Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PC Keith Palmer.Remember him at the next home match.

A fellow Charlton fan who was brave enough to out his life on the line to save many and fight the war against terrorism should be given the hero's applause in which this man truly deserves.

I would urge every Charlton fan regardless of your feelings at this moment in time to appear at the game against MK Dons, applaud him, sing his name and wear the red and white of the team that he loved.

The hero who took on a knife wielding maniac unarmed deserves atleast this.

RIP our hero.

Comments

• I think that's a good call for those that are going. Is the club organising anything though?
  • if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.
  • HarryLime said:

if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.

I know emotions are running high at the moment, but his family need to be contacted about removing seats and now isn't the time.
    The club putting a scarf on his seat is in my opinion the most they do at the present moment.
    obviously the family would have to be consulted and currently isnt the time, was just a fitting tribute if his family were happy with that.
  • if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.

With this regime you can guarantee you'd still be able to purchase the seat for the next home game if they did this
  • edited March 2017
    It feels to me the club should consider naming the stand after him. Of course after full consultation with his family. I'm sure it would give them great pride and probably be a bigger honour and memorial to him than anything anybody else coud do. Of course it would be no less a tragedy if he supported Millwall or Palace, but he was one of us and being a fan means something to us and it would have done to him. We know what it means because we are fans.
  • After the appalling mix up with Graham Moore / Alan Campbell at least let someone who knows what they are doing handle any organisation of any tribute.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017
    bbob said:

dabos said:

if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.

With this regime you can guarantee you'd still be able to purchase the seat for the next home game if they did this
    Wow surely we can keep the anti regime rhetoric out of this thread?
    Very well said.

There is no reason to suspect that the SMT at the club will be anything other than aware of the sensitivities and the need to do whatever they do in a thoughtful and compassionate way.
  • A fellow Charlton fan who was brave enough to out his life on the line to save many and fight the war against terrorism should be given the hero's applause in which this man truly deserves.

I would urge every Charlton fan regardless of your feelings at this moment in time to appear at the game against MK Dons, applaud him, sing his name and wear the red and white of the team that he loved.

RIP our hero.

Unarmed ? Really ? Why would a Policeman in that position be unarmed, that is truly appalling if true. RIP
  • Apparently he was ex forces.
    The South Eastern rail bloke at Falconwood station served with him (northern/geordie bloke should you be wondering)
  • edited March 2017
    bbob said:

dabos said:

Wow surely we can keep the anti regime rhetoric out of this thread?
    To be fair, I notice that the op couldn't help using this terrible tragedy to have a surreptitious dig at the anti regime protesters, so that's just as crass and uncalled for.

But then again he's got form.
  • Anyone know what block he sat in?
  • DRAddick said:

A fellow Charlton fan who was brave enough to out his life on the line to save many and fight the war against terrorism should be given the hero's applause in which this man truly deserves.

RIP our hero.

Unarmed ? Really ? Why would a Policeman in that position be unarmed, that is truly appalling if true. RIP
    Because There are varying levels of roles at Westminster for the Police. Westminster is a very busy place which every day has public visitors including school children and the likes. Unarmed Police are best suited to be a first security contact with people and groups and of course tourists like this.
    There are always armed Police nearby. Whilst this event is tragic and no doubt will lead to reviews, it is not fundamentally wrong that there are unarmed Police around Westminster. In this instance, despite the tragedy, it can be argued that the system did what it was designed to do.
    He & a colleague were responsible for manning the gates for car access & egress. As first line of defence, & we are talking of protecting the countrys government, they should be armed. As for first security contact with groups & tourists that would be the guys patrolling out on the street armed with machine guns.
    In any case there has been a serious breach of security here & it shouldn't have happened.
  • JaShea99 said:

Anyone know what block he sat in?

Looks like East Stand Block C from the tweet from the club
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted I am on holiday for next two games as wanted to pay my respects to a hero.
  • DRAddick said:

RIP our hero.

Because There are varying levels of roles at Westminster for the Police. Westminster is a very busy place which every day has public visitors including school children and the likes. Unarmed Police are best suited to be a first security contact with people and groups and of course tourists like this.
    There are always armed Police nearby. Whilst this event is tragic and no doubt will lead to reviews, it is not fundamentally wrong that there are unarmed Police around Westminster. In this instance, despite the tragedy, it can be argued that the system did what it was designed to do.
    He & a colleague were responsible for manning the gates for car access & egress. As first line of defence, & we are talking of protecting the countrys government, they should be armed. As for first security contact with groups & tourists that would be the guys patrolling out on the street armed with machine guns.
    In any case there has been a serious breach of security here & it shouldn't have happened.
    I don't agree but not going into a long back and forth on this as it's not the time. It's probable my personal experience and perspective is different to yours on the subject.
  • The club should make the game a testimonial for Keith Palmer's family and donate all the gate proceeds including a share of the season ticket takings. RD's pockets are more than deep enough.
  • MKinpeace said:

The MK supporters are saddened by the news about Keith Palmer. Those of us who are travelling to the game on Tuesday wish to honour him, and I am certain that we will join with you in what ever way you chose to remember him.

We would like to add a scarf to show our solidarity with you against this disgusting act of terrorism. I guess that other teams to visit you will want to do something similar. It would be wrong to add it to the lone scarf on his seat, but will there be any other place where we can hang it?

I'm sure some organised aspects will evolve before next weeks game mate and things like this will become clearer
  • I wasn't going to go again this season, but I will attend this match out of respect for a true hero. I feel it is important to. I am insignificant, but I hope as many Charlton fans make the gesture and it will make it all the more significant. The game is unimportant, but It would be great if we could all put aside our differences with the club for this one game and celebrate as well as mourn one of our own.

Exactly how I feel. Only reason I'll be going is to pay my respects and join in with any pro PC Palmer activities.
  • edited March 2017
  • DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

RIP our hero.

I don't agree but not going into a long back and forth on this as it's not the time. It's probable my personal experience and perspective is different to yours on the subject.
    Quite agree, there's more I could have said but this certainly isn't the time or place.
  • I would like to urge everyone that possibly can to get down to the Valley against MK Dons to show their respect. Probably easier for me to say because I am not boycotting and own a season ticket. RIP PC Keith Palmer.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!