Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fast and Furious

A great franchise ( new film out this week) or a tired overhyped format way past its best?

Comments

• An entertaining franchise for when you need easy, nonsensical watching after a tough day.
  • I love them, exactly what action films should be and they don't try to be anything they are not
  • Got too weird in the last 3 films for me, take it back to the street racing stuff that it was before, and not jumping cars out of tall buildings etc
  • The Brazil one was the last decent one. Got too daft since then, there's a bit of suspension of disbelief, then there's people falling hundreds of feet with barely a scratch etc.
  • I quite enjoyed Fast Five, but it's the only one I've seen
  • My son and I watched the first one yesterday. It seemed as corny as possible for the first ten minutes but then he announced that he thought he liked it so I gave it the benefit of doubt. I'm glad I did. Sure the story is a little far fetched and the cars are riddiclous but it was very entertaining. Also we have a new franchise to get stuck into over the rest of the Easter holiday.

What's not to like.
  • Dazzler21 said:

An entertaining franchise for when you need easy, nonsensical watching after a tough day.

I thought it was a true story?
  • Leuth said:

I quite enjoyed Fast Five, but it's the only one I've seen

But how did you pick up on all the subtle plot nuances and references form the earlier films?!?!
  • only recently watched these given that there's now a fast and furious channel on Sky movies.

very easy watching