Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Enough is enough

Tuesday night was the tipping point for me. Came away feeling nothing but anger, hopelessness and despair. Probably leaving myself open to some criticism here, but like so many, I have been through plenty of ups and downs following the Addicks. I was there watching among the usual 4,000 crowds during the seventies; I trekked to Selhurst and, along with my two lads, was part of the 800-odd souls for the Sunderland match; we were at St Andrews for the play-off game against Leeds; the Battle of Stamford Bridge; helped with the clear-up at The Valley; jumped for joy at Woolwich Town Hall on the night we finally knew we were going back home; Old Trafford for THAT cup game; away to Ipswich for play-off semi-final; Wembley naturally and the wonderful season's we spent in the Premiership.
Now I know I'm not unique as there must be many fans who shared the same or a similar journey. But Tuesday was the night I realised I'd had enough. Doubt if I will go again this season and probably not at all next season - whichever league we will be playing in.
Unless Roland goes there seems little point as we are on a downward slope - probably morphing into a Belgian ST-type soulless club where, it would appear, the 'fans' prefer either drinking or dancing instead of cheering on their team - or worse, into total oblivion.
Basically it's not Charlton anymore. I sat there on Tuesday not really caring whether we won drew or lost. Ridiculous. Still can't believe I didn't walk out - like so many - when the second goal went in.
Well, good luck with the protests and if you can steel yourself to keep going well done. Sadly, I will not be joining you. But when the cancer that is eating away at our club is finally eradicated I like thousands of others will be back.

Comments

• I think your story and decision is echoed many times over.
  • It is certainly echoed in me, my brother and my son.
  • Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i think regardless of how you feel, you should still make an effort to go to the last game for the protests. One last chance this season to show them how we feel.

Why wait for the last game. Any opportunity to get at them is valid and doesn't have to be organised.
  • Addick05 i know exactly how you are feeling many of us feel just like you do.
    I can't see myself renewing until Roland fucks off.
    In the meantime keep the faith and let's hope we can all come back sooner rather than later.
  • Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i think regardless of how you feel, you should still make an effort to go to the last game for the protests. One last chance this season to show them how we feel.

A few years ago there would have been no question but this year, well I suppose I have a choice; a week in a great hotel in sun-drenched Las Vegas putting this awful season behind me- or an afternoon watching two poor excuses for football teams (us and Swindon). . .. now let me think, no, let me throw it open, where would you choose to be?!

• Will try to stell myself to see the last game , feel like many others does not seem my club,and from what I read most of the players don't care.
    What a shambles they have made of our club.
  • Losing the Conference South playoff final will be the final straw for me.
  • addick05 said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i think regardless of how you feel, you should still make an effort to go to the last game for the protests. One last chance this season to show them how we feel.

A few years ago there would have been no question but this year, well I suppose I have a choice; a week in a great hotel in sun-drenched Las Vegas putting this awful season behind me- or an afternoon watching two poor excuses for football teams (us and Swindon). . .. now let me think, no, let me throw it open, where would you choose to be?!

See you in the bugle then.
  • I think you would have to be on the bugle to enjoy it at the moment...
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

Losing the Conference South playoff final will be the final straw for me.

Lol. You think we'd make the play-offs. Some people need medication!