Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Masters 2017

Starts Thursday.

Hard to look past Dustin Johnson. His form going into it is superb.

Jon Rahm in his first Masters maybe a good each way bet. He looks the real deal.

Rory still needs The Masters for a career slam but I am not convinced it will be this year. Would love to be proved wrong.

Comments

• absolutely love this week, agree with your post re: DJ

was watching last night, those kids smashing it over 200 yards !
  • A couple of each-way nibbles on Schwartzel (80/1) and Reed (90/1).

Main bet Adam Scott each-way (40/1).
  • I have lots of man-love for Rahm but a top 10 would be a good result for his first Masters.

I've gone E/W on Casey, Oosthuizen, Snedeker, Grace and Rose.
  • Russell Henley in fine form winnng last week and a great putter which I think is invaluable in Augusta along with Speith who has a fantastic record here.

Horses for courses I'd go with Matsuyama and highest Brit will have Casey
  • Backing Rory.
  • Westwood & Kutcher e/w at big prices.
  • fowler and rahm both ew.
  • Stenson top European
  • Justin Thomas is the man this year.
  • Justin Thomas for me
    Kisner e/w
  • Sponsored links:

• If Speith can get over the emotional turmoil from last year, then it would be crazy not to back him considering he has gone 2nd, 1st and 2nd in 3 years.

Outside of him trendy bets would be Matsuyama or mickleson.

The course doesn't really suit a fader of the ball so I would discount kaymer on that basis.

I do like Rahm, he has the game but I am going to go for an outside bet on Casey
  • I love this tournament. My choices are:

McIlroy
    Thomas
    Haas
  • Worth checking each way terms. Wide range of terms from different bookies.
    Some offering up to 8 places, others only first 4
    Some offering 1/4 of the price, others paying a fifth
  • Rorys got the game to beat DJ,just depends if he brings it. A bit suspect on the putting green for me
  • masicat said:

Justin Thomas is the man this year.

Gone off the boil recently. Same Matsuyama after a top start to the year.
  • edited April 2017
    Although Dustin Johnson looks a good bet, recently it has been a non-favourite who wins - not a total outsider but just someone from the pack.

I'd love it to be Rory, but he has collapsed before around Augusta. Wouldn't put any money on Westwood - cant putt under pressure.
  • Done Spieth to win, Rahm, Leishman & Zach Johnson ew. Wouldn't surprise me if 1 or 2 of our young talented players like Hatton, Fitzpatrick or Fleetwood do well.
  • bobmunro said:

A couple of each-way nibbles on Schwartzel (80/1) and Reed (90/1).

Main bet Adam Scott each-way (40/1).

2 good picks at good prices, I have done Reed e/w .. Schwartzel ? .. he's won it once, can't really see it happening again
  • Stenson, Rose, Reed all good ew bets
  • Dustin Johnson has hurt himself today, falling down some stairs. He only "might" play tomorrow as he has bad back pain.

Even if he does he won't be 100% I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• No expert but assuming soft greens tomorrow so I'm guessing this will suits those with a higher ball flight.

Saw an interview with Scott and he said his money would be on Rory although I'd love Westwood to do it.
  • Day 1 to suffer from 40mph winds apparently
  • dustin johnson injures back could withdraw
  • Stenson
    Rahm
    Kisner
  • Dont really bet on Golf normally:
    £5 EW Casey 40/1 - If he plays well he should be in top 7
    £2.50 on Rahm first round leader @ 28/1

Reckon could all go out the window first round now will be difficult, luck of the draw with the weather
  • If DJ withdraws before hitting a ball, does his place get by someone else?
  • apparently not.
  • Dustin Johnson pulled out on first tee, bit shit for his playing partner if he has to go round on his own or is it a 3 ball today?
  • edited April 2017

Dustin Johnson pulled out on first tee, bit shit for his playing partner if he has to go round on his own or is it a 3 ball today?

3 ball.

Then at the weekend the local legend & cult hero Jeff Knox joins any odd man out (and beats them).
  • RedPanda said:

Dustin Johnson pulled out on first tee, bit shit for his playing partner if he has to go round on his own or is it a 3 ball today?

3 ball.

Then at the weekend the local legend & cult hero Jeff Knox joins any odd man out (and beats them).
    Haha that's awesome, just had to look him up and read his game with Rory