Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Germany v England

Any addicks heading out for the game tomorrow?

Dortmund's ground has always been on my bucket list so that's literally the only reason we're doing a 24hr no hotel 7am-7am jaunt tomorrow.

Not expecting much on the pitch as our squad looks piss poor and can't see us doing well again after that incredible come back (that I missed

Comments

• 2 world wars and 1 world cup do da do da
  • Fair play to those going but I really couldn't be less interested in this fixture or the national team as a whole
  • I don't expect England to do well, because I never do, but Wales, N Ireland and Iceland's squads looked piss poor last summer, but they all played well as a team. We often have piss poor teams that look good on paper. Maybe the reserves will have more fight and cohesion about them?
  • Didn't even know this was on, that's what Roland and Katie have done to my interest in football.
  • Friendlies have never got me excited apart from that time we beat Argentina in Switzerland.
  • Best England away from a football perspective I've been to that one Uboat.
  • Nice new blue kit bring unveiled, too
  • Nice new blue kit bring unveiled, too

Which the Scots have naturally got in a huff about.
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

Should be a good match. We will win as Germany will be in cruise mode trying out different players and then when we don't win the World Cup we will all complain because Dele Alli was amazing against Germany in 2017 when we won 3-0. He is world class along with Harry Kane and Marcus Rashford...... Same old every tournament.

It's almost like we have been there before!
  • Redskin said:

Nice new blue kit bring unveiled, too

They'd get the feckin huff about being Scottish!
  • Redskin said:

They'd get the feckin huff about being Scottish!
    Wait until they lose at home to Canada, tomorrow night
  • So which one is the organiser is it Chris or the chap who's name escapes me with the beard ?
  • Redskin said:

You'll have to forward me that memo as I appear to have missed it.
  • Early flight out tomorrow from stansted.
  • Leaving in half hour see you all out there.
  • Me plus another charlton fan will be out there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

You'll have to forward me that memo as I appear to have missed it.
    Coz you're plastic
  • Maddison has done fuckin great in his losing weight, lost half of what he was fuckin brilliant effort.

His meltdown video was absolute quality
  • So which one is the organiser is it Chris or the chap who's name escapes me with the beard ?

None of them in that pic.

You are right, Maddison has done fantastic
  • didn't bother with this, been to dortmunds ground last year for a bundesliga game and it is bloody impressive but midweek lack of holiday, just cant do it all, am booked up for Scotland and Malta away, considering lithania but will wait till nearer the time to see what allocation is like. despite what people say it is always good doing a number on the germans.

Matt with the beard
  • I don't expect England to do well, because I never do, but Wales, N Ireland and Iceland's squads looked piss poor last summer, but they all played well as a team. We often have piss poor teams that look good on paper. Maybe the reserves will have more fight and cohesion about them?

They look good on paper to us because the media bangs on about them every day in the papers and on the TV. But these other teams don't look at us as good on paper or on the pitch.
  • The German Addicks come over , too!Hope to see some Addick guys."Alter Markt" is a nice place with a lot of German Pubs!

We do well in qualifying though. Normally we only fail against the top teams when we have to face them in tournaments (through we managed to change that last summer!)
  • 19/5 Germany to win both halves, £15 - returns £72 , surely they are too good for us, just hope they take it seriously
  • 19/5 Germany to win both halves, £15 - returns £72 , surely they are too good for us, just hope they take it seriously

Its a friendly, nobody takes it seriously, people just pay to watch players training.