Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

K2 Pressure Cleaners

How long are these supposed to last? I use one for about 4 or 5 days every spring cleaning my garden decking, my sister's garden and my neighbour's garden. On the third year, so after about 50 - 60 hours total use, my last 3 have stopped working. Out of warranty, cost about £80 quid so not worth trying to get repaired. Sitting in coffee shop next to B&Q in Charlton contemplating a Macallaster (spelling?) pressure washer for £120. Anyone with experience of these?

Comments

• How long are these supposed to last? I use one for about 4 or 5 days every spring cleaning my garden decking, my sister's garden and my neighbour's garden. On the third year, so after about 50 - 60 hours total use, my last 3 have stopped working. Out of warranty, cost about £80 quid so not worth trying to get repaired. Sitting in coffee shop next to B&Q in Charlton contemplating a Macallaster (spelling?) pressure washer for £120. Anyone with experience of these?

I have a Macallister edge strimmer and it's far better than the Bosch it replaced (Bosch despite their good name for quality etc. seem to have gone down the road of Chinese made with a Bosch name and logo added later) .. MacA stuff in general has a good name, not cheap but you get what you pay for .. Wickes also do a decent own brand pressure washer .. I have had mine for 9 years, it still does the job for me
  • How long are these supposed to last? I use one for about 4 or 5 days every spring cleaning my garden decking, my sister's garden and my neighbour's garden. On the third year, so after about 50 - 60 hours total use, my last 3 have stopped working. Out of warranty, cost about £80 quid so not worth trying to get repaired. Sitting in coffee shop next to B&Q in Charlton contemplating a Macallaster (spelling?) pressure washer for £120. Anyone with experience of these?

I have a Macallister edge strimmer and it's far better than the Bosch it replaced (Bosch despite their good name for quality etc. seem to have gone down the road of Chinese made with a Bosch name and logo added later) .. MacA stuff in general has a good name, not cheap but you get what you pay for .. Wickes also do a decent own brand pressure washer .. I have had mine for 9 years, it still does the job for me
    The K2 is a bit too wimpy for me, I bought a k4 recently and it was well worth the extra 100 quid. I've been stung too many times with own brand gear but macallister are ok. As far as pressure washers go though and cleaning products in general Karcher are very good

That is interesting. I went to B&Q with the intention of getting a Bosch pressure cleaner for £150 based purely on the brand name. But they had none in stock. Saw the Macallister models but had never heard of them so was not sure.
  • bosch green stuff isnt great the blue stuff is better as this is there trade rated stuff.
  • That's so weird. My K2 compact has packed up and was just last night looking at the macallister. I've got their strimmer which works fine
  • Cheaper Karchers (like the K2) have plastic motors, whereas the more expensive ones and a lot of other brands have metal motors.

• Just recently brought Lidl's own brand for £70. Used it several times now and no complaints. Excellent value for money for now but we will see more after more use. Good results as well.
  • Just bought a Nilfisk off Amazon. My first outing with a pressure washer. Seems pretty good, has an aluminium pump I think. I did kindly offer to do Mrs cafcfan's dental hygiene but she declined.
  • MacAllister is a B&Q own brand. If you are getting a Karcher then a K4 is the minimum power to aim for. My MacA broke and although only a few years old no spare parts were available. My K4 is much better - touch wood !