Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Southend 2017 post match views

Great result when it really counts. Dominant from the off and to score five without reply, that's something to be proud of. Well done Charlton Upbeats.

And a decent result from Roland's wonders too.

Discuss.

Comments

• edited April 2017
    LoOkOuT said:

Great result when it really counts. Dominant from the off and to score five without reply, that's something to be proud of. Well done Charlton Upbeats.

And a decent result from Roland's wonders too.

Discuss.

A bit of a delay opening this thread after closing the match thread Lookie, been cracking open the champagne :wink: .
  • Only worry is how badly injured is Holmes, we cannot afford to be without him for the last 4 games
  • ross1 said:

Only worry is how badly injured is Holmes, we cannot afford to be without him for the last 4 games

Agreed however time for others to step up to the plate.
  • The fact we're all relieved that we are more or less safe from relegation to league two says it all!

Good to get past that "line" but keeps Gobinson in his job another week
  • Great result and I'm pretty certain we're safe now .
    Always know our team will pull out a performance if it will help millwall and there we have it they are in the play offs .

99% 13th-20th ........ 1% Relegation

Mind you Oohaa they helped us out in midweek :wink:
  • Thanks as usual for the match updates. Weird feeling of euphoria after a scrappy 2-1 win at home against Southend. We really are in free fall, and badly badly need a takeover to remove these idiots from our club.
    In the meantime, happy enough with the win - it's been a while.
  • I was about to say pretty much everything Ken said. Well said Ken.
  • Sponsored links:

• Enjoy the moment folks, tomorrow's another day plus a takeover is more likely if we're a L1 club IMO.
  • Great result but we're not quite safe yet, one more win will do it however.
  • Huge win, should see us safe, just hoping now the takeover speeds up if the new ownership was waiting to see what division we would be in.

Where did you find that?
  • Gobinson should have taken off Macginnis and Holmes 10 minutes before the end. Both crocked and knackered.
  • _MrDick said:

Posting without going... pleased that we won

Me too. Let's just hope there is a buyer out there who will come in and make the Belgian mafia an offer they can't refuse!! Then maybe we can all look forward to next season.

• Sponsored links:

• I wasn't at the game, so I followed on here, saw the goal we conceded on Twitter and checked the post-match stats on the BBC Sport site.

Possession 48-52
    Shots 6-13
    Shots on target 2-6

There are times in the past when I would have been punching the air at a 2-1 win with stats like that. But the fact is, we've failed to dominate possession at home; we've conceded twice as many shots as our opponents; and we won because their keeper failed to save any shot we had on target.

It's great to win. But stats like that confirm the fact we are totally directionless. And, with our best player (in my opinion) out injured, we look very likely to finish lower than we've ever done, since we joined the League, between the wars.

So, thank you Roland. Not only have you ruined ever aspect of the club from top to bottom, you've actually taken away the only pleasure left: gleaning some joy out of Charlton winning.
  • Relief rather than joy today. But massive relief. We do still need a couple more points though!
  • Lovely day. Good three points. Their equaliser was the worst defended corner I have ever seen. Didn't know Byrne was on the pitch till he had his magic minute, skinning their defender before (at second attempt) putting over cross of the day leading to the winner. Solly was excellent today. Hope Holmes is ok.
  • Going up.
  • Wasn't able to go today and pretty sure I won't be able to go again this season. Only able to listen to part of the game and it was a relief to check the score and see we won.

Still not 100% safe yet but really shouldn't be going down now. But then we should be nowhere near this position in the first place.
  • addick05 said:

_MrDick said:

Posting without going... pleased that we won

Me too. Let's just hope there is a buyer out there who will come in and make the Belgian mafia an offer they can't refuse!! Then maybe we can all look forward to next season.

Me too. I don't intend to go again this season. Really pleased we won
  • What a season this has been though, who'd have thought we'd get to April and the big thing would be a 2-1 win against the mighty Southend United who incidently would have started the game as favourites to win!! It underlines how these morons have dismantled our great club to such a devastating degree and lowered everyones expectations.

Just sell up and go Rolnad, your experiment has been an unmitigated disaster, the club doesn't need it, the customers don't need it, you're getting old and it has to be too much hassle for a man of your age. Just sell up and go, potter about in your shed and play with your microchips and let someone who gives a damn about this club restore it to the levels it was at before 2014. In short Please Go!!!
  • We really needed the win today. Anything else and we really would have been looking at a proper relegation fight. Right now I'll take bare survival as it's the best thing on offer. Just need to get this season over with, and Roland to go and take Robinson with him, then we can start over
  • Better than Tuesday but not sure it was really possible to be worse.

Tarbuck still playing stupid formations and we are still huff and puff and very little else.

Sad indicment that we have players embracing and tub thumping at the end of a game in which a win has more or less kept us in fucking league 1.