Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Talking Drums with Steve White

Ex Style Council and Paul Weller drummer Steve White was in town earlier talking about his life and career. Some great stories plus demos on the kit.

Less than five minutes had passed when he joked his Grandad (who got him into supporting CAFC) would rather fight the Germans again than go and watch Charlton play now.

He himself doesn't go anymore and is distraught at what's happened. He pointed out we're not the only club with bad owners, but he's getting more and more convinced we're being deliberately run down and eventually The Valley will be sold for flats.

Apart from that depressing few minutes, a fantastic afternoon with a brilliant musician, a proper gent and proper Charlton.

Comments

• His brother (Alan) also supports Charlton.
  • Now in The Family Silve with Damon Minchella and Matt Deighton. Very tight band, if you wanna have a listen

Is his brother Alan originally from Downham?

Is his brother Alan originally from Downham?
    Yes I think so....definitely from Lewisham Borough.
  • Eltham they're from
  • Went to Eaglesfield
  • Bumped into Steve White and his actress wife, Sally Lindsay (plus their two kids) in Sidcup one evening last year. One of those situations where you have to have a second look because you know both of them but not in that situation or the two of them together.

Same thing happened a decade ago when getting into a lift with a couple in a hotel in Brighton. Recognised both of them but, in this case, hadn't got a clue where I knew them from. Turned out that both were actors - one played Billy in Eastenders and the other at the time was in Corrie.
  • Bumped into Steve White and his actress wife, Sally Lindsay (plus their two kids) in Sidcup one evening last year. One of those situations where you have to have a second look because you know both of them but not in that situation or the two of them together.

Same thing happened a decade ago when getting into a lift with a couple in a hotel in Brighton. Recognised both of them but, in this case, hadn't got a clue where I knew them from. Turned out that both were actors - one played Billy in Eastenders and the other at the time was in Corrie.

Vera Duckworth?

Vera Duckworth?
    No but close - Angela Lonsdale who played Curly Watts' wife. It appears that Perry Fenwick and Ms Lonsdale had 3 children together but are now separated. I can't find any up to date info on the status of the marriage between Steve White and Sally Lindsay but have my Pap contacts on the job and will report back soonest.

Vera Duckworth?
    No but close - Angela Lonsdale who played Curly Watts' wife. It appears that Perry Fenwick and Ms Lonsdale had 3 children together but are now separated. I can't find any up to date info on the status of the marriage between Steve White and Sally Lindsay but have my Pap contacts on the job and will report back soonest.
    I can happily report that Steve and Sally are still very much together.
  • Sponsored links:

Vera Duckworth?
    I didn't they had separated. That's a shame.
  • Eltham they're from

Their Dad Vic was a Plumstead boy ,lived in Sandy Hill just down from the Fox and Hounds.
    I used to knock about with him when we were young. Bought a house in Eltham when he got married .