Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possible CAFC Museum Visit - Easter Half Term

Hello All

During the Easter Break, Myself, my partner and 2 children are popping down to London from Manchester for a day(ish) trip to see the sites etc

The hotel we are staying in happens to be the Holiday Inn in Greenwich near the O2 (and roughly a 25 min walk to the Valley).

I want to take my Kids to the Valley for a match (which won't happen until Roland goes) but as we are staying so close, and as we are seeing ALL the Important London Landmarks (Plus its easy to get to) I will take them to have a look at the place they have heard me drone on so much about

(Takeover dependent i might ask if we can get a short tour, maybe even a pitch-side photo but i won't hold my breath)

However, the CAFC museum isn't owned by the club and is run by volunteers. Am i correct? If so i'd love to take the kids their just to show them something Charlton whilst there.

My question is will it be open or does it only open on match days?

Cheers

Comments

• It opens some/most Friday mornings, am sure one of the volunteers will help you.
  • You are correct that the museum is independent of the club and is run by volunteers.

We'd love to show you round.

If you let us know when you are in London we will try and work around that. We usually open on Fridays but that's not ideal for Easter so we may open another day so other families can visit. Bring your camera so you can take photos.

All free entry but donations welcome.
  • Fantastic stuff. Thank you

We are due down on the 10th April, but will more likely be visiting the morning of the 11th (Tuesday) as my partner has a full day of excursion planned for the rest of the day.

What time would you be open from?
  • cafcwill said:

Fantastic stuff. Thank you

We are due down on the 10th April, but will more likely be visiting the morning of the 11th (Tuesday) as my partner has a full day of excursion planned for the rest of the day.

How is 10.30 am for you?
  • I'll double check with the Other half to see whats shes got planned for the day to make sure the times are ok.
  • cafcwill said:

I'll double check with the Other half to see whats shes got planned for the day to make sure the times are ok.

This is where you are going wrong. You tell her what her plans are.
  • cafcwill said:

I'll double check with the Other half to see whats shes got planned for the day to make sure the times are ok.

I was pushing my luck with the Greenwich Hotel. :-)
  • cafcwill said:

Fantastic stuff. Thank you

How is 10.30 am for you?
    Hello

10:30am on the Tuesday will be perfect. Gives us a chance to get breakfast etc and have a leisurely stroll over.

Thank you for you help with this. I'll message you closer to the time to confirm everything.

I told Pbear last night and her first response was "Will Chris Solly be there daddy?"
  • cafcwill said:

cafcwill said:

Don't forget treat her to a fry-up in the Valley Café ...
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

cafcwill said:

cafcwill said:

Don't forget treat her to a fry-up in the Valley Café ...
    That's being saved for the First match back after the Takeover. Nothing beats a pre-match fry up at the Valley Cafe
  • Hi

A week to go till we're down, just wanted to check everything was still ok for the museum visit on Tuesday?

If i ask Pbear what we're doing in London and her only answer is Charlton, (followed by the Chris Solly question again) so no pressure :-)
  • @cafcwill I'll be there from 10.00 am
  • Think it's time I visited again.
  • @cafcwill I'll be there from 10.00 am

Is that still the plan?
  • Yes, I'll be there from 10.00 to 2.00

Finally got @stig revised timelines printed up so will be trying to put them up while showing people around

• I've got the day off tomorrow, I might just pop down there. Is the secret knock still the same?
  • Stig said:

I've got the day off tomorrow, I might just pop down there. Is the secret knock still the same?

Yep