Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESSEX CCC - 2017 season

Thought I would start a thread for @McBobbin and @oohaahmortimer (who loves going to Chelmsford and cheering eeeeeaaaaagles)

Opening game in top flight at home to Lancs.
Cook not fit to play for Essex with hip injury.

Good luck Jamie Porter on your Div One debut.

Comments

• Essex v Lancashire - Lancashire win the toss and bat
  • get in Jamie

Porter to Davies, OUT
    AL Davies c †Wheater b Porter 5
  • Fear your going to be a little on your own in this thread mate. Just a shame you don't support a proper cricket team.

I do like Jamie Porter. Think he's a very good player. Hope he does well!
  • I am only on here out of duty.

The mighty Kent is the main thread.
  • Yer man knocks over the Best Player In Cricket History
  • MrOneLung said:

I am only on here out of duty.

The mighty Kent is the main division 2 thread.

Corrected for you.
  • Dont you Essex mob forget, you pay to come into Kent e and then you pay again to say thank you on the way out.
  • Ah yes, I'll be posting here
    Was at peppa pig world today, so haven't been following. Go Jamie!
  • Essex bowl out Lancashire for 319, and are 39/2 with one wicket being the nightwatchman.

It's going to be a tough season but a good start
  • Westley and Lawrence both passed 50. Need to bat out two more sessions to avoid defeat, but the pitch is looking dead, so it hangs in the balance! Lancs by far the better team, but avoiding defeat would be a big psychological boost to Esex
  • Sponsored links:

• And we draw! Quality from Dan Lawrence. Future England batsman.
  • McBobbin said:

And we draw! Quality from Dan Lawrence. Future England batsman.

great knock by the 19 year old, Jimmy Anderson 0-55 in 24 overs...
  • Great innings.
  • McBobbin said:

And we draw! Quality from Dan Lawrence. Future England batsman.

great knock by the 19 year old, Jimmy Anderson 0-55 in 24 overs...
    Good. I realise he's England's best bowler of the last decade, but there is something about Anderson I just can't stand
  • Great result fror Essex.
    They showed some real character to deny Lancashire.
  • As an Essex boy by birth, I never forget Essex can always snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • Away to zummerzet and after losing the toss Somerset elected to bat and Essex have bowled out the home team for 209.

Captain Cook is opening for Essex.
  • Five wickets to spin and two to mid paced trundling on the first day. Is the wicket like the valley carpark?
  • Essex currently 113/7. If we don't sort out batting out we are going straight down. Cook got a 50, nothing from anyone else really.
  • Chase going nicely.
    157-1 chasing 255.
    Can't help feeling one wicket will bring another 3 or 4 then it'll be nail biting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing to fear. Cook went out with 110, but Westley and Lawrence wrapped up the match. Cook surely MOM but well done to Neil Wagner for his 6fer in Somerset's second innings.

Shame we couldn't bat like that in the first innings and get some batting points, but I'll take a win all day. That's a win and a draw where we put ourselves into positions where we could easily have lost. Lots to work on, but we may even stay up at this rate
  • Great result for Essex.

Didn't look good for them after the first innings.
  • Middlesex currently 128-0

Essex elected to bowl....
  • I guess we like batting last! Middlesex look like they are racking up a massive total
  • And guess what? Essex have clung on for the draw again, and even managed a couple of batting points. Long season ahead, and we probably lack a wicket taker or two (no disrespect to Jamie) but whisper it, we may not be going straight down
  • Another unlikely loss avoidance!!!
    Middlesex must be regretting going back into bat.

Sounded like a dead wicket the first two days and a couple of dodgy decisions against the Essex batsmen too.
    Hopefully Jamie will get bit more luck with the ball when championship games recommence.
  • MrOneLung said:

Another unlikely loss avoidance!!!
    Middlesex must be regretting going back into bat.

Sounded like a dead wicket the first two days and a couple of dodgy decisions against the Essex batsmen too.
    Hopefully Jamie will get bit more luck with the ball when championship games recommence.

He's a very good bowler
    Btw, what does he think about bowling with Mohammed Amir later this season?
  • Surrey fans take a lot of stick know here and regularly get called Palarse fans. There is however I only one team that chant 'Eagles Eagles' during there matches.

From here on anyone who contributes to this thread is a Nigel! ;)
  • Surrey fans take a lot of stick know here and regularly get called Palarse fans. There is however I only one team that chant 'Eagles Eagles' during there matches.

From here on anyone who contributes to this thread is a Nigel! ;)

You can call me most things but please don't call me a Nigel.

I cannot stand the stripey bastards.