Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Atletico Madrid v Leicester

Looking forward to this tonight but unfortunately a lot already in the media here about the Leicester 'hooligans' getting into bother on the Plaza Mayor. Wouldn't be surprised if the police over reacted and charged in on them but it is a real shame to see.

Game should be interesting but I reckon Atletico should have far too much for Leicester.

Comments

• Leicester have to hope for a 2-1/3-1 and win the tie at the King Power.
  • The only thing I've seen is them singing 10 German bombers
  • A few Gibraltar songs getting an airing.
  • Leicester fans are likely to get a beating if they go on about Gibraltar with some of Atletico's right wing ultras around, especially if they've been on the beer in the sun all day. Ironically Leicester and Atletico have quite a lot in common, both being unlikely champions against the big teams in recent years.
  • A section of Leicester supporters are bellends but the same could be said about any club.
    I would still love to see Leicester win though, real Roy of the Rovers story
  • Just seen a video of police just walking up to Leicester fans sitting having a beer and clumping anyone within batons reach.
  • When it comes to football the Police in Spain and in particular Madrid have always been OTT baton wilding c***s. They love nothing better than cracking some English bones (deserving or not).
  • I should probably stay out of the city tonight!
  • Just seen a video of police just walking up to Leicester fans sitting having a beer and clumping anyone within batons reach.

Wouldn't exactly say they look that innocent

Wouldn't exactly say they look that innocent

Different video to what I saw. It looked like this would of been before and the blokes left were sitting at the tables having a pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's really sad this only happens here when English teams come. When Liverpool played here a couple of years ago the whole city felt on lockdown. Combination of English fans' reputation + obvious yob element (minority) + heavy handed police x beer/sun.
  • Spain, sunshine and beer. What could possibly go wrong?
  • Could be an upset .. the Spaniards might win ((:>)
  • Ah sod all that. Is it on terrestial TV?
  • It's really sad this only happens here when English teams come. When Liverpool played here a couple of years ago the whole city felt on lockdown. Combination of English fans' reputation + obvious yob element (minority) + heavy handed police x beer/sun.

Legia Warsaw ran riot when in Madrid this year. As did Napoli.
  • Terrific noise in the Calderon. Atletico by 3 or 4?
  • I'd hope for lots of goals in this,say 4-2 to Atletico
  • ChiAddick said:

It's really sad this only happens here when English teams come. When Liverpool played here a couple of years ago the whole city felt on lockdown. Combination of English fans' reputation + obvious yob element (minority) + heavy handed police x beer/sun.

Legia Warsaw ran riot when in Madrid this year. As did Napoli.
    Did they? No one seemed to notice here if they did!
  • Ath Madrid won't concede
  • Sponsored links:

• That sums it up CM.
  • Awful penalty decision!!
  • That's an absolute disgrace of a decision , perfect position from the ref and still gets it wrong.
  • Bad call ref.
  • Ref got it right with the penalty decision. I read or heard something along the lines of if the foul is committed just outside or on the line and the players momentum takes him inside the box then the ref can give a pen.
  • Even worse penalty just given in the Bayern match. Ref didn't have a clear view at all, never a pen. Justice done though as Vidal skies it miles over.
  • Been a pen in all three games today. Only one scored.
  • Another shockingly poor European ref. Where do they find them.
  • 1StevieG said:

Ref got it right with the penalty decision. I read or heard something along the lines of if the foul is committed just outside or on the line and the players momentum takes him inside the box then the ref can give a pen.

Well thats just stupid... What consists of a players momentum? (i.e. a player could stagger a good few yards, fall into the penalty area and so claim a penalty)

A foul should surely be where the contact is made!!