Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Moran RIP

Ronnie Moran, Liverpool player, coach and assistant manager, has died aged 83

Blast from the past

RIP

Comments

• edited March 2017
    RIP

Part of one of the best set ups in football history.
  • RIP - one of my earliest football memories was that Arsenal win up at anfield in 89.

I remember the camera panning onto the bench after Arsenal had scored the 2nd. He was on it
  • cabbles said:

RIP - one of my earliest football memories was that Arsenal win up at anfield in 89.

I remember the camera panning onto the bench after Arsenal had scored the 2nd. He was on it

Drink problem?
  • RIP Liverpool legend
  • RIP Ronnie
  • Remember watching him as a player for Liverpool c1965 when they beat Leeds 2-1 in the FA Cup Final.

A tremendous contribution to Liverpool's success both as a player and coach.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP - part of an excellent backroom team
  • LenGlover said:

Remember watching him as a player for Liverpool c1965 when they beat Leeds 2-1 in the FA Cup Final.

RIP

That was the very first match I ever remember watching on television.

A true Liverpool (and football) man.

RIP
  • Part of the Liverpool set up and team that is synonymous with football in my childhood (80s). Growing up and getting into football in that time period is probably why I think if Liverpool as being the real giant of English football - and the only away ground I ever got tingles at.
  • An absolutely integral part of the Liverpool set up for decades.

RIP Ronnie
  • RIP one of the boot room boys
  • R.I.P. Ronnie.
  • RIP Ronnie
  • That is sad news. He was a loud man and by all accounts a very decent coach and man manager

Rest in peace
  • RIP. Good football man.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP a true football man.
  • LenGlover said:

Remember watching him as a player for Liverpool c1965 when they beat Leeds 2-1 in the FA Cup Final.

RIP

Sorry Len but you wouldn't have done. Ronnie didn't play in that game partly because injury had affected his season. I remember this because Gerry Byrne played left back in that game and played most of it with a broken collar bone.

This doesn't take anything away from Ronnie's career. 49 years at one club shows how much he was respected by all from Walsh to Shankly to Paisley to Fagan to Daglish to Fagan as well as everyone connected with Liverpool. A real football man.RIP
  • Most of these were before my time but just shows you how dominant they were.

https://twitter.com/search?q=ronnie moran&src=typd&lang=en
  • redman said:

LenGlover said:

RIP

Sorry Len but you wouldn't have done. Ronnie didn't play in that game partly because injury had affected his season. I remember this because Gerry Byrne played left back in that game and played most of it with a broken collar bone.

This doesn't take anything away from Ronnie's career. 49 years at one club shows how much he was respected by all from Walsh to Shankly to Paisley to Fagan to Daglish to Fagan as well as everyone connected with Liverpool. A real football man.RIP
    Yes I remember Gerry Byrne.

They must have mentioned Moran and I mistook him for one of the others. Geoff Strong maybe.

In mitigation I was young at the time and maybe didn't give it my undivided attention!
  • incidentally played twice at the Valley. Jan 1959 when LFC won 3-2 and on Boxing Day in same year when Charlton won 3-0. Played against Charlton 5 times at Anfield; Liverpool winning 4 and Charlton 1.
  • RIP Ronnie