Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mayweather vs McGregor

With Dana White now not saying he will not block any potential flight between Mayweather and McGregor, and seemingly the final piece of the puzzle falling into place, what are peoples thoughts on this?

Personally I think they are two fantastic showmen, and if it actually happens, the hype around this fight will be fantastic. However, as soon as the step into the ring Mayweather will annihilate him.

Or is this all just talk to keep them in the limelight while they step away from actually competing, and I'm getting way ahead of myself?

Comments

• McGregor will get duffed up if its Queensbury, if its UFC rules he has a chance.
  • Mayweather needs the money (like feck he does) .. if this goes ahead I will lose all respect for a man (Mayweather) who I regard as the best boxer I have ever seen .. but then, he is not an especially 'graceful' person ..
  • Never going to happen. Just clever marketing from both guys - Mayweather to stay relevant and Mcgregor to demand more money from his next fight.
  • Never going to happen. Just clever marketing from both guys - Mayweather to stay relevant and Mcgregor to demand more money from his next fight.

Spot on I think.

Makes no sense anyway, can't see why anyone would get excited - each would easily win under their own sport's rules.
  • Embarrassing that this is even being discussed. Although I would love to see Mayweather smash McGregor in similar fashion to Mickey Gall CM Punk.

Would be far more interested in seeing a McGregor title defense...
  • It shouldn't happen, it's a freakshow. Mayweather should win comfortably.

Yet this will probably come close to being the biggest PPV of all time and I'll definitely watch it.
  • Embarrassing that this is even being discussed. Although I would love to see Mayweather smash McGregor in similar fashion to Mickey Gall CM Punk.

Would be far more interested in seeing a McGregor title defense...

Although he really should fight Ferguson I expect McGregor to fight Nate Diaz at lightweight next, thus completing the trilogy and defending his title.

• edited March 2017
    pointless, would be better if they didnt wear gloves* and was not Boxing imo. Just a money fight, dont think it will be any competition for Floyd
  • edited March 2017
    Punching ability - Mayweather Wins.

Kicks may surprise Mayweather - so we'll say McGregor Wins

Floor work - Draw

Has all the likelyhood of being a shite fight
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2017
    If this goes ahead, I think McGregor is going to be embarrassed by Mayweather. Yes, McGregor is a decent puncher but Mayweather is a world class boxer which are entirely different attributes to UFC fighters. It goes without saying he will use those boxing attributes to pick McGregor apart and it wouldn't surprise me if he looks to finish McGregor in the first round by way of a middle finger gesture to UFC fighters.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Kicks may surprise so we'll say McGregor

Floor work - Draw

In the words of Roland Duchatelet - huh?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Punches only, Mayweather.

Floor work - Draw

U wot m8?

I think it's safe to say, boxing rules almost guaranteed to be Mayweather. Anything else be it kickboxing, BJJ, wrestling then you have to say McGregor.
  • McGregor won't get near him.
  • colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

Punches only, Mayweather.

Floor work - Draw

U wot m8?

I think it's safe to say, boxing rules almost guaranteed to be Mayweather. Anything else be it kickboxing, BJJ, wrestling then you have to say McGregor.
    McGregor is crap at floor work, even Mayweather called him out on this.

I cant wait for this to happen if it does.
  • edited March 2017
    Said it before but McGregor doesn't beat any domestic level boxer. Nevermind Mayweather
  • edited March 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

Floor work - Draw

Lolz!

Would be interesting to see his brown belt BJJ skills at work!

• Does anyone seriously think this will take place under anything other than Queensbury rules? Mayweather has spent his entire career being very careful and sure of himself and his choices. He's not likely to get into a ring with a realistic chance of coming out of it anything other than richer, untouched and with his reputation at least intact (if not enhanced). McGregor can't beat him. He'd be absolutely embarrassed by Mayweather

Exactly, Mayweather will only fight Queensbury rules, he's a smart man. Conor however isn't and had a ridiculous ego and will probably agree to Queensbury for financial and political reasons. He'll spin the defeat into a victory because he showed off his big Irish balls.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh6piq2zWws

Will be a load of bollocks, cheapen both sports and make people very rich.
  • Sponsored links:

Was going to mention this fight but thought it would go over people's heads! Ali suffered some serious leg damage and would have been destroyed if it the rules weren't in his favour.

Was going to mention this fight but thought it would go over people's heads! Ali suffered some serious leg damage and would have been destroyed if it the rules weren't in his favour.
    Doubtful Ali would have been destroyed. The bloke wouldn't get near him enough to get hold of him and one of Ali's jabs would put him to sleep.
  • When does hype justify what'll be a ridiculous ppv fee? Pacquiao v Mayweather was such a let down, but there was a possibility it'd have been legendary. This'll be an absolute farce.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Floor work - Draw

Lolz!

McGregor may not be the best BJJ practitioner in a sport stacked with absolute animals on the ground, but I would suggest that if it went to the floor Mayweather would not last 30 seconds before being submitted.

BJJ looks a lot more complicated than it actually is.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Floor work - Draw

Lolz!

McGregor may not be the best BJJ practitioner in a sport stacked with absolute animals on the ground, but I would suggest that if it went to the floor Mayweather would not last 30 seconds before being submitted.

I know it is, hence why I made fun of Connor's Brown Belt. Look how easy Joe Duffy passed his guard.

Doubtful Ali would have been destroyed. The bloke wouldn't get near him enough to get hold of him and one of Ali's jabs would put him to sleep.
    But then you're ignoring the kicks! If Antonio Inoki got hold of Ali it would have been all over just like if Ali connected.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Floor work - Draw

Lolz!

I know it is, hence why I made fun of Connor's Brown Belt. Look how easy Joe Duffy passed his guard.
    I should have made it clearer that I was just backing up your point :).

• Load of bollox it ain't gonna happen.
    Each would destroy the other in their own form of fighting.
    Plus niether would be stupid enough to challenge the other at his form of fighting
    Plus niether would be stupid enough to challenge the other at his form of fighting

This is where I disagree, i think one of them is stupid enough!

This is where I disagree, i think one of them is stupid enough!
    Must be McGregor then as he is nowhere near as rich as mayweather