Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First Branded Pair Of Trainers You Owned

Following on from a pub discussion (as this is a football forum, I'm sure there will be some trainer afficiandos on here) - what was the first branded pair of trainers you ever owned?

Mine were Adidas Kick - saved up for 6 months to get them and performed a variety of surgeries over the year or so I had them to keep them going.

Comments

• nike air pegasus in 1983
  • Probably Puma G Vilas somewhere in late 70's.

Then went through most of the brands in the 80's (Diadora Borg Elite, Nike Bruin etc) - before settling on Adidas from late 80's to date.

• Can't really remember, but add Adidas Kick also Gola trainers.

Assume they came from the bloke who used to sell Troop Trainers from the boot of his car in The Yorkshire Grey carpark?
  • These bad boys!

Yeah, probably Green Flash for me too. But who can remember what shoes you were wearing 50 odd years ago?
  • edited March 2017
    Never owned a pair and wouldn't out of principle, that every fooker and their mothers wearing them!

Same with baseball caps.

Oh yes and because I'm a snob!
  • Stig said:

Winfield

Winfield Wonders
  • Had a pair of mitres for playing football in when I was a kid. Never worn them as an adult.
  • Sponsored links:

• Puma's - white with black stripe, around 1970. Bought from Marriotts Sports Shop in Forest Hill. A magical place, sold black and white spotted leather footballs and Subbuteo teams.
  • Don't wear trainers
  • Roland is still wearing his. Great stuff that duct tape you know :)
  • Dunlop green flash like @creepyaddick .
  • never bought a pair of branded .. I just will not pay £20 for the footwear and £50 for a logo
  • Do superga deck shoes count?

Otherwise Dunlop green flash to wear in the street, converse for basketball

Assume they came from the bloke who used to sell Troop Trainers from the boot of his car in The Yorkshire Grey carpark?
    I cant remember where they can from, but I do know who you mean.
  • Riscardo said:

Don't wear trainers

Plimsols?

Bumpers?
  • Dad was never one to sugar coat things, money on the clothes for us boys (three brothers) was limited and had to be functional and more important, cheap. I stumble across many an old picture of my brothers and i standing there miserable and dressed resplendant in the same gear, including footwear. Saturday mornings dragged up to C&A in Eltham for a "fitting" and a clip round the ear if you complained are legendary amoungst us today 45 years later.

So when i started earning my own wedge i duly splashed out on the current fashion. Today i am strictly a K-Swiss or Hummel fella, and scour the internet for bargains.

When a kid walks into my class with £150's worth Nike whatevers, i often think of my old man.
  • Brown suede adidas Samoas
  • Sponsored links:

• Puma I think. Bought in Makro, early eighties.

At some point in the mid eighties I had (and loved) a pair of Pony trainers. American. Massive great big tongue which folded over and covered most of the front of the shoe. They probably looked ridiculous.
  • Woolworths four stripe
  • Black and white Adidas from memory. Was lucky enough to have good access to trainers as a kid so had the lot - Diadora Borg Elite (both gold and limited edition burgundy, went nicely with a pair of dark grey Farah's), Adidas that came with pens so you could colour them how you wanted, Puma's in a variety of colours. I'm mid 40's now and still have a half decent selection. I currently have some c. 2003 Adidas Good Years (brown leather, trimmed for motor racing), some nice Ontisuka Tigers, a few pairs of Adidas (including my current favourites, green suede with orange trim) and some nice retro red Diadora's.

• never bought a pair of branded .. I just will not pay £20 for the footwear and £50 for a logo

Thats the kinda thing my dad would say... before going off to spend 20k on a car
  • 25May98 said:

Puma I think. Bought in Makro, early eighties.

At some point in the mid eighties I had (and loved) a pair of Pony trainers. American. Massive great big tongue which folded over and covered most of the front of the shoe. They probably looked ridiculous.

I had a pair of pony's mainly as I was massively into NFL back then.

One of these!

• Riscardo said:

Don't wear trainers

Plimsols?

Bumpers?
    Bumpers, now yer talking, converse of course.
  • Clarks, last year. I'm the Hip hop opotomus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk
  • Adidas cosmos swiftly followed by Nike vandal.
  • I had a few nice pairs of Hush Puppies