Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Truck crash in Stockholm

Comments

• Cowardly bastards
  • edited April 2017
    As someone said after Westminster... This sort of attack is going to become rather common (or more popular for I should say) as its going to be so much easier to get into a car (even just hiring one) and drive it into a busy pedestrian area rather than making a bomb

RIP to the victims though.
  • edited April 2017
    Swedish police report people are hearing gunshots at a metro station right now too.

• edited April 2017

As someone said after Westminster... This sort of attack is going to become rather common (or more popular for I should say) as its going to be so much easier to get into a car (even just hiring one) and drive it into a busy pedestrian area rather than making a bomb

RIP to the victims though.

I thought it after it happened in France on Bastille day last year. Seemed a pretty easy way and in this case he didn't even need to hire the truck. Apparently stole it from a brewery depot. Edit: actually it was delivering drinks and he jumped into the cab and drove off.
  • One person arrested. So far.
  • edited April 2017
    This terrorism stuff is really not slowing up. It's just downright depressing. Worst thing is they've found ways that are easier and easier to do damage.

With a 9 week old daughter it's terrifying how often this shit is happening now. (not saying it wasn't scary before but that little girl is my world, if anything were to happen to her I'd be broken).

R.I.P to all the victims.
  • Horrible, I know that street well, and sadly such an easy form of attack to do
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP to the victims
  • It's depressing. Just simply awful.

It looks like a really tough task to stop these kind of brutal attacks.

It's simply the worst thing in the world. People just killing people. Innocent people that don't know they are coming.

Donald Trump, just under a month ago appeared to have randomly suggested Sweden had a terrorist problem.

Everyone was surprised by the accusation at that time. It didn't make sense.
    People took the piss out of him like he was deluded and there was something just really thick and stupid about him.

Donald Trump needs to be fully openly questioned about what he did know and what he didn't know. No secrets. He needs to lay everything on the table with that one.
    Exactly what he did, and did not know. Everything.

He needs to be taken to the wire on that one.

Call me a wanker. Fine. I am neither a liberal person or a conservative person. I am proud of that stance.
    So there is no bias from me either way.

It's just, something really stinks about this in my opinion.

It's a hunch. Without any evidence. Just a bad feeling I have.

Do not ask me what I'm alluding to as I don't want to actually say it.

I just hope I am very very wrong and I hope I'm being a complete idiot for such a thought even crossing my mind.

He's a dangerous man. With very limited compassion.
    That is my opinion.

• Having just watched the video again of trumps speech.

I take back my comments ^.

Rightfully so.
  • A hard line approach is required.
    This includes having to take a hard look at human rights issues
  • Firstly RIP to those who have died and sympathy to all the other victims.

But the last thing that should happen as a result of terror attacks is to abandon Western liberal values. If we decide that others do not deserve the rights and responsibilities that we may or may not cherish for ourselves, we make it easier for evil people to twist the minds of others to make such attacks more common. And, no less important, we diminish ourselves and our society.

As an aside, I have enough paranoia in me to worry where a hard look at human rights issues would end up.
  • RIP to all the victims.
  • Dave2l said:

It's depressing. Just simply awful.

It's simply the worst thing in the world. People just killing people. Innocent people that don't know they are coming.

Donald Trump, just under a month ago appeared to have randomly suggested Sweden had a terrorist problem.

People took the piss out of him like he was deluded and there was something just really thick and stupid about him.

Donald Trump needs to be fully openly questioned about what he did know and what he didn't know. No secrets. He needs to lay everything on the table with that one.

Call me a wanker. Fine. I am neither a liberal person or a conservative person. I am proud of that stance.

I just hope I am very very wrong and I hope I'm being a complete idiot for such a thought even crossing my mind.

That is my opinion.

It would take an enormous leap of logic to link Donald Trump with what happened today in Stockholm. Is that what you're suggesting?
  • Chizz said:

Dave2l said:

That is my opinion.

It would take an enormous leap of logic to link Donald Trump with what happened today in Stockholm. Is that what you're suggesting?
    A professional psychologist (friend) said this to me a while ago. I won't mention the exact day and particular incident he mentioned this idea. He did say it on a whim.
    I completely poo pooed it as nonsense.
    As you would.

It's fair to say, it did get me thinking.

I have since gone back on that thought. It just left a taste of circumstance and linked an ugly picture in my brain.

I was wrong.

What I've just said here is factually accurate.
  • Dave2l said:

Chizz said:

Dave2l said:

That is my opinion.

A professional psychologist (friend) said this to me a while ago. I won't mention the exact day and particular incident he mentioned this idea. He did say it on a whim.
    I completely poo pooed it as nonsense.
    As you would.

It's fair to say, it did get me thinking.

I have since gone back on that thought. It just left a taste of circumstance and linked an ugly picture in my brain.

I was wrong.

What I've just said here is factually accurate.
    You haven't actually said anything, Dave. What was it that your psychologist friend said to you? (And how much did h charge?)
  • I didn't ask, but I believe, well what I assumed what could be the only reason possible for a person like that to be involved in an incident like this.

It creates fear. It supports his limited immigration stance. It makes it look like he knows what he's talking about. It supports him.

That is a false claim and accusation.

Like most other conspiricies. Got me thinking though. Yes.

Guilty of that and I alologise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

I didn't ask, but I believe, well what I assumed what could be the only reason possible for a person like that to be involved in an incident like this.

It creates fear. It supports his limited immigration stance. It makes it look like he knows what he's talking about. It supports him.

That is a false claim and accusation.

Like most other conspiricies. Got me thinking though. Yes.

Guilty of that and I alologise.

No need to apologise. Because I haven't followed anything youve said so far.
  • An exchange of text messages. His professional opinion is that Trump is a sociopath, potentially capable of a thing like that. He's very dangerous. Was the message.

I do believe it was said on a whim at that current stage.

Can't really say more then that.

• Not a patient of he's.
  • I think I get what you mean but i don't believe it's the case. Though i wouldn't completey be surprised if that did happen.
  • Sweden's immigration policy outstanding .
  • Terrible news so soon after Westminster terrorist attack, someone has to stop them doing this! I know very well it's very very hard to stop these vile cowards doing such an act near impossible unless police stop the the attacks before they happen, which they have done over the years! It's so heartbreaking when it happens, RIP to all the poor victims and best wishes to those injured or affected by this horrible attack! .
  • Dave2l said:

Not a patient of he's.

Not a patient of HIS !
  • Dave2l said:

Not a patient of he's.

Not a patient of HIS !
    You as well?