Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Master chef tonight.

Greg - you sound like a Londoner. Where are you from?

Contestant - Woolwich.

Greg - Millwall fan?

Contestant - I'm not really into football.

Greg - oh, what are you cooking for us tonight?

He should have said - oh, you're a Charlton fan then. But he missed a wide open goal.

Comments

• Ha ha yeah I thought that. Would have thought he would have asked if he was Charlton being from Woolwich
  • Words cannot express how much contempt I have for that idiot

Greg or contestant?
  • Greg.

I think you're alright @iainment, what you talking about
  • Greg.

I think you're alright @iainment, what you talking about

It was a joke. ;-)
  • Yep, saw that and mentioned it to the wife.

Thinking about complaining to the BBC.
  • I'd have thought Arsenal would have been the obvious team to ask about.

Exactly. If he was from east London/ docklands the Millwall question would have been more sensible. When he said he was a south east Londoner Charlton or Arsenal were the likely answer. ;-)
  • Macronate said:

Yep, saw that and mentioned it to the wife.

Thinking about complaining to the BBC.

I can guide you through that minefield

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/contact_us/making_a_complaint.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly aside, British Masterchef is complete rubbish compared to Australian Masterchef and Maserchef USA.

Thanks to my wife, I dont think I've watched much else over the last 3 years :(

Exactly. If he was from east London/ docklands the Millwall question would have been more sensible. When he said he was a south east Londoner Charlton or Arsenal were the likely answer. ;-)
    Don't forget Palace :wink:
  • iainment said:

Contestant - Woolwich.

Greg - Millwall fan?

He should have said - oh, you're a Charlton fan then. But he missed a wide open goal.

For info. Contestant , Steve is a bloody culinary genius. And the fella from Woolwich has only gone and got himself into tonights final!
    Been the best series yet for quality of the contestants,but I think Steve might just walk away with it.
  • iainment said:

Contestant - Woolwich.

Greg - Millwall fan?

For info. Contestant , Steve is a bloody culinary genius. And the fella from Woolwich has only gone and got himself into tonights final!
    Been the best series yet for quality of the contestants,but I think Steve might just walk away with it.
    You may have a point about the quality of contestants but I think that's actually been to show's detriment. In the early days they'd come into round 1 cooking bangers and mash and by the final they be serving up chicken poached in a sense of its own pretentiousness. They'd go from being an above average home cooks to meat Michelin star stuff.

These days they are cooking in water baths and doing spherification and all sorts of self satisfied nonsense from round one. They go from amazing chefs to slightly more amazing chefs. There is no narrative arc anymore.
  • edited May 2017
    Really like Steve. Does anyone on here know him?
  • Bye Alison. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Cmon Steve!
  • I liked Alison. I could have an orgasm just by listening to that lovely lilting Irish accent. She also was beautiful which was a bonus.
  • I have a bit of a thing for Giovanna. Think she is gorgeous!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a bit of a thing for Giovanna. Think she is gorgeous!

She's got a bit of Ruth Wilson about her.
  • dickplumb said:

I liked Alison. I could have an orgasm just by listening to that lovely lilting Irish accent. She also was beautiful which was a bonus.

Yeah, she was gorgeous and I could listen to that accent all daynight! Plus she'd cook up a great brekkie in the morning. Bonus!

• Really like Steve. Does anyone on here know him?

Me too. He looks very familiar though so must have seen him out and about scrambling to get on a bus. Here's hoping he opens a place in Woolwich, he just said on Twitter it needs it.

• I agree on that but she has branched out a couple of times lately and has been annoyingly good. Still think Steve will win though.
  • I went right off her when she called Steve 'mate' in that Holby round.
    C'mon Steve!!!!
  • Disappointed that Alison went. I think the final four contestants were all excellent but she was probably the most original and innovative. When you see the contestants cooking with/for the professional chefs like Sat Bains a great deal of the "wow factor" comes from the design of the dish. I think, of the final four, Alison had the most potential to design great dishes and menus rather than just cook other people's ideas.

But really like Steve too and hope he wins it now.
  • Well Steve was second. Which looked about right to me.
    All three of them looked awesome cooks.
  • Saliha deserved it I think. It was a cookery contest, not a personality contest. She was just that little bit better than the other two. Three great finalists.
  • Wait, I haven't seen it, Saliha won?