Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Depeche Mode

Anyone interested live gig on twitter now

Search Telekom street gigs

Comments

• edited March 2017

Anyone interested live gig on twitter now

Search Telekom street gigs

Well, my keyboard skills are a bit rusty, my baggy trousers will be a bit too tight but IF i can do something with my hair I am willing to give it a go!

...your own personal Jesus...
    ...your own personal Jesus...
  • New album out today which is good, continuing recent history of good new music
  • Caught the end thanks - what a great band - seeing them in NYC in Sep.

New album has some fillers but some killer tracks too.
  • edited March 2017
    saw them at the 02 about 8 years ago - not really my thing but I was pleasantly surprised - really enjoyed it & they were more rocky than I thought.
  • Great band... keep producing some clever music
  • Looking to see them in September at Mohegan Casin in CT !! On my bucket list
  • Totally underrated and misunderstood in the UK by those who can't see beyond their really early 80s stuff (Speak and Spell; A Broken Frame).

As golfaddick states, great band live and will surprise many outside of their hardcore fan base.

Lined up to see them in Prague, London and Edmonton (Canada, not North London!).

Tried to get my missus to go to their opening night in Stockholm on 5th May but she falls into the category of 'we mock what we don't understand' and I couldn't convince her that 4 trips to see them was a good deal!!
  • "Just can't get enough"and "Everything Counts" two of my favourite 80's stuff. Top band.
  • Saw them in 1986 - Black Celebration tour. At that point I think it was the greatest night of my life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Impressed that they're still going strong, as I expected then to fade away after they're mid 90s peak, after Alan Wilder left and Dave Gahan's drug problems. Nearly 20 years since then
  • Really enjoyed the concert, liking what I heard of the new album.
  • Uboat said:

Saw them in 1986 - Black Celebration tour. At that point I think it was the greatest night of my life.

Likewise. Superb live.
  • Brilliant live, and creators of the best song of all time (enjoy the silence)
  • I admire any band that can get houses to rhyme with trousers
  • Ive been a fan since the early days ( Bridge House Canning town ) watched them on their last tour,All the Albums not too keen on the new Album which I hoped would be a return to form , not so , personally too Blues Rock orientated now , Gahan`s voice really grates on me now and sounds like a pub singer ! ,
    New OMD album out this year which will be more to my taste .
  • I'm with you Frank Tovey. Used to see them at the Bridge House too, have only followed from a distance since then but for some reason my inteterest has been piqued once again, so may try to see them this time around. Still prefer the electro folk of the old days (with Vince C) though.
  • edited March 2017
    I've always liked their music, but never liked the band members. IYKWIM. I never thought they were cool as individuals (putting it politely).

Anyway, I'm seeing them on Saturday 3rd June at the Olympic Stadium and there are tickets still available.

http://www1.ticketmaster.co.uk/depeche-mode-standing-unreserved-london-03-06-2017/event/35005145E67A3E63?artistid=734907&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60&f_tmol_checkout=true&ab=m_efeat4555v3
  • Totally underrated and misunderstood in the UK by those who can't see beyond their really early 80s stuff (Speak and Spell; A Broken Frame).

As golfaddick states, great band live and will surprise many outside of their hardcore fan base.

Lined up to see them in Prague, London and Edmonton (Canada, not North London!).

Tried to get my missus to go to their opening night in Stockholm on 5th May but she falls into the category of 'we mock what we don't understand' and I couldn't convince her that 4 trips to see them was a good deal!!

You've done well if you have tickets, then. To say they are massive in CZ is a massive understatement. If rock concerts were still allowed at Strahov, where the Stones played to 85,000, they'd sell out in days.

Not a big fan myself, but if you are up for a beer around the concert, give me a shout.

You've done well if you have tickets, then. To say they are massive in CZ is a massive understatement. If rock concerts were still allowed at Strahov, where the Stones played to 85,000, they'd sell out in days.

Not a big fan myself, but if you are up for a beer around the concert, give me a shout.
    I remembering staying with a Czech family in Prague in 1990 (a year after the fall of of the communists) and he had a Mode album
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm listening to Black Celebration as I'm typing, an album even older than me! I absolutely love Dave Gahan's voice from the 80's to the 90's. From Some Great Reward to Ultra, each album during those 15 years is a masterpiece. I remember I would listen to them non stop when I was in the university. And like everyone has mentioned, they were/are phenomenal live. Not that I've ever got the chance to see them (they've never come to China) but I collected quite a few of their live videos/DVDs and could tell they sounded even greater than on studio albums. I lost count of the number of times that I'd watched 101, Devotional and Touring the Angel DVDs.

I'm not keen on their more recent stuff though. I kind of lost interest since Sounds of the Universe. I didn't even know another new album was out....
  • Having had time to listen to the new album a bit now, I rate Fail and Where's the Revolution as two of my favourite Depeche songs. The lyrics sum up how I feel, and I suspect will be the same for many others
  • Having had time to listen to the new album a bit now, I rate Fail and Where's the Revolution as two of my favourite Depeche songs. The lyrics sum up how I feel, and I suspect will be the same for many others

Good shout mate. Lyrically, I think it's a great piece of work and for me, it's their best album since 'Ultra'.

They closed the BBC 6 Music Festival at Barrowlands, Glasgow on Sunday 25th March. One hour set was brilliant. It was available on 'online' iPlayer. Well worth a look.
  • edited April 2017
    Iconic album cover Ken, 'A Broken Frame'. He also reprints these covers onto t-shirts and they are available through eBay. The picture was actually taken in a corn field in Cambridgeshire. Listed as one of the 'world's best photographs' of 1980-1990!!
  • Cheers for the heads up about the T shirts, will look into that on e bay
  • Yes, Brian did a few photos for me, although some time now.
    It was all pre photoshop, and done on Film. I worked at Haymarket publishing,he was starting out, and did some great photos for 'Management Today' and I have always admired his work.
  • Quality band Olympic stadium June 3
    Not sure of the Venue , but looking forward to another great gig .
  • The Speak and Spell one with its plastic swan was truly awful though!

• edited April 2017
    BBC4 now and for the next 3 and a half hours!! It's just the sweetest perfection!!