Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidayyyy - Recommendations

2»

Comments

• Options

Some people at work have mentioned Lloret de Mar(Near Barcelona) has anyone else been before?

i have had the misfortune of going twice (the first I was 18 and too young to know better the second time was a stag do for a close friend so I had little choice).

If your idea of heaven is Croydon, on a beach, full of northerners eating chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner then you will love it. I didn't !
    100 %This
  • Options

Some people at work have mentioned Lloret de Mar(Near Barcelona) has anyone else been before?

i have had the misfortune of going twice (the first I was 18 and too young to know better the second time was a stag do for a close friend so I had little choice).

If your idea of heaven is Croydon, on a beach, full of northerners eating chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner then you will love it. I didn't !
    Very well put
  • Options
    Being serious. Japan
  • Options
    I have a lawyer friend called Katy who says Dubai is a great place to go to escape, particularly when work gets a bit difficult.
  • Options
    Get back to Crete. Chania is fantastic; buzzing nightlife, Venetian feel and a world away from Malia. Best holiday I've had.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

The hire cost of parasols and sun loungers on the beach is absolutely outrageous, you could buy a pretty decent lounger for the price of a couple of days hire.....if you want to lie in the sun on the beach and sun bathe (as nice as it is) at the prices they charge you'd no doubt want to give it a miss and use your hotel facilities.
    Went recently on a reunion do.....town is nice enough, though way too touristy for my ageing tastes.
    Avoid the Guitart Hotel & Spa (yes, that is the correct spelling), at all costs, something of a dump to be honest!
    Would say about 5 days in Lloret, top whacks, is about right .....oh, and the place is banged out at weekends with day trippers and weekenders from Barcelona.
  • Options

Being serious. Japan

That's if you have a few thousand quid to spare!
  • Options

Get back to Crete. Chania is fantastic; buzzing nightlife, Venetian feel and a world away from Malia. Best holiday I've had.

& a short hop to the Samaria Gorge where a relaxing stroll awaits you :smile:
  • Options
    Mexico
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Haha i work in Croydon, no thank you. thanks for your response mate, defo will swerve it
  • Options
    Try Sitges near Barcelona.
  • Options
    Went to Lloret when I was about 19 or so and it was a bit of shithole then, went back 2 years ago for my stag do and it was a bigger shit hole. Does what it says on the tin for a stag do but I wouldn't have wanted to stay for a week

Go to the canary islands mate
  • Options
    Carter said:

Went to Lloret when I was about 19 or so and it was a bit of shithole then, went back 2 years ago for my stag do and it was a bigger shit hole. Does what it says on the tin for a stag do but I wouldn't have wanted to stay for a week

Go to the canary islands mate

Potentially, just trying to gather some troops at mo. Defo me and one mate, but others are more inclined to a boating (Norfolk Broads) weekend, will probably do both myself :)
  • Options

Laganas zante

Especially if you're still in 2006.
  • Options

Laganas zante

Especially if you're still in 2006.
    I went there in 1989 for my honeymoon it was nice and quiet then.
    A bit more lively now I'm led to believe