Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CitizenAID app

App available on both IOS and android. Could be useful in the unfortunate times we find ourselves in these days. May well save a life:

First aid and immediate actions for a stabbing, bomb incident or mass shooting

We believe that being prepared really matters. Those first 5 minutes count, they make the difference, you make the difference.

citizen AID is a simple, clear teaching aid for Immediate Actions and First Aid for a stabbing, bomb incident or mass shooting

With the right skills and knowledge YOU can deliver care to yourself, your friends and family and to the stranger caught up in a disaster

Comments

• edited March 2017
    sam3110 said:

Dangerous

If you don't have adequate first aid training (and this app doesn't count isn't adequate) and you try to help someone, you may well do more damage than good, and are then able to be found liable for anything that happens to that person, which in extreme cases can lead to being sued, prosecuted or both

Incorrect. In this Country there has never been a prosecution or permission given to sue, if you are genuinely trying to save someones life in an emergency situation and are not a surgeon/Doctor etc. There are no laws or legal guidelines around unqualified people giving emergency first aid. As long as you were making a genuine attempt because you thought it was a matter of life or death then you are fine.
  • DRAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Dangerous

If you don't have adequate first aid training (and this app doesn't count isn't adequate) and you try to help someone, you may well do more damage than good, and are then able to be found liable for anything that happens to that person, which in extreme cases can lead to being sued, prosecuted or both

Incorrect. In this Country there is a defence in law if you are genuinely trying to save someones life in an emergency situation and are not a surgeon/Doctor etc. You cannot be sued if you make a genuine mistake.
    Bet there are more than a few Lawyers out there who'll happily represent you to try and find a loophole in that though
  • DRAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Dangerous

Incorrect. In this Country there is a defence in law if you are genuinely trying to save someones life in an emergency situation and are not a surgeon/Doctor etc. You cannot be sued if you make a genuine mistake.
    Bet there are more than a few Lawyers out there who'll happily represent you to try and find a loophole in that though
    It probably would have happened by now.
  • Personally I think it's a good idea.
  • edited March 2017
    My company has been using it since it was launched, I think most tour operators were asked to do so by the FCO. We do offer first aid courses to our guides but they all have this ap on their phones and we suggest to to clients when we send the joining instructions. Its mainly common sense but as the OP suggests that can be quite useful when something goes wrong.
  • sam3110 said:

Dangerous

Wrong. As others have said about good faith.

For info my company,which is a large multinational, with safety at the top of its target tree have endorsed this.
    They by no means would have endorsed it if they thought it was iffy.
  • I remember a few years back I had 1st aid training through work. The tutor stated that we should only help people at work and never help a member of the public as we could be sued. I challenged her on this by saying that as a human being I couldn't and wouldn't do that as it isn't morally right. She wasn't happy and basically called me foolish for having that attitude. I countered with so if your dear old mum or dad were having a heart attack you wouldn't won't anyone to assist them. Her answer, only if they were a qualified medical professional. I was gobsmacked and a few days after the course I was called in by head office as she has reported me for having a disruptive influence of the group. After explaining what had happened the company i worked for, to their credit, stopped using them as a provider for future courses. It was an experience however I will never forget
  • I remember a few years back I had 1st aid training through work. The tutor stated that we should only help people at work and never help a member of the public as we could be sued. I challenged her on this by saying that as a human being I couldn't and wouldn't do that as it isn't morally right. She wasn't happy and basically called me foolish for having that attitude. I countered with so if your dear old mum or dad were having a heart attack you wouldn't won't anyone to assist them. Her answer, only if they were a qualified medical professional. I was gobsmacked and a few days after the course I was called in by head office as she has reported me for having a disruptive influence of the group. After explaining what had happened the company i worked for, to their credit, stopped using them as a provider for future courses. It was an experience however I will never forget

No wonder your name is "Bigbad" :-)
  • Sponsored links:

I was told the same at BT years ago. We carried a first aid kit on our vans that could be offered to members of the public in an emergency, but we were on no account to administer that aid.

I think knowing BT the way I did, they were purely covering their own backsides. In other words the risk is purely yours and nothing to do with the company ... but they couldn't actually say that of course.