Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lowest point ever?

Don't want to be over dramatic (and apologise if in the cold light of day that seems OTT) but that seems like a club in its nadir tonight.

Disaster of a first team, a manager who had no immediate personality impact on the squad, and four months down the line has had no tactical stamp on it. A CEO that is such a farce she has seemingly been barred from speaking in public, an owner with zero interest In the fabric of the club (or even watching it), and a chairman happy to go against the overwhelming majority of the fans to support these people.

I genuinely fear for the future of the club next season if they remain. 4,000 fans with the majority 55+ purely because they can't break the habit.

Genuinely lost for words on how our club is s in such a poor state. Those Kevin Nugent games will turn out being what kept us out of League Two next season. Farce.

Comments

• You still think were saying up? I reckon we are nailed on to go down. Can't see us picking up another point.
  • Nadir assumes that things won't get any worse. I fear that unless Two Shats goes, they will.

Let's hope that it really is the nadir and that we can start to rebuild under a new owner who is actually interested in competitive football.
  • Have to admit I felt exactly the same. Then I think that I've thought the same before but I guess the difference is I haven't been there to see a lot of it so there was that disconnect. Who knows how bad this will get. Relegation is a real possibility and seeing this club in league 2 with Roland still as owner really would be the lowest point.
  • Thoroughly depressing evening.......
  • Can't see us staying up. This team and manager doesn't have a win in them.

• edited April 2017
    Yes I think we are getting close to the lowest point ever. Not there yet though. That will come this season I'm sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lowest point, probably... but we've not yet hit the bottom. Not by a long shot.
  • Shooters, I'm genuinely lost for words mate. I feel genuinely heartbroken seeing what has become of this club
  • Yes, but don't worry 'cos they're learning from their mistakes. To paraphrase Robinson, he wanted a team that "played off the front foot" instead they play side-ways and backwards, but rarely off the front foot!
  • We have a fan murdered in the line of duty, and at the match where he was honoured, the owner still can't be nothered to come.

This....100%
  • And the sad thing is I sat there after breaking my boycott for the occasion and felt nothing - zilch. Left on 70 mins to drive back to Maidstone wondering why I bothered.

Despite our best efforts other results will just about keep us up and I'm actually a bit annoyed by that.
  • edited April 2017
    Each week will be lower than the last
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the lowest I've felt. Not my club any more. I took a long look before I left as I can't honestly say whether I'll be back or not. Horrible experience tonight. I've been through the anger and vitriol. It's now just an emptiness.
  • It's the lowest I've felt. Not my club any more. I took a long look before I left as I can't honestly say whether I'll be back or not. Horrible experience tonight. I've been through the anger and vitriol. It's now just an emptiness.

Feel the same.....
  • In answer to the title, yes this has to be our lowest point ever. If we go down will anyone want to buy us with RD probably still demanding the same inflated price?
  • edited April 2017
    So glad I stopped going to matches last season, initially as a boycott but now for my own mental health, feel for all of you who are still watching this misery of what they have done to our club.

Like everyone else, just praying we have a new owner in the next couple of months as I miss The Valley and miss the feeling of our results good or bad effecting my mood for that week.
  • Not sure about overall, but that performance away to Dagenham when we were in this division first time round was worse than the performance tonight. Just.
  • se9addick said:

Not sure about overall, but that performance away to Dagenham when we were in this division first time round was worse than the performance tonight. Just.

That was just a poor performance against a perceived lower club while we were in transition.

This has so much more wrapped alongside a poor performance

• Tonight is a new low. Not just in league position but in performance. I just want the season to finish and for us not to get relegated. Then? The mother of rebuilding jobs!