Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chief Scout Steve Head leaves Charlton.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/21205/exclusive-steve-head-leaves-role-charlton-chief-scout/

Apparently turfed out by Robbo.

Wasnt he hired in the summer before we even had a manager?

Comments

• I thought he left ages ago!
  • Tommy Dresden come on down!!
  • We can leave it all up to Dreissen now.
  • Didn't Slade consult his own contacts for scouting instead of Head because he thought the whole set up was a bit useless?
  • edited March 2017
    Let's be honest, Steve Head is more likely to have had some responsibility for the January signings than Driesen and it's generally agreed they were poor. (Many of last summers weren't great as well).
  • Robinson and Dreissen a dream partnership.
    With meire to guide them what could possibly go wrong

All 3 of them in their 30s and 20s

All behave like they are about 12
  • When I saw the headline on the londonnews site I was hoping this would be more evidence of an imminent sale, but it dont think this is....
  • Another triumph for Katrien, who appointed him. It was strongly rumoured that Slade wanted him out too.

More than strongly rumoured.

• Sponsored links:

• CAFCTrev said:

When I saw the headline on the londonnews site I was hoping this would be more evidence of an imminent sale, but it dont think this is....

You shouldn't stop doing all BAU, just because the club may be sold.
  • CAFCTrev said:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/21205/exclusive-steve-head-leaves-role-charlton-chief-scout/

Apparently turfed out by Robbo.

Wasnt he hired in the summer before we even had a manager?

I think Katrien interviewed him after the Times Business of Sport event, she was definitely on her way to interview for the post that afternoon.

Considering Wilder had turned down the role the previous week, he does indeed predate the appointment of Slade.
  • mogodon said:

On the plus side, Congo Chris is still in the set up so all is well ...

He's in charge of defensive play training, isn't he?

• Presumably they're got rid of head as RD/KM are confident they'll Ben here next season?
    Seeing as it's under Gobinsons wishes to do up the squad?
  • Oggy Red said:

mogodon said:

On the plus side, Congo Chris is still in the set up so all is well ...

He's in charge of defensive play training, isn't he?

Bibs and cones only.
  • sammy391 said:

Presumably they're got rid of head as RD/KM are confident they'll Ben here next season?

Don't think you can read too much into it. The club will carry on to make half hearted plans for next season whilst takeover talks continue.
  • He does the warm ups.
  • sammy391 said:

Presumably they're got rid of head as RD/KM are confident they'll Ben here next season?

Maybe he only had a one year contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think its obvious that when our new owners take their place we will have squillions to spend on only the very best so no need for scouts at all.
  • I think his record speaks for itself.. if not then beware working for a comedy employer
  • If KR got rid of him, it seems likely that KR is here for next season (well the start anyway)
  • FiFA 18 will be out soon, young Tommy would have got his on order already.
  • ross1 said:

If KR got rid of him, it seems likely that KR is here for next season (well the start anyway)

RD would not wish to sack KR, because KR is doing everything asked of him.
  • Redhenry said:

Addickted said:

Another triumph for Katrien, who appointed him. It was strongly rumoured that Slade wanted him out too.

More than strongly rumoured.

I know for a fact that Slade wanted his own man in. Slades man was behind all of the signings at the start of the season. Allegedly he was offered a position at the club but this was pulled. When it was becoming clear that the club wasn'going to give him a position, he stopped giving the club his professional opinion regarding potential signings. I thought this was the reason the signings stopped all of a sudden, but Roland might have been behind that.
    Similar story here.