Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP PC KEITH PALMER

Sadly it is becoming increasingly clear that the policeman so sadly and needlessly murdered yesterday was a fellow Charlton fan.

Keith Palmer had served in both the police and previously the Royal Artillary. He was also a regular fan in the East Stand.

His name and our tributes and respect deserve more than to be buried in a Member Only thread discussing yesterday's events and the rights & wrongs of social media coverage.

Our sympathies go to the friends and family of Keith. His name will always be remembered as a hero by his extended football family for which we are connected, and indeed by the whole country.

RIP Keith

Comments

• Taxi_Lad said:

PC Palmer sat behind me in the East Stand for years. Season ticket holder I believe and a nice guy. Very sad

• RIP
    Hope the club honour him someway.
  • RIP

So sad for his family and friends, a true hero.
  • RIP PC Palmer, my thoughts and condolences go to his family at this tragic time.
    I hope in time he will be honoured with the George Medal for his bravery!
  • RIP

Sincere condolences to his family and friends and to those of the other victims. A speedy recovery to the injured.
  • Rest in Peace Keith. Thoughts are with your family and friends and the same for the other victims of yesterday's attack.
  • Sponsored links:

• Condolences to Keith's family and friends at this awful time.
  • RIP Keith

My thoughts are with Keith's family and friends.
  • RIP PC Palmer. No bodie deserves to like that but you are a hero! Condolances to all friends and family
  • That is really sad. I've clearly walked past this man hundreds of times. Thoughts absolutely with the family.

Do we know if he was on here?
  • RIP. What a tragic waste of life.

Condolences to his family
  • R.I.P. Keith Palmer. You are a true hero and my thoughts are with your family and friends. As a Charlton ST holder the club must honour you at a remaining home game. You deserve that.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP Keith, its so easy to take for granted what people do and risk daily for us, thoughts and prayers to your family.
  • I recognise the face RIP Keith god bless.
  • R.I.P. Deepest sympathy and thoughts go out to your family. Sadly it's a very sick world at times in which we live.
  • RIP Keith, and condolences to his family and friends.
  • RIP Keith

Thanks for protecting us.
  • RIP Keith
  • R.I.P.Thank you - inadequate words but all we can say,
  • RIP Keith & condolences to the families of all those who died. What a huge debt we owe to the police and other security forces who protect our freedom.
  • RIP. Very sad.