Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017-18 Season Tickets - East Stand Blocks Closing

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Have to laugh, Dennis rhommedahl is now considered a Charlton legend with his inclusion on the front cover of the brochure!
    Now he did score a winner against palace, but still... :lol:

Got the pack through today, ripped up and in the bin in a record 10 seconds flat!

you'll regret that when the take over is announced on 18th April
  • Options

Never got my renewal pack. Not going to, but would like to be asked.

You're on Mr Keohanes black list then it seems. Or they lost your address...
  • Options

Never got my renewal pack. Not going to, but would like to be asked.

You're on Mr Keohanes black list then it seems. Or they lost your address...
    Well, I got a renewal form : - )
  • Options
    They are offering 6months free access to Valley Pass, does anyone know what the the subscription will be? There are three ST holders in this household, we would all be subscribing to Valley Pass so the offer is devalued.
  • Options
    Apologies if someone else has already flagged this up.

1. I can't see anything on the website article, or on the Season Ticket FAQs list, which says how long my existing seat is reserved for? I would guess that I would lose it if not renewing by the early bird deadline on 30 April, but it's not clear.

2. This (from the printed brochure) reads to me like they are leaving themselves (or a New Owner) with the option/ability to increase prices after 30 April. "Buy yours by Sunday, April 30th to ensure you get your seat at the best possible value! In addition, this year if you purchase by April 30th you’ll automatically receive a free six-month subscription to our new premium video service from July 1st. Valley Pass will include live audio of Charlton games, exclusive video content and an extensive Charlton video archive."

Am I reading too much into it, or is this a prospective new owner keeping his options open to bump the prices up a bit if there's a sudden wave of enthusiasm following Roland's departure?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

1. I can't see anything on the website article, or on the Season Ticket FAQs list, which says how long my existing seat is reserved for? I would guess that I would lose it if not renewing by the early bird deadline on 30 April, but it's not clear.

2. This (from the printed brochure) reads to me like they are leaving themselves (or a New Owner) with the option/ability to increase prices after 30 April. "Buy yours by Sunday, April 30th to ensure you get your seat at the best possible value! In addition, this year if you purchase by April 30th you’ll automatically receive a free six-month subscription to our new premium video service from July 1st. Valley Pass will include live audio of Charlton games, exclusive video content and an extensive Charlton video archive."

Am I reading too much into it, or is this a prospective new owner keeping his options open to bump the prices up a bit if there's a sudden wave of enthusiasm following Roland's departure?

Yes I think you're reading too much into it.

In the absence of an 'early bird' ticket price "the best possible value" is just a PR way of saying you won't get the "free six-month subscription to our new premium video service" if you don't buy by April 30th.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Closing those blocks would save approx. £100 a match in stewards

Plus they'll close the toilets and food outlets that serve those blocks saving them staff costs, cleaning costs, etc.
    Still not a lot of money, but probably a 5 figure sum over the course of a season.
    There are no facilities they can close because of that pattern of isolated block closure. It is unclear that they can even shut any vomitories, and they have already dispensed with half the front exit gate stewards. My guess is they will be lucky to save £5k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder if this is Meire's fcuk you to a potential new owner, raise the ST prices so that any new owner is faced with lower figures than during her time so the quotes will be, crowds are down from when we were in charge so we were doing a good job?

Or maybe Meire is just clueless
  • Options

cafc999 said:

Closing those blocks would save approx. £100 a match in stewards

Plus they'll close the toilets and food outlets that serve those blocks saving them staff costs, cleaning costs, etc.
    Still not a lot of money, but probably a 5 figure sum over the course of a season.
    There are no facilities they can close because of that pattern of isolated block closure. It is unclear that they can even shut any vomitories, and they have already dispensed with half the front exit gate stewards. My guess is they will be lucky to save £5k.
    Wow I learnt a new word there. A vomitory sounds like a good place to go for those of us sick of the regime.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Just got my renewal letter the second paragraph reads:-

'Next season , a promotion push is the goal and we hope to have as many of you filing the stands at The Valley as possible'.

I thought this season was the promotion push?

Someone forgot to tell RD that to get promoted in the lower leagues takes about a £20 million loss per year to achieve, based on Watford, Bournemouth, and Brighton.

Guess he plans to be the first ever club to get promoted while being profitable and show everyone else how it is done.
  • Options
    Question.... why are lower seats in that section only £175 and the ones a level above them usually $275?
  • Options
    I didn't renew this season & I'm not going to renew until we get a new owner. I will go to most, if not all, the home games - mainly because my 13 year old son is addicted & relies on me to take him. I sit in the East Stand & looks like a season ticket in F Block will be £375 - which is almost £20 per match. I'm sure by buying tickets match by match, with the odd game for a fiver and by buying a ticket for a cheaper section, then I'm not going to lose out that much - I may even be up over the season.

I wouldn't sit in the North Stand, as I don't like being behind the goal - you don't go to the cinema or to the theatre and sit at 90 degrees, you sit in the middle (or close to it)
  • Options
    I'll be renewing, but I'll hold out as long as possible - I'm sure I'll get over missing out on a six month subscription to video highlights of us struggling to beat heavyweights like Northampton and Shrewsbury.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I'll be renewing, but I'll hold out as long as possible - I'm sure I'll get over missing out on a six month subscription to video highlights of us struggling to beat heavyweights like Northampton and Shrewsbury.

Optimist. We haven't mathematically got enough points to stay up yet.
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

The cheeky bastards are 'promoting' season tickets sales as 'Celebrating 25 Years back at the Valley'....

MrLargo said:

The seats are better value until 30th April because we will still definitely be in League 1. Come August, who knows? The seats will not be best value if we are in League 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn't renew this season & I'm not going to renew until we get a new owner. I will go to most, if not all, the home games - mainly because my 13 year old son is addicted & relies on me to take him. I sit in the East Stand & looks like a season ticket in F Block will be £375 - which is almost £20 per match. I'm sure by buying tickets match by match, with the odd game for a fiver and by buying a ticket for a cheaper section, then I'm not going to lose out that much - I may even be up over the season.

I wouldn't sit in the North Stand, as I don't like being behind the goal - you don't go to the cinema or to the theatre and sit at 90 degrees, you sit in the middle (or close to it)

Surely the dimensions of a football pitch mean that you are probably as far away from any action in front of the other stand for instance as we are from the other goal ?
  • Options
    I don't think so. Not unless the pitch was square.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Finally we have our very own on-demand video platform!

Staprix and Chill.

• Options

iaitch said:

Just got my renewal letter the second paragraph reads:-

'Next season , a promotion push is the goal and we hope to have as many of you filing the stands at The Valley as possible'.

I thought this season was the promotion push?

Someone forgot to tell RD that to get promoted in the lower leagues takes about a £20 million loss per year to achieve, based on Watford, Bournemouth, and Brighton.

Guess he plans to be the first ever club to get promoted while being profitable and show everyone else how it is done.
    As an aside I'm not sure it's exactly healthy or sustainable if you need to lose £20m a year to achieve promotion...

I can't say the video highlights are a great incentive to renew early, though with things being in limbo at the moment, there's probably less incentive for them to get ST revenue in early
  • Options
    How can they can justify charging £500 for a season ticket in League One, let alone the possibility that we could be in League Two?
  • Options
    out of a group of 11 of us that used to have season tickets i know only have 2 mates that go, there reason they go with there grandad and have done for many years which is fair enough.
  • Options

How can they can justify charging £500 for a season ticket in League One, let alone the possibility that we could be in League Two?

They can't and that's why the most inept CEO in the World will be looking to uncle Roland for a new job that she can cock up soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

They can't and that's why the most inept CEO in the World will be looking to uncle Roland for a new job that she can cock up soon.
    I'm not defending the club but I suspect that tickets don't get that much cheaper the further down the league you go. Aside from the odd club that is trying something new I suspect that £500 for the best view in the house is probably not too far off.

The difference is that nothing constitutes good value for money when those running the club don't, really, care about the results which is, let's face it, exactly what football is all about. Gillingham, for example, are charging £445 for their tickets, rising to £470 on 1st June and look at the $hit hole that they play in!
  • Options
    every football club in the country has the same flat rate overheads such at stewards and refreshment staff, as im sure stewards are pretty much minimum wage be it stamford bridge or glanford park, the emirates for example on a cat b league game ( palace ) would receive 2.7-3.2 million from ticket sales, there wages bill must be nearly that, other end of the scale welling united season ticket is £250.00