Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs MK Dons post match views

Comments

• Options

mogodon said:

A couple of Slade like draws are needed now but our current incumbent hasn't the tactical nous to recognise this, let alone implement it. Relegation fight is on now.

I am just astounded he somehow managed to get MK Dons promoted from this league. He seems utterly clueless as to what some of the basics of football involve.

Four of the remaining five games against sides beneath us should allow us to just about claw our way to safety, but I simply cannot see that this side - which will be the core of the 2017-18 squad - can lift us out of this division.
    I suspect the answer to how he got Milton Keynes promoted is Alli & Afobe.
    Do not forget Will Grigg
  • Options
    Will he do the honorable thing and resign, No is the likely answer. Give it to JJ and Jason, even though the thought of another sacking makes me feel sick, it's the only way we will have a chance if staying up
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Just sack him, give to euelly and Jacko - no one could do worse than this idiot

Good idea.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

A couple of Slade like draws are needed now but our current incumbent hasn't the tactical nous to recognise this, let alone implement it. Relegation fight is on now.

I am just astounded he somehow managed to get MK Dons promoted from this league. He seems utterly clueless as to what some of the basics of football involve.

Four of the remaining five games against sides beneath us should allow us to just about claw our way to safety, but I simply cannot see that this side - which will be the core of the 2017-18 squad - can lift us out of this division.
    Hang on - that's what will send us down.

We have no chance in a relegation dogfight versus another team battling for their lives.

We won't get another point. They will turn us over and outfight us.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

See the difference - http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2812&teamTabs=stats

Dele Alli for one. Then a 20 goal striker in Will Grigg. Decent scoring records from back up strikers in Afobe and Bowditch.

Does he know how to grind out results when you don't have many goals in the side? Slade was definitely over cautious at times but it's clear now why he didn't try to play an open, attacking games like KR has so often talked about.
  • Options
    He really is useless and most of the players are not far behind especially Watt and JFC
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    iamdan said:

My club is a shambles.

Again.

And probably not for the last time. It's what we're good at.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone any idea what Gobby's game plan was tonight? The man is just an annoying noise.
  • Options

Total free fall.

Nobody at the club cares, do they?

• Options
    Worst ever! Enough Said! My hope is we do not drop! Please!
  • Options

Football is a simple game to most people.
    Gobinson confuses his players with his silly formations.
    Just play a bog standard 4.4.2 that the players can understand you fat twat

Basically making up for lack of a credible playing career by trying to be clever....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was an absolute disgrace. Only player that came out with any credit was Holmes, everyone else hid from the ball and looked completely disinterested. How long before Robinson stops trying these silly formations and plays a 4-4-2? Worst I've seen us play.
  • Options

It really irks me that people are arguing that we should sack KR and bring in Euell and JJ. Not because I think KR deserves a chance but our issues go so so so much deeper than who is manager.

Why does anyone think that JJ, an outstanding bloke that he is, but a club captain who cannot get anyone to perform for him or the team is going to be able to turn a corner as manager/coach for us. I suggest you look at the poor recruitment of players since RD took over and then decide if you think anyone can sort that shower out first.

There was a reason Powell built a successful team. And it goes beyond stats.

Think most on here want euell and Jackson because it's the only chance (at the min) to get a bit of propper charlton spirit back into these players!
    As with Charlton history, what is lacked in ability and class is usually made up with Charlton spirit and effort - something we need!
  • Options
    Stig said:

I had a lovely evening. I cooked a nice meal and sat with Mrs Stig, drinking red wine. Didn't think about football once until about ten minutes ago.

Charlton under Duchatelet is no fun; can only imagine why people are still going.

I'm away with the family in the New Forest this week. Had a lovely Indian tonight then got back and saw the result. Feeling pleased with myself that I don't go and watch this shit any more then realised I have a ticket for the game on Saturday after the upbeats walk. Thankfully it's a freebie but seiously considering not bothering.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Total free fall.

Nobody at the club cares, do they?

Hopefully they see the writing on their walls more clearly than we can
  • Options

Stig said:

I had a lovely evening. I cooked a nice meal and sat with Mrs Stig, drinking red wine. Didn't think about football once until about ten minutes ago.

Charlton under Duchatelet is no fun; can only imagine why people are still going.

I'm away with the family in the New Forest this week. Had a lovely Indian tonight then got back and saw the result. Feeling pleased with myself that I don't go and watch this shit any more then realised I have a ticket for the game on Saturday after the upbeats walk. Thankfully it's a freebie but seiously considering not bothering.
    Agreed
  • Options

Stig said:

In the good old days we had beach balls, pigs and sing songs to take our mind off the football. And enough people in the ground that you didn't have to yell to speak to the person nearest to you.
  • Options

Stig said:

Why spoil your day?