Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Agents Fees Feb 2016 - Jan 2017

Comments

• Haha. Money well spent eh?
    We could have bought another Ajose with that.
  • Reminded of this via twitter...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29130982

After tightening the club's financial belt, she says she was "amazed" at some of the commission demands then made to the clubs by players' agents - demands which, in her words, "did not make sense".
    "I feel there are far too many agents who get far too much money for what they do," she says, adding that loaning players from Mr Duchatelet's other clubs is a way to avoid excessive agent fees on transfers.

Charlton, or the Addicks to their fans, currently sit sixth in the Championship, in a promotion play-off place.
    But unlike some other clubs who have broken the bank to get into the Premier League, she advocates "sensible spending".
    "The most important thing is stability and for Charlton fans to know that their team is going to be there playing at the Valley every two weeks," says Ms Meire.
  • That chant at referees of "you don't know what you're doing" seems unfair when you compare it to the incompetence of this lot.
  • But Roland doesn't like dealing with agents!!!
  • So Charlton and MK Dons the two highest spenders on agents.

Trying to find a connection but just can't put my finger on one.

To be fair there isn't one considering the time period for the fees is there?
  • WTF I thought part of the problem with our recruitment was that Roland wouldn't pay agents so we were missing out on decent players?

Turns out even that's a load of rubbish.
  • If this is more money RD is losing then i couldn't care less.

Who the fuck have we bought that would command big agents fees though?
  • Sponsored links:

• Compared to the championship clubs....image
  • and remember folks....it's daisy that negotiates these deals..!!

I think they both have/had a manager with a part ownership share in a football agency business. Not that these things will be related.
  • WSS said:

So Charlton and MK Dons the two highest spenders on agents.

To be fair there isn't one considering the time period for the fees is there?
    Up to 31 January 2017

Who was our manager in that window?

Dodgy scouser?
  • Could some of these fees have been paid to agents of players who have moved on ?
  • This club is an absolute shitshow
  • Could some of these fees have been paid to agents of players who have moved on ?

More than likely
  • I'd imagine a lot of those fees are from the late spending in Jan (I doubt agents are paid the second a deal goes through) and the Summer
  • Did Oldham have a transfer embargo or something? They spent less on agents in a year than i did on nights out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Huddersfield spent 80k more than us!
  • Huddersfield spent 80k more than us!

We probably paid all the agent fees for the Holmes-Dennis move.
  • It really is tradegy/comedy/farce how RD and Km operate

Now of course if you wanted to get the best value out of your service providers (which agents are to football clubs) , the last thing you do is come out and belittle them in public. You play them off against each other, leverage your own sophistication and knowledge and extricate best value.

All goes to show that RD has rubbed the wrong people up the wrong way with his "outsider" view of how he knows best about the world

Also goes to show what a silly little muppet KM is. She is to football contract transactions what the Americans are to buying bridges in London.
  • edited April 2017
    Could some of that money have been paid to an agent for finding (for example) Lookman a new club?
  • cafc999 said:

Compared to the championship clubs....image

£42m for making a few phone calls.

• In American sports, all agents fees come from the player's salary. Why Europe has not figured out this easy solution is simply beyond me.

Not too sure if it is actually that simple.

All that would happen there is that the salaries would go up in proportion to the agent fee, assuming supply and demand for the players remained the same.

Its quite common in other forms of principal and agent for the principal to pass on the agent's costs to the buyer or provider, take insurance as an example.
  • In American sports, all agents fees come from the player's salary. Why Europe has not figured out this easy solution is simply beyond me.

Not too sure if it is actually that simple.

All that would happen there is that the salaries would go up in proportion to the agent fee, assuming supply and demand for the players remained the same.

Its quite common in other forms of principal and agent for the principal to pass on the agent's costs to the buyer or provider, take insurance as an example.
    Yes, I agree it would just result in all the saved money going to players. The money would not flow to the club. It never does.

But I would rather pay that money to those on the field than the leeches who promote them, even if it all ends up in the wash.

• Worth every penny.