Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham. Do I or don't I?

After reading of last night's dire display, I really don't know whether to make the effort to get to the one game I can make on my visit to London commencing next week.

I've always made a game during any visit back home during the season and I actually have a 100% record this year: one game, one win.

But with the lack of atmosphere, lack of commitment from many of the players, a manager I can't warm to, poor team performances, a reluctance to support a hated regime and a three quid admin fee that I'd refuse to pay out of principle for turning up on the day, the cons outnumber the pros.

Someone else posted something similar a couple of weeks back and he was very much encouraged to turn up but after the last few results has the worm turned? Will I be advised to sit with my feet up scoffing Easter Eggs in readiness for a trip to the theatre later that evening?

Comments

• Only go to game if you like pain, because that's all there is at The Valley these days.

Don't give your money to Roland.
  • I am in the US so can't say, but to me, having bodies in the stand could be the difference between relegation or not. If I was in the area, I would attend all the final matches. RD is on his way out either way, I think, and staying in L1 is a big deal. If he stays, people can boycott all they want next year. Just my thoughts.
  • I posted the same sentiments BA, and went along last night. 2 words for you fella, Don't bother!!!
  • The only time that bodies in the stand seem to make a difference is when there is a big protest going on. The players appear to respond for some reason. Other than that they don't give a toss.
    A few different bodies on the team sheet or the subs bench might have made a difference but we are Charlton and we no longer believe in having a proper squad of players.
  • last night the players had to turn out and win for a lifelong fan that had been brutally murdered doing his job and they couldn't even turn up for that, Kr said after the game the performance wasn't good enough, but keep repeating doesn't help us.

• I've always made a game during any visit back home during the season and I actually have a 100% record this year: one game, one win.

No brainer: with your 100% record you've got to come.

It's our only chance to avoid relegation.

• My final game of the season will be Swindon and that's only because there's a planned protest
  • That may be the game that decides which of the two teams go down.
  • I live in Medway, so lucky heather is on tap!(she's a busy girl...)
  • You know this will be the game where we take someone to the cleaners.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Landing at Heathrow at 7.30 after 27 hours travelling. Will be there but really would like to miss it. Will do if we win next two games.
  • 1StevieG said:

You know this will be the game where we take someone to the cleaners.....

Yeah, Robinson smuggled out in the laundry basket!
  • 1StevieG said:

You know this will be the game where we take someone to the cleaners.....

Charlton Athletic, the club so generous that they'll give you 3 points and may even wash your kit for you afterwards...
  • Landing at Heathrow at 7.30 after 27 hours travelling. Will be there but really would like to miss it. Will do if we win next two games.

I'm leaving Jakarta this evening and back at Heathrow early tomorrow morning. However I don't intend to go to the Valley. Going to give this one a miss.
  • It could be an "I was there moment" when we clinch league one survival with a 0-0 draw at home to the mighty Gills in front of 4,000 (official attendance 14,259)
  • Do, Gillingham are actually worse than us so you'll probably see a win
  • If you have nothing better to do go, fills up the day :)
  • DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I'd rather s*** in my hands and clap than go anywhere near that place at the moment.

Even sadder, I am doing the upbeats walk tomorrow, but I won't be taking up the option of a cheap ticket, and even though I know it's probably cutting my nose off to spite my face, and it's probably CACT funded, I really don't want their hospitality or hot food etc in crossbars, don't think I could literally stomach it. Finishing the walk then going home to a family kids birthday party, a much better time will be had.
    Nothing sad about that at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

DA9 said:

I'd rather s*** in my hands and clap than go anywhere near that place at the moment.

Even sadder, I am doing the upbeats walk tomorrow, but I won't be taking up the option of a cheap ticket, and even though I know it's probably cutting my nose off to spite my face, and it's probably CACT funded, I really don't want their hospitality or hot food etc in crossbars, don't think I could literally stomach it. Finishing the walk then going home to a family kids birthday party, a much better time will be had.
    I'm doing the same - Upbeats walk and then pub/home. Feel like I don't belong anywhere behind the scenes with The Regime and their sympathisers like Perks and Squires.
  • _MrDick said:

My final game of the season will be Swindon and that's only because there's a planned protest

and the fact that it's our final game of the season
  • You must be joking. Would rather watch paint dry.
  • edited April 2017
    Decision made. I will be going on Easter Monday as I have no other plans that day.

I've just been on the ticketing website and I have never seen so may ticket categories. What are they trying to do? 17 different areas/prices each with 6 pricing categories according to age and status. I really don't know why they don't just have a single price in view of the anticipated crowds.

I'll probably book the cheapest West Stand seat and then take my choice of any of the hundreds of empty seats in the better areas!
  • I would rather slide down a rusty razor blade using my balls as brakes.
  • I'm not. But am doing Swindon. It'll either be a protest or party. Depends what happens in the meantime