Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Last Game of the season.....our opportunity to kick the regime in the teeth

Hi All,
I'm well aware that CARD has already made an announcement but I think that we can make a real damning protest against this regime at our last fixture of this desperate season. I've mentioned before the principle of an 'amnesty' match and I believe that this will be hugely effective in again elevating our disapproval of the present owners and demonstrating to potential owners that they can rely on a loyal fan base.
There are many of us (me included) who have refused to renew our season tickets (4,000 is often quoted) but the fact that we are absent opens the door for the SMT to cite other reasons for the falling attendances. Indeed that despicable grovelling regime stalwart TK has remarked that this might be the case at one meeting with fans, suggesting that some victories on the pitch might allay the supporters concerns. This facile reaction simply betrays their inability to understand what attracts us to CAFC and why we need to feel a sense of belonging for supporting what is a wonderful football club but seldom other than a mediocre performer in the league and cup competitions. These SMT mugs need to understand that most (hopefully all) of us don't support Charlton because we crave footballing success (although it would be nice, on occasions) or that we are not looking to crow about our achievements to other supporters of larger clubs over any given weekend. If you want to support a successful club then there are plenty in London and a few others in Manchester. The participation and pride that we enjoy as supporters of CAFC is on numerous levels few of which are ever related to football trophies. We enjoy a compassionate club that promotes one of the best community schemes in the world, we are proud of our youth teams, we revel in our social initiatives such as The Upbeats as demonstrated by the 200 or so who attended the walk last Saturday. Our strength as a club has always been as a collective, fans and the Club, marching together whether in the Premier League, The Championship, League One or indeed in League Two, although hopefully not next season.
Adversity often brings out our best qualities and such has it been recently. KM has acknowledged a series of errors (as reported by the Trust when summarising a recent Q&A session). These errors have included the alienation of many fans and she seems to have belatedly recognised this however she continues to remain haughty and reluctantly apologetic. In my opinion, despite recent admissions her position remains untenable and she should resign or disappear when RD sells. So how do we emphasise this?
Most of our excellent protests thus far have been direct action by those in and around The Valley, on match days. These have been so successful but there are only so many pall bearers or relevant soft toys that we can choose to throw onto the pitch (excellent tactic but having been done successfully on at least three ocassions is now unlikely to generate many more column inches).
I believe that the most effective protest that still remains available to us is for us to fill The Valley on April 30th. We might still need a point or two (hopefully not) but if so let's provide some real vocal support for the team. Aside from this I think that the principal benefit will our demonstration to any potential owners that there is a loyal fan base who will return if RD sells.
So, to conclude, could I ask that ALL Charlton supporters make a real special attempt to attend the Swindon match on 30th April. I will be contacting many lapsed supporter friends to ask them if they can attend and would suggest that all do likewise.
If we can have 20k or so in attendance then this will surely be a huge embarrassment to KM and RD and we won't get another chance to do something like this for some time so lets go for it!

TARGET 20k vs Swindon 30-04-17

Comments

• We couldn't get anywhere near 20,000 for the Keith Palmer commemoration game.

Are you saying the Swindon game is more important?

Sorry, we wouldn't get 20,000 in the ground if we had just won the League...
  • I get the point

Would be a great statement

But... as you can see... plenty of people are (very reasonably) on a boycott

Would be a monumental effort to fill it even with all fans on board
  • Btw... what have CARD said about last game of the season?
  • Roland. Sell the club and my family will come back. Take katrein. Cahones with you and we will be back in our droves
  • at the aj fight night before early ko im happy to stay away heading up to Coventry on friday so will do my bit there, if hes off a deal brokering will have already started a last day protest wont change things.
  • I'd be up for a protest in the car park. I've no illusions as to the scale though. If they are still here though, I'm not going in.
  • Sponsored links:

• I suspect a lot of people who have been staying away will come back for the last game of the season...

Really, be interesting to see the attendance.
  • We have been most effective when we as fans have been right in their faces. Therefore Id urge everyone to put aside this boycott just for this game and let em know we are still here....
  • I suspect a lot of people who have been staying away will come back for the last game of the season...

I will be back for this game with three others who like myself have only been too two other home games this season. We are going purely to protest (and maybe see a victory, but I doubt it).

• A day to remember another season of depressingly disappointing football. Another two managers, failure to support either adequately and the sale of five better players; Pope, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Fox and Lookman. Actual home gate shrunk to 5,000 and the very real promise of another step-down next season if no-one will meet Duchatalet's unrealistic expectations. Meire still smirking her way around the stadium and patronising us with her inane Q and A's masquerading as "fan engagement." The Swindon game is worth a Last Hurrah for a few months just to remind the Regime of what to expect next season if they are still clinging on.

This, double this and thrice this
  • A bigger protest is no one goes !
  • I'll be there for this one giving Daisy a cheery goodbye :wink:
  • Midday on a Sunday, probably a meaningless game for us. 7k in the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• A small crowd will probably give a much clearer message in that game.
  • And a rousing chorus of 'Walzing Matilda' could be appropriate.
  • The version by the Pogues?

Still prefer "Just sell the club".
  • If there were such a large crowd the clubs PR would spin it to their advantage.

Still prefer "Just sell the club".
    'Just sell the club (and ground) our famous football club (and ground)'
  • If there were such a large crowd the clubs PR would spin it to their advantage.

Agreed

"Real fans no longer scared of the thuggish 2%"

Or something wankey like that
  • If Meire's already received her P45 by then it would be great to see 20,000 turn up... How to achieve T20k Katrien? Simple - you and Roland feck off and voilà!
  • If Meire's already received her P45 by then it would be great to see 20,000 turn up... How to achieve T20k Katrien? Simple - you and Roland feck off and voilà!

Unfortunately, if RD retains ownership of The Valley, I have a feeling we can guess who he will have as his CEO..