Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Urban Foxes

a month or so ago four ickkle wikkle fox cubs appeared in the garden and for a while it was a joy watching them play each dusk and dawn, even to the extent that they were rolling around on the decking just feet from the open conservatory having fun.

Now they have grown up and are a bloody nuisance, pooing and peeing everywhere, and last night they were making a racket to such an extent I really thought that someone was being attacked at the end of the garden. This morning I surveyed the wreckage of the plants we had paid good money for and been lovingly cultivationg and thought why bother. I blame this on people like the MIL who ten or so years ago used to feed the foxes in her garden and now they are out of control.

Send 'em back to the countryside where you never see a fox. They are an urban menace.

Comments

• Moany git..

live and let live mate..
  • Shoot the feckers!
  • get London Zoo to deliver you a lorry load of Lion sh**......problem solved..
  • Mate had em in my house+ in the greenhse.Once left me a headless rabbit in middle of back garden. Yesterday one was a kip on the patio and last nite one was sleeping on the car bonnet.

last nite on some "country show" they were talking to this lady about her garden when the guy saw this animal n a tree. He says "o you get --------- here then ?" she says "yes they are tame and sometimes even come in the hse". This thig was about the size of a small squirrel. big ears. big eyes small bushy tail and it was in a tree. Never seen anything like is. She lived in Surrey ? anyone know what they were on about ?
  • A squirrel?..
  • yesss could just have been a jug eared squirrel i guess.
  • I'm getting a bloke round to shoot the family of foxes that live at the bottom of my garden - they are a complete pain the 'arris and I've had enough.
  • edited July 2008
    my downstairs neighbour has a fox alarm thingy that is bloody annoying whiney thing, keeps you awake etc and has zero effect that I can see on the foxes.

On that note did anyone see top gear, apparently you can hunt with dogs as long as you take a falcon to do the killing business at the end, hmmmm
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I'm getting a bloke round to shoot the family of foxes that live at the bottom of my garden - they are a complete pain the 'arris and I've had enough.

extreme !! and I'd never do that. Apparently the best detereant is human pee. However, I don't think the neighbours would be too impressed !!
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]I'm getting a bloke round to shoot the family of foxes that live at the bottom of my garden - they are a complete pain the 'arris and I've had enough.

Sorry mate but thats not on imho....
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry mate but thats not on imho....

Realise it may be a bit extreme, but I've had them 'buzzing' both our 3 year old and our pets when they're out in the garden so the f*ckers have to go.
  • May the Lord have mercy on your soul...
  • are you getting the fella that was shooting the foxes down at the Valley.

we once had a fat fox wandering round ours all the time... me and my chelsea supporting neighbour named him Parker as it looked like it was a greedy fecker.

they flipping stink and the noise they make is frightening.
  • Don't mind the odd fox here and there but they really are taking over and it's just getting out of hand.
    I hate the fookers at my place...the stink and shyte is vile and makes a peaceful summer afternoon in the garden a thing of the past I'm afraid.
    They've simply gotta go...anyone got any tips for something sort of 'semi' legal or otherwise toget rid would be most welcome.
    I was told they don't like it if you collect your own urine and pour it around near their den...a bit drastic I must admit but when the need arrises you'll try anything I guess!
  • as you back on to small park, shooting them isn't going to fix the problem, get a dog or have you tried those repellant devices some of them must work?

Can't he start with some of the feral youths first before he starts bothering with foxes?

[cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    I was told they don't like it if you collect your own urine and pour it around near their den...a bit drastic I must admit but when the need arises you'll try anything I guess!

This definitely works - if you know where their den is - pouring human urine around the entrance will cause them to abandon it and not return to it.
  • I'm not so sure about this urine thing, just as we're about to have a hot weekend.....lol
  • human hair works as well I've just been told
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]human hair works as well I've just been told

Good point! I've never seen a fox in a barber's or a hairdressers - must be something in it!
  • I've seen some foxy chicks in them tho..
  • Sponsored links:

• There's plenty of foxes in the hairdressers near me...
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]There's plenty of foxes in the hairdressers near me...

With a bushy tail?

On second thoughts - don't answer that one!
  • Get yourself a couple of jack russells or staffs the swines will think twice about coming back.

My jack is regularly rucking with the swines - we hardly get them at all now.
  • edited July 2008
    I blame Wileys new video 'Wearing my Rolex', all those foxes dancing in the street, it's just gonna encourage trouble really isn't it!
  • Or get a cat. We've got loads of foxes in the back gardens on our road - but one of our cats is such a vicious little fecker that we never get them in our garden any more - never. I see them all the time - even in the middle of the day - in other gardens - there was even one walking down the road at 7:00 last night - hundreds of people around but it didn't give a ****. Ever since the cat chased one right up the garden a couple of years ago, clawing at its arse as it went, we've been fox free.
  • edited July 2008
    Depends very much on the cat if you ask me...some can't be arsed one little bit and there's quite a few passing through regularly.... unfortunately cats dont make an iota of difference to the blighters in my neck of the woods.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Depends very much on the cat if you ask me...some can't be arsed one little bit and there's quite a few passing through regularly.... unfortunately cats dont make an iota of difference to the blighters in my neck of the woods.
    Our cat, as lovely as he is, is a bit of a girl and gets scared by just about anything. Absolutely useless where foxes are concerned.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite] Our cat, as lovely as he is, is a bit of a girl and gets scared by just about anything. Absolutely useless where foxes are concerned.

Why did this make me chuckle......?
  • Count yourselves lucky it's only foxes !!! Near me it's coyotes who are quite dangerous (especially
    if your dog is stupid enough to chase them !!) Cats aren't allowed outdoors cos they get eaten....
  • I've hit a few of the dozy poxy things in my car/s, they are a pest and they stink.

Have no qualms about killing them, now if only them nice chaps with the horses and dogs would control the problem in urban areas with their hounds. That would be worth watching. Styles and hedges would be the least of their worries as they gallop through the white road estate ducking bricks and lorry wheel nuts launched at them while trying to keep up with the cuddly wee foxy!