Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• They intend to make back their investment by getting us back into the premier league. That can't be a bad thing.

Thing is. It's not going to be "their" investment. The five year blueprint will need backing by other investors. Notoriously hard getting into the PL without huge luck (Palace) or huge investment. I can't see many "investors" out there likely to gamble.

As for the feeder club. What's not to cautiously like. Plenty of talent in Oz. First dibs on the cream could be very good.

I'm betting this won't eventually fly.

Do they own any clubs in Oz ? If not how are they going to push the best of the toungsters to us ?
    I doubt many Aussie clubs would stand in the way of young talent. If a ready pathway to an English professional club exists then it's not going to be a problem. There would need to be a good scouting network by AFC but I expect they know that already.

I'm sure that all of the top premier clubs have some scouting network out there. Man City or Charlton take your choice son :smiley:
    Frankly if they had any real ambition it would be Charlton.

• Uboat said:

Greenie said:

Fuck me, we have not even been taken over by these people, that we know nothing about, and yet people on here are crapping themselves already, it's so bloody embarrassing, it really is!
    You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Not having that. If anyone should be suspicious of new owners it's us.
    I remember those who doubted Roland getting a similar response.
    Anyway, you took about two and a half years to see the light regarding Roland so your credibility is not particularly high in this area.
    Haha - I dont give a toss what you are having, because unlike you I don't shit my pants at every opportunity, I wait until I know the facts and not respond to hearsay on a message board before I make my mind up. Same with RD same with our potential new owners.
    Also I am somewhat flattered that you remember what I said three years ago, you obviously don't have much going on in your sad life.
  • edited April 2017
    Fiiish said:

Uboat said:

vff said:

Reading on Twitter, suggestion that Duchatelet wants to retain ownership of the Valley & lease it to the Aussies. Appalling if true. That's not getting our clubback. Charlton won't prosper until Duchatelet is gone. Charlton bird in Duchatelet's gilded cage like St Truiden. FFS.

Agree. That would be a fucking disaster.
    If I could play Devil's Advocate...

If Roland has managed to successfully do anything at Charlton it is to revitalise the stadium and pitch that was in desperate need of it. Granted the undersoil heating is not actually connected to a boiler, but for the most part the stadium is in a better place.

It is the football side of things, and how he, as an owner, and his staff, as senior managers, have treated the fans that has brought about the ire of the fans. We want Roland out, but if the club is sold at a discount to someone who is much better at the football side of things, at the cost of paying Roland rent, then is that at least a step forward? At the very least, Daisy would be very much out of the picture.
    It'd be sad to think that Roland would get any benefit from the three year car crash he has created.

If his previous conduct in football is anything to go by, his rent demands would be totally unrealistic
  • 1905 said:

I just hope it's a case we are overly worried and things won't be as bad.

As bad as what? No one knows fuck all to be fair. Its post after post of speculation.

And on a football fans forum too. Who'd a thunk it.

• It's fair to say he's put a significant sum into the training ground as well as the valley. If we was to keep one I don't see why he wouldn't keep the other.
  • 1905 said:

I just hope it's a case we are overly worried and things won't be as bad.

As bad as what? No one knows fuck all to be fair. Its post after post of speculation.

And on a football fans forum too. Who'd a thunk it.

So enlighten me
  • vff said:

Reading on Twitter, suggestion that Duchatelet wants to retain ownership of the Valley & lease it to the Aussies. Appalling if true. That's not getting our clubback. Charlton won't prosper until Duchatelet is gone. Charlton bird in Duchatelet's gilded cage like St Truiden. FFS.

This is what I've always been afraid of. Hopefully none of the prospective buyers will be stupid enough to go for it. We will never be rid of this vampire otherwise.
  • It's fair to say he's put a significant sum into the training ground as well as the valley. If we was to keep one I don't see why he wouldn't keep the other.

I don't think he's done either. Maybe £1m each or what he wasted on Sarr
  • Sponsored links:

• Why can't we all just get along
  • On his way, on his way
    Out of Charlton, he's on his way
    How does he get out, I don't know
    How does he get out, I don't care
    All I know is Roland's on his way
  • Essex Al's flags removed - not abuse imo
    Essex_Al said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Henry / Al, take the side show offline or elsewhere please chaps, ta

And Al, remember to message him rather than write it on his profile page.
    Great bit of moderation by myself there
    I just learnt you can't flag a moderator - liberty!
    :wink:
  • edited April 2017

Probably because ultimately it's about the development value and that is higher at The Valley.
  • folder said:

That b*astard has fcuked us....he'll take our ground and redevelop it

Could well do :'(
  • Goodbye Roland, goodbye Roland
    Saying goodbye to Roland,
    and as we were saying goodbye to Roland
    Saying goodbye to Roland
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

The spivs were ambitious, look where that got us!

The Belgians are unambitious, look at where that has got us.
    No where near administration though mate!
    We did not go into administration.

They also had the nous to give the job to Powell and then give him the money to secure 100 points and 100 goals to get promoted to the Championship.

You'll never learn mate, I can feel a flag coming on.
    And why didn't we go into administration?

Go on admit, go on say it, cos Roland's money prevented it!! (I feel another spin coming on!)

Let's get Powell back and see if he'll play all our Aussie imports shall we!
    I don't for a minute accept the premise of your argument.
    But if I did, it's just a shame there's no precedent for club going into administration and recovering.
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

A message needs to get out to any potential buyers we will absolutely not tolerate a separation of club and ground in any deal

It is apt that we play Coventry, of all clubs, with a potential loss of control of our ground hanging over the club.
  • edited April 2017

They intend to make back their investment by getting us back into the premier league. That can't be a bad thing.

Thing is. It's not going to be "their" investment. The five year blueprint will need backing by other investors. Notoriously hard getting into the PL without huge luck (Palace) or huge investment. I can't see many "investors" out there likely to gamble.

As for the feeder club. What's not to cautiously like. Plenty of talent in Oz. First dibs on the cream could be very good.

I'm betting this won't eventually fly.

I'm of the opposite persuasion. I reckon there could be lots of interested investors looking for a decent return on their money, and it doesn't take many people stumping up £2m-£5m each to raise the £35m -£40m needed to buy the club. Remember, they aren't in it for the long term, as the 5 year plan is to get into the Premiership & then go for an IPO (which is basically a sale of shares in the company to institutional investors such as pension fund companies), at which time the initial investors can bail out & take their profits. It also means that if the "venture" doesn't succeed then they can easily offset their losses against gains they might have made elsewhere. I can see this being attractive to high paid individuals such as sportsman, footballers, entertainers etc - and not as risky as some of the tax avoidance schemes that have been prevalent recently.

Finally, playing devils advocate for once. If you want to get rid of your owner then don't be surprised that he may sell to the first bid he gets, which may not be to your liking,,,,,,,,,he doesnt care who he sells to, he just wants to get rid,
  • edited April 2017
    Doesn't sound too great to me. I hope this is a strategic leak to entice other buyers.
  • So potentially £20m sale without owning The Valley. I wouldn't buy Charlton for that price without The Valley included...

He wants to sell the club a league lower, with worse playing and coaching staff, and without our most valuable asset - The Valley... for a similar figure that he purchased us for 3 years ago.

I can't say I'd be jumping at that deal either!
  • razil said:

We should fight any seperation of ground and club tooth and nail at every level

Any change of ownership that doesn't include The Valley doesn't have my support. It has to be all in. This was Duchatelet’s end game all along.
    I recs you are prob spot on with this...fuckin bloke is a c"@t...!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!