Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VOTV135 out for Southend with major Chris Powell interview

Final issue of the season - big interview with Chris Powell by Matt Wright to lift the mood, plus John Ingram on the 1974/75 promotion season, Kyle Andrews on Karl Robinson - and more.

Posting out at 3pm, still time to order at www.votvonline.com and hopefully get it in the post tomorrow morning, RM permitting (that's Royal Mail, not Richard Murray...).

For avoidance of doubt, this is not the actual front cover.

Comments

• 1StevieG said:

I thought it was Sir Chris Powell, now he is a Major!

He could be both?

Hopefully the great man will be able to come back home soon.
  • Ordered mine! :)
  • Which page has the takeover update on it? :smile:
  • Hopefully there will be a late edition with the news on the front page.
  • Move on Chris.
  • Move on Chris.

?
  • Which page has the takeover update on it? :smile:

• Move on Chris.

?
    Chris Powell's famous catchphrase.

He'd often finish press interviews, "And we move on".

• Sponsored links:

• From the picture Airman's posted, I've been sent a different version. I hope mine's like one of those rare £1 coins and turns out to be worth hundreds!
  • Doesn't quite make up for not being at the game - self imposed boycott kind of thing - but reminds me why I won't return until these bastards are gone. And as ever a great read.
  • edited April 2017

redsek said:

Doesn't quite make up for not being at the game - self imposed boycott kind of thing - but reminds me why I won't return until these bastards are gone. And as ever a great read.

Same here - sitting in the garden reading the copy that dropped through the letterbox this morning not quite the same as being at the game but after Tuesday I'm done (apart from the odd trip down) until these ****s are gone from our club.

Great interview with Chris Powell. Almost brought a tear to my eye thinking about what we had with that promotion winning team of his and how these imbeciles threw it all away.

Just sell the club Douchbag and eff off and take Daisy with you.

The previous owners and Cash played their part too in terms of Powell. That second season in the Championship. We were not far off - just needed a bit of backing rather than the rug being pulled. Sigh!
  • Ordered mine to my home address rather than uni. Silly me. Now I have to wait until Tuesday to read it. Probably a good thing as I have an essay to write for Monday... bore.
  • So I was temporarily selling VOTV while my old man had a chat with a couple of people about this and that.

Someone walking past taps me, says "yeah go on, keep selling that, old Rick needs the money doesn't he?" - to which I, nonplussed, shout as he walks on, "Sorry mate, what was that? D'you wanna repeat yourself?"

Said person then tells me to "fuck off". (I respond not quite in kind, but "fuck you".) He was wearing a blue top, short, glasses I think, bad teeth, seemed like a massive bellend. I was very pissed off.

Can anyone tell me who that would be?
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

So I was temporarily selling VOTV while my old man had a chat with a couple of people about this and that.

Someone walking past taps me, says "yeah go on, keep selling that, old Rick needs the money doesn't he?" - to which I, nonplussed, shout as he walks on, "Sorry mate, what was that? D'you wanna repeat yourself?"

Said person then tells me to "fuck off". (I respond not quite in kind, but "fuck you".) He was wearing a blue top, short, glasses I think, bad teeth, seemed like a massive bellend. I was very pissed off.

Bad teeth? Sounds like Roland.
  • So the lawyer holed up at the Valley has/had nothing to do with due diligence or a takeover but was actually there collating evidence for the Eddie Heath sex abuse case?
  • PaddyP17 said:

So I was temporarily selling VOTV while my old man had a chat with a couple of people about this and that.

Wasn't me honest!
  • PaddyP17 said:

Expect there are only a handful of people that would react that way all from a certain other "place". On top of that seems most of them don't even attend so should narrow it down a bit.