Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited April 2017

Looks like they're connected with Richmond FC (Aussie Rules team)

Not sure who G Murphy is, might be interesting.

Gerard Murphy is explicitly mentioned on the Mail article.
  • I'm looking forward to the pitchside barbie and the move to only selling beer in half pints already.
  • More concerned by lack of funds than anything else.

Getting the best young Aussie players is great as long as Muscat is nothing to do with it!
  • Bit like Jimenez, Slater and Cash with Roland mixed into one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd ignore the unhelpful rhetoric about feeder club stuff for now. At least we appear to be getting a little meat on the bones.

We must be able to gain some insight into Murphy and Aitken, particularly from the formers previous links with Crystal Palace.

That it appears they have been putting an investment blueprint together to entice others suggests they don't particularly have much financial backing themselves

Just slightly encouraged they have articulated the investment potential of the club/ business which might draw others in, but it is a sign we are at the sharp end of football's newest business model, with the chances of homegrown or locally sponsored interests having control of the club belonging to a previous era. Have to hope this is early days in a longer process with better news to follow.
  • Smithy said:

Don't like the sound of this at all. Australian Roland.

But without a lot of money in the bank
    Also means that Roland by having a lot of money doesnt have to sell if he doesnt want... If he wants to be a true bastard he can run the club into the Ground and won't feel it.

This Australian Company on the other hand won't be able to do that and if they start losing too much they'll have to sell else the owners will destroy themselves
    Unless douchbag invests in the Aussies ?
  • £20 million buys the club, no mention of the debt to Staprix
  • edited April 2017
    No news of the financial backers then? No problem with a consortium, but if their combined wealth adds up to 50 mil we'll have more problems than we have now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Apparently because they're so far away they would hope to keep the current smt intact to carry on running the club & if they get enough backing they're going to buy in an extra pack of vol au vents for those blaggers on the sidelines

Ouch.
  • edited April 2017
    I think some people are getting ahead of themselves, why assume they will be changing our kit to yellow and green! If their plan is to get us into the top flight, they put themselves way ahead of Roland already. Lots of talenet in Australia and it would be great if loads of Aussies start supporting us!
  • Wonder if Murray is involved with this lot?
  • Australian Football Consortium Ltd (AFC) are currently attempting to raise the capital necessary to buy out the Belgian, who holds 100 per cent of the shares via his holding company Staprix NV.

''Attempting to raise the capital''

If they are attempting to raise the capital, how much money will they have to put in the club?

This bodes well!

I wonder how much a protest coach to Australia will cost? :wink:
  • 'The mooted deal to purchase both the club and the New Eltham training facility is believed to be worth around £20million.'

Does that include The Valley?
  • I'd ignore the unhelpful rhetoric about feeder club stuff for now. At least we appear to be getting a little meat on the bones.

We must be able to gain some insight into Murphy and Aitken, particularly from the formers previous links with Crystal Palace.

That it appears they have been putting an investment blueprint together to entice others suggests they don't particularly have much financial backing themselves

Just slightly encouraged they have articulated the investment potential of the club/ business which might draw others in, but it is a sign we are at the sharp end of football's newest business model, with the chances of homegrown or locally sponsored interests having control of the club belonging to a previous era. Have to hope this is early days in a longer process with better news to follow.
    How many clubs in the top 2 divisions are owned by local businessmen these days?
  • I think we can have a good idea the price is £20m now. And it is clearly in Roland's interests to sell a.s.a.p. if he is selling, which I'm sure he is!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!