Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Breaking the boycott for MK in honour of fallen PC Keith Palmer

So there's a lot of talk on twitter about people making an effort, breaking boycotts etc to attend the Mk match on 4 April to pay their respects to the pc who was tragically killed in Wednesday's terror attack on Westminster. I couldn't see anything on here about it and wondered peoples' thoughts. Personally I am now considering going, to a game that wasn't on my radar before. Some things are bigger than football and shit owners. We're still allowed to chant Roland Out at the match right?

Comments

• Personally i can't go as I'll be in Gibraltar BUT i would have done just pay my respects.

Re. Roland out.
    I would say no, keep it free of any mention of him.
  • Personally i can't go as I'll be in Gibraltar BUT i would have done just pay my respects.

Re. Roland out.
    I would say no, keep it free of any mention of him.

I'm inclined to agree. I obviously live very far away, and go rarely, so feel free to take my thinking with a grain of salt. But whatever the club do next Saturday, it will be a day of remembrance and tribute. Were I going, it would be a day to put aside the comparatively small qualms we have with the regime because this week we have seen the death of a man trying to do the honorable job of protecting others, and someone who would try to tear our society apart. PC Palmer, quite literally in a sense, stood in his way.

Admittedly that's just my feeling, but to me the Roland Out chants don't really have a place in that atmosphere.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!