Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tony Adams

Has taken over Gabala FC in Azerbaijan.

He's also planning on doing 5/10 years there!

Comments

• I can't ever hear that country mentioned without going through a full cockney transformation

"Lets all go daaan the Strand, Azerbaijana !"
  • mmm I'm worried about you AFKA ... your mind goes in strange directions
  • i worry myself at times !
  • I saw he was talking about in 5/10 years making the Champions League group stages, after winning the league in about 3.

Be surprised if he lasts anywhere near that long, bit like when Gazza managed Kettering, just knew it wouldn't turn out like they wanted it to. Sky Sports News showed all the odds of him being there in 5 years, 10 years, getting them to the Football League etc. Barely lasted a month. I'm sure Adams can last longer than that, but that's won't be too hard.
  • Good Coach, Shocking Manager!
  • Gary Stevens will be his deputy.
  • I hope he does well. Adam's is pure marmite ,and even those who like him (such as me) must have their 'squirmy' moments. However, I like the fact that he's a bit different and I hope he can make a career in management, in wherever that might be.
  • A sandwich short of a picnic is Adams..
  • I've heard Gazza will be joining him!!
  • Sponsored links:

• They like a donkey out there
  • Just been appointed at Granada, currently looking doomed in La Liga.

Weird one.

Aren't they linked to Watford?

Weird one.

not anymore. the pozzo family sold it to a Chinese business man last summer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiang_Lizhang
  • Heeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaw

Sorry, couldnt resist.
  • Really surprising move this. Hopefully he will do better here than Gary Neville or David Moyes did - would be good to see a British manager do well abroad. Granada are pretty far from safety though.
  • I like him. Top quality player and talks a lot of sense whenever I hear him speak. Good luck to him.
  • What's he been doing for the last few years as he's vanished from the public eye?

He's 50 now, so not exactly a young up and coming manager either
  • His managerial record is pretty poor, apart from the spell at Gabala in Azerbaijan when I think he did ok. However, he's picked up some fairly diverse experience, coaching at Feyenoord, managing in League 2, managing in the Premier League, and Azerbaijan.

Probably a terribly idea but you never know, will be interesting to watch either way.

Bet there's some perplexed people on GranadaLife.com this afternoon.

Weird one.

Better not get caught at the top of any bell towers then...
  • I'm sure Tony will enjoy Granada anyway, the Alhambra is an amazing place, and the beach isn't too far away either...
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen some great work on the internet about this so far including the classic headline:

Don Quixote meets Donkey Adams
  • Is the Alhambra the local bingo hall?
  • They could do with him in the Arsenal back 4 tonight!!!
  • He has perfected the art of being a bit thick but speaking slightly more slowly in order to appear more intelligent.
  • He has perfected the art of being a bit thick but speaking slightly more slowly in order to appear more intelligent.

Does. That. Really. Work?

Does. That. Really. Work?
    It's the opposite of the so-called 'Dave Bassett Approach'.