Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Kinsella interview

There's a really good in-depth interview with Mark Kinsella available to download as a podcast on iTunes. Search for Team 33 and it's on there. I'm only half way through but it's a good insight into how the club was during the Curbs era.

Comments

• Good shout. Here's the website link for this averse to podcasting.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Team_33/Team_33/164511/The_Football_Manager_17_Special
  • Brilliant,

Nice to hear someone say his name correctly for a change.
  • I love the fact that when we signed him from Colchester (which we nearly didn't do because we couldn't afford to pay £150,000 in one hit), his weekly salary with us was £75 less than at Colchester! Same old Charlton...
  • I love the fact that when we signed him from Colchester (which we nearly didn't do because we couldn't afford to pay £150,000 in one hit), his weekly salary with us was £75 less than at Colchester! Same old Charlton...

If Roland had signed him he'd be a millionaire now.
  • Said we beat Southampton 5-2, come on Mark sort it out :wink:

Interesting listen

I don't think it was because we couldn't afford to, I thought we just didn't want to pay what they wanted & we wanted to string it out. Soon changed our minds when we found out that he was about to sign for Gillingham.
  • and he said he was on £1100 p/wk when we first got into the Premiership. Those were the days........
  • Hmm doesn't play for me.......... or do you have to wait for the rock music to finish playing ?
  • Talal said:

Said we beat Southampton 5-2, come on Mark sort it out :wink:

Interesting listen

Also forgot Karim's name.
  • Sponsored links:

I don't think it was because we couldn't afford to, I thought we just didn't want to pay what they wanted & we wanted to string it out. Soon changed our minds when we found out that he was about to sign for Gillingham.
    Considering the Bowyer money we'd received, that was ridiculous penny pinching really

Considering the Bowyer money we'd received, that was ridiculous penny pinching really
    Ridiculous penny pinching that helped get us to the Premiership on a fraction of the money this current lot have spunked on players like Naby Sarr.

Ridiculous penny pinching that helped get us to the Premiership on a fraction of the money this current lot have spunked on players like Naby Sarr.
    It doesn't mean that everything done in the 90s was right though. The team desperately needed him, as there was massive hole left by the sale of Bowyer, and Curbs/Peacock etc had identified him as the player we needed, and we nearly missed out on him.
  • Great listen. Especially when he's talking about 98.
  • Great player for us.
  • proper captain material
  • edited March 2017

Talks about leaving Charlton and rejoining again as a coach. Well worth a listen.
  • You can buy a fantastic signed picture of Mark on the museum Ebay site

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292511132210?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649