick a box for 'request desktop site'. I'm using chrome on android BTW. Then straight away the desktop site loads up and I can use the search box there.
  • Me too, iPhone 6

@AddicksAddict - from http://forum.charltonlife.com on the mobile, I go into the browser settings and tick a box for 'request desktop site'. I'm using chrome on android BTW. Then straight away the desktop site loads up and I can use the search box there.
    Thanks. I'll give it a go.

No update I'm afraid, other things are taking time and priority.

Up until recently, the mobile site didn't resize on my iPhone so I found the full site much better for reading with my poor eyesight. Now the mobile site does resize there's less of a need, but I still find the full site a more æsthetically pleasing one.
  • shine166 said:

No update I'm afraid, other things are taking time and priority.

Im pretty sure the only reason people care, is to check who lol'd or flagged a comment... really dont see the need otherwise
    Not for me.
    The reason I asked is because I draft the beat the bookie threads on my pc usually on a Tuesday evening then post it from my phone the following day.
    There doesn't seem to be a draft option on the mobile site.
  • Whilst we're waiting for an updated link, here's a workaround. One mobile, click this link: forum.charltonlife.com/profile/desktop/

You may get the Something's wrong page at first. Simply continue to the site with the links in the header (i.e. Forum) and you should be set.

Closing the browser window will put you back to the Mobile.