Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTE

Comments

• If the club try to run one, we have to agree on it going to Lookman or Ajose though.
  • If the club try to run one, we have to agree on it going to Lookman or Ajose though.

surely Ba or Saar or someone of that ilk
  • Holmes for me

The key is, we all need to agree on who it is and vote for them. The mere threat will mean the club doesn't touch this with a barge pole :)
  • Tempted to give it to Holmes, but I went heart over head and voted for Skip
  • The choice would have been much easier if RD and his circus hadn't rolled into town

• Voted Holmes but my finger was hovering over Jacko for a while.

The key is, we all need to agree on who it is and vote for them. The mere threat will mean the club doesn't touch this with a barge pole :)
    @MuttleyCAFC there is no vote by the club.

This is the only POTY vote
  • Sponsored links:

• Jackson or Holmes.
  • I have voted for Holmes. He's a bit like Ben Kingsley, when he's good he's very good but when he's bad he's Ghandi.....
  • I get the JJ protest vote and I was tempted but I voted for Ricky in the end as from the few games I've been to he has been a genuine bright spark amongst the chuff.

Not a protest vote in any way. It's simply a thank you for his years of service. It will probably be the last season he is really involved or plays regularly and it's right we show our respect for him. In my view he deserves it as much as anyone else this year for his commitment, the number of different roles he's been asked to play and the way he has chipped in with goals and kept performances just when needed. Like our most recent win when he hadn't played for ages. His leadership on the pitch was the difference in my opinion.

The man's held this club together and in my view deserves to be on the honours board.
    This.

As good as Holmes has been I reckon he'll be off to Sheff Utd in the summer.

Would be great to have JJ listed as a recipient of the award after his contribution to the club through this challenging period
  • Holmes is where the heart is.
  • Went Jacko but could easily have gone Holmes for all the reasons stated on here
  • edited April 2017
    Stig said:

I've only seen a handful of games, but from those and from what I've read here I think it can only be Ricky Holmes can't it?

spot on he is well beyond any of the others, had we had him and Lookman in the side together...uninjured :lol: we'd have done far better this season in my opinion.

Imagine this side:

Rudd
    Pearce Bauer Texeira
    Solly------------Page
    Ulvestad
    Holmes---------Lookman
    Magennis Ajose

I genuinely believe that side would have done better than KR's sides.
  • Wouldn't it just be fitting if Jacko won this after announcing his retirement for the end of the season. And gives a passionate acceptance speech on the pitch before the last game of the season, which (along with the protests) gets the crowd going and he goes on the score the goals that keep us up!

Having said that I don't think he's retiring. I reckon he will be registered as player coach for another year and he will fill in when needed.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Stig said:

I've only seen a handful of games, but from those and from what I've read here I think it can only be Ricky Holmes can't it?

spot on he is well beyond any of the others, had we had him and Lookman in the side together...uninjured :lol: we'd have done far better this season in my opinion.

Imagine this side:

Rudd
    Pearce Bauer Texeira
    Solly------------Page
    Ulvestad
    Holmes---------Lookman
    Magennis Ajose

Wouldn't be hard
  • Dazzler21 said:

Stig said:

Imagine this side:

Rudd
    Pearce Bauer Texeira
    Solly------------Page
    Ulvestad
    Holmes---------Lookman
    Magennis Ajose

Holmes and Lookman in central midfield?
  • Sponsored links:

@MuttleyCAFC there is no vote by the club.

This is the only POTY vote
    think the clue is he started his post 'If'
  • edited April 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Stig said:

Imagine this side:

Rudd
    Bauer Pearce Texeira
    Solly------------Fox
    Ulvestad
    Holmes---------Lookman
    Magennis Ajose

Would have Fox over Page / Chicksen / Dasilva all day long.

He's far better than all of them (Dasilva will probably be better but doesnt have the experience at the moment) - Also Pearce like Teixeira is left footed (Hence why we wont see them in Defence together) so wouldnt have him on the right of the Defence
  • JJ all day long, man deserves a statue after the way he has conducted himself last 3 years, he's just about the last thing I'm clinging onto. I know this is 'Player' of the year but to me, at the moment, goes wider than ability and game time.
  • edited April 2017
    Scoham said:

Dazzler21 said:

Stig said:

Imagine this side:

Holmes and Lookman in central midfield?
    The spacing was meant to show them playing wider with Solly and Fox ( @ForeverAddickted 's suggestion) ahead of Pearce etc more alongside but wide of Ulvestadt.

Then play Magennis just behind Ajose.

Rudd
    Bauer Texeira Pearce
    Solly----Ulvestad----Fox
    Holmes------------Lookman
    Magennis
    Ajose

(it works on FM so must be true that it works :lol: )
  • Doesn't Driesen decide from his spreadsheet?

But in all seriousness... Got to be Jacko
  • These votes are often dictated by fans personal opinions on players that they have an emotional attachment to as opposed to players' performance on the pitch, see JBG coming third in 2015/16 despite providing the most assists in the whole division that year.

Holmes for me.
  • I voted Nugent.