Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Puy Du Fou

Anyone been?

Is it as good as the interweb says or is it a load of poorly acting French milking tourists?

Comments

• Really want to take the kids when they are older - looks very good.
  • thought this was a network signing
  • Same to you buster!
  • Bless you.
  • You should be ashamed of yourself asking such a question on the day we trigger our release from Europe. :smile:
  • You should be ashamed of yourself asking such a question on the day we trigger our release from Europe. :smile:

Was thinking of buying it and producing some different historical shows.
  • I'm going end of May with friends who have been before. I also know someone who is a professional stage fighter and who has worked part of the summer at Puy du Fou as one of the hordes of battle reanactors.

Word from both my sources is that it's really worth the effort - so much so that we're off there ourselves.
  • I know several people who have been - they say it's fantastic.
  • Is that a water infection?
  • I really enjoyed Puy Du Fou. Been there twice now. Its not a theme park as such with rides etc, more a case of watching these shows depicting Roman Colosseum events and Viking battles and the likes, but the effects are really good and you can't easily say you are not entertained. The Birds of prey show is excellent. The staff around the park there don't speak much English from experience, so if you have issues with the electronic translators you will need to be clear what the problems are and go to the actual information offices. Mine didn't work all the time, but you still get the idea of whats happening in the shows. Some of the side shows don't or didn't have the ability for translations which was a little annoying

Its a good day out though. Definitely recommend it. But work out what you want to see before you go and if you can get between the shows in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do they re-enact Agincourt and Waterloo?
  • Do they re-enact Agincourt and Waterloo?

Or millwall away in the 70s