Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Wilder

What a job he is doing at Sheffield United.

Comments

• Wilder comes from Sheffield, was a Blades fan as a boy, played nearly 100 games for them and now has his 'dream job' (wait until you're sacked Chris, the dream may become reality) ..In direct contrast to what @ricky_otto has written, I read that Wilder stated that he was on the verge of signing for us than got an offer he could not refuse from Bramhall Lane .. no surprise there then
  • Wilder comes from Sheffield, was a Blades fan as a boy, played nearly 100 games for them and now has his 'dream job' (wait until you're sacked Chris, the dream may become reality) ..In direct contrast to what @ricky_otto has written, I read that Wilder stated that he was on the verge of signing for us than got an offer he could not refuse from Bramhall Lane .. no surprise there then

Not the whole story.
  • Pleased for the Sheffield United fans, they always seemed a decent bunch the few times I have been to bramall lane.
  • Wonder if Wilder is interested in Ricky Holmes...he could surly cut it in the Championship....and as they were together at Northampton it's a distinct possibility. Another £1-2 million of the debt to Strapix?
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting to hear Chris Powell's comments on the Football League Show last night... Apparently the two know each other rather well.

I know the main fact he delayed was to sign with Sheff Utd but also wonder if he had a chat with Powell who simply gave his honest opinion about the owners which also maybe resulted in Wilder deciding against the move here
  • edited April 2017

Interesting to hear Chris Powell's comments on the Football League Show last night... Apparently the two know each other rather well.

I know the main fact he delayed was to sign with Sheff Utd but also wonder if he had a chat with Powell who simply gave his honest opinion about the owners which also maybe resulted in Wilder deciding against the move here

I know where you are coming from here mate but let's be honest unless you've been living under a stone or are desperate like an out of work non league level player why would you take a job with us at the moment? Oh hang on a minute you can't lose with a nice big pay off if you screw up! How many Managers / Coaches have we gone through since the circus rolled into town......seven? :smirk: .
  • Former club comes in for you, after prospective new employer refuses to give you carte blanche / assurances over team selection and transfer dealings. Furtermore word from opinions of highly respected people in the game = no brainier.

Sheffield Utd over Charlton every day of the week in the 2016/17 season and history will have it that Chris Wilder's decision making was absolutely spot on.
  • Another middle finger to the regime. I think Jim Bowen said it best "Here's what you could have won....". Fucking sooner these clowns depart the better.
  • Credit to him + a boyhood supporter, wish him and the Blades well 2017-18.
  • Looks like Roly's strategically placed lasso is the only thing that worked for the old duffer this year.
  • Credit to him + a boyhood supporter, wish him and the Blades well 2017-18.

I was out for a meal in Sheff town centre on Tuesday night. It was a bit chaotic with the Utd team being announced on the town hall steps before a big crowd. A big screen was up showing the goals over the season. Much to my delight as i walked through the crowd and saw their goal against Millwall, hence my 'We hate Millwall' song.

Anyway whilst at the meal a 60 - something couple sits on the table next to us and the fella announced that he'd been in the crowd. We had a bit of a chat and he stated that he knows Wilder very well. When we mentioned we were Charlton and he could have come to us if Roland had been a bit more organised, he said it was never on the cards. He was always going to United as soon as the offer from them was on the table. Very pleased for him and their long suffering fans.
  • Incredible run this guys on, could well take Sheff Utd from league one to the premier league in consecutive seasons.

Hadn't realised that he's been in management for 15 years and has never been sacked. Not too many managers can say that, given the way football is these days. Only had 4 jobs in that time, and has got better with each role
  • Incredible run this guys on, could well take Sheff Utd from league one to the premier league in consecutive seasons.

Hadn't realised that he's been in management for 15 years and has never been sacked. Not too many managers can say that, given the way football is these days. Only had 4 jobs in that time, and has got better with each role

With all the shef wendies fans at work I'd find it so hilarious if United go up this year. Especially after them giving it large when they got to the playoff final last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• This in The Grau yesterday.

Sheffield United’s Chris Wilder: ‘I want to drive this club to the highest level’ https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/03/sheffield-united-chris-wilder-championship?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  • Once we get taken over, he'll wish he'd come to us ;-)
  • The Massives must be loving this.
  • edited January 2020

Click the tweet... 1minute interview talking about how he almost joined us
  • Funny he didnt say it was negative comments on a fans forums that stopped him coming here which I believe we were told was the reason from someone else
    Exactly - basically I was going to take it but Sheffield United came in for me before I did. 
  • Think Wilder would have left by now