Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Give us the award or we'll torch your house.
  • Everyone loves us, we don't care.
  • A different breed from us that's for sure
  • wtf ??? Who voted in this category ??? I hope we DO play them again next season as I'd like to see them keeping us behind for 45 mins & shutting the loos now that they are FAMILY CLUB OF THE YEAR.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a wind up.

If not, then the award is meaningless and should simply just be forgotten about.
  • Is this a late April Fools joke?
  • Haters gonna hate.

Don't be jel, it's not a good look.

The award wasn't for 'which football league club had a few embarrassing fans highlighted on social(ly inept) media' (for the record, we'd have won that as well).

It must irk somewhat that your ruffian neighbours are more of a family club, and do more in their local community, than yourselves.

In fact, it probably hurts more than giving us a leg up in to the play off places, eh @kinveachyaddick :wink:
  • Is it The Addams Family Awards ?
  • wtf ??? Who voted in this category ??? I hope we DO play them again next season as I'd like to see them keeping us behind for 45 mins & shutting the loos now that they are FAMILY CLUB OF THE YEAR.

I'm not sure that's part of the criteria that's considered, mate.......
  • And the best 28-phase training ground rebuilding project.
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt very much their trust does more than ours.

CACT runs Greenwich Youth Services for example.

But that's not to say that Millwall the club as opposed to their separate Community Trust haven't worked hard to be more welcoming to families.

Perhaps they do more than having a fun zone in a car park like Meire.

Or perhaps they have a CEO who understands communications with fans and building relationships with them.

I wonder where he learnt that.

The award is for the Community Trust, not the Lions Trust, so perhaps they were benchmarked against each other and a winner determined on the overall work they do in their respective communities. It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

I know it may be a bitter pill to swallow but sometimes other clubs and their work is deemed greater than that of CACT. Just an idea, of course.
  • I guess incest has been acknowledged as a family activity now
  • Daddy_Pig said:

I guess incest has been acknowledged as a family activity now

Yeah, that would've been the clincher......

• Millwalls trust probably teach the local kids all that they will ever need to know.
    How to fiddle the benefit system and always go 'No comment.'

Millwall is based in a very rich cultural area. The ethnic diversity in and around Bermondsey now is huge.

Are you suggesting that the Community Trust encourages disadvantaged children and those from poor families to commit benefit fraud?
  • edited April 2017
    Does make me wonder how the Football League decide on the winner.

i.e. In League One and League Two is the Player of the Year simply based on who the top scorer is? - Billy Sharp is a class player and deserves his award yet Josh Morris from Scunthorpe is a Midfielder and has scored only seven goals less but also has 9-assists!!
  • I doubt very much their trust does more than ours.

CACT runs Greenwich Youth Services for example.

But that's not to say that Millwall the club as opposed to their separate Community Trust haven't worked hard to be more welcoming to families.

Perhaps they do more than having a fun zone in a car park like Meire.

Or perhaps they have a CEO who understands communications with fans and building relationships with them.

I wonder where he learnt that.

The award is for the Community Trust, not the Lions Trust, so perhaps they were benchmarked against each other and a winner determined on the overall work they do in their respective communities. It's not beyond the realms of possibility.

I know it may be a bitter pill to swallow but sometimes other clubs and their work is deemed greater than that of CACT. Just an idea, of course.
    Not bitter at all The football league can't give us the award EVERY year so well done Millwall Community Trust.

I didn't go on a Millwall site last year to gloat about this.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-community-trust-football-league-awards-3066096.aspx

So well done to millwall for winning a domestic award. Come back when you're world champions

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/11578708.Charlton_Athletic_Community_Trust_beats_sports_big_names_at_award_ceremony_in_Johannesburg/

; - )
    Gloat? I clicked on what I thought was a post about the football league being a joke. Turns out I was wrong. It was more about not being like the Murphy's :wink:
  • edited April 2017
    I think somebody in the EFL doesn't realise April Fool's day is on the first day of April!!!! Hilarious. Waiting for Bradley Walsh to announce that Brain Belo is a new recruit to the chasers!