Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans Forum - Proposed changes and revamp

http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/ff-proposal-for-discussion83-3589746.pdf
Just been looking at the power point about the proposed new supporters' council on the official site.
The final slide says:

2ndMarch Supporter consultation event
9thMarch Final proposal communicated
10thMarch Supporters invited to stand
23rdMarch Elections
30thApril Announcement of new Supporters Council
2ndMay Chairman elected and minute taker agreed
18thMay First Charlton Athletic Supporters Council meeting

Did anyone see anything about the supporter consultation event on the 2nd?
(Genuine question. I was in hospital that day.)
Did anyone see a communication about the final proposal yesterday (9 March)?
Did anyone see an invitation to Supporters to stand today (10 March)?

Me neither!
Perhaps KM meant 2018, not 2017?
Or (suspicious me) could there be another explanation for keeping this so quiet?

Comments

• Seen nothing on this at all.....

Maybe it has been abandoned following the Unity Protest (fingers crossed)
  • I hope you're right Neil & Henry, but the 2nd was before the march...
    I'm thinking more along the lines of possible match-fixing than match abandonment!
  • An interesting read - including the POTY comments, in the light of what has subsequently occurred.
    And have the club returned to CAS Trust with a revised timetable?
    If not, one assumes the one I quoted is still current, if it suits the club.
  • I am sure I have paid my £5 subs to be a CAST member but I do not get these updates, how do I check?
  • Neil - I think this is now sorted out. See your e mail.
  • Probably waiting for our late surge into the play-offs before doing that.
  • edited March 2017
    N01R4M said:

An interesting read - including the POTY comments, in the light of what has subsequently occurred.
    And have the club returned to CAS Trust with a revised timetable?
    If not, one assumes the one I quoted is still current, if it suits the club.

I would not be surprised if they (the SMT) see this, including the deadline, as factual. As far as they are concerned, the decision is theirs to make.

Once the membership of the council is known, we may well see Daisy's ideal scenario, an anti-CARD fan organisation. Not all council members will be up for this, but I am sure that the new members will be carefully hand-picked to align with her views.

Hopefully I am wrong due to my cynicism, but we shall see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, at least we now have dated evidence in the form of this thread that the first 3 steps were not adequately publicised, if they subsequently claim to have gone with the original timetable.

Unless, of course, anyone reading this has evidence to the contrary? Tom? Tony? Katrien?
  • They should perhaps worry about launching 2017/18 season tickets before wastIng any time on this.

I think they are waiting to see which division we will be in. If Port Vale pick up 4 points from the 3 games in hand, we're still only 6 points from the drop zone.

It is also possible that Meire has forgotten all about next seasons S/T offer. But there's not going to be a big rush to buy in April in any case.
  • N01R4M said:

Well, at least we now have dated evidence in the form of this thread that the first 3 steps were not adequately publicised, if they subsequently claim to have gone with the original timetable.

Unless, of course, anyone reading this has evidence to the contrary? Tom? Tony? Katrien?

These dates on the timetable, I've never seen before.
    But 10/3/17 coincides with (and forgive me Afka and Lookie delete this if you see fit) silly bollocks on the other channel going all "guests must sign in”
    Are their new best friends being invited to stand?
    God help us.
  • Harry, I saw this & I admit the same thought crossed my mind.

Then I decided the effort of being relentlessly non-sexist & pro regime was probably getting too much for them, so maybe they were having a nice relaxing anti-WAR, anti-Katrien/Karl/Roland session behind closed doors, in much the same way I might have a good swear into my pillow.

Time will tell, I guess!
  • Can you imagine the candidates who would be allowed to stand ? It would be like something Putin would devise, Su Parkes with 99.5% of the vote.
  • Nothing about T20K?
  • edited March 2017
    So, the elections are supposed to happen tomorrow......

Will they?
  • Must be a secret ballot - so secret, nobody knows it's happening!

Not only do we have a silent CEO, but also a Trappist PR team - Nothing about the Fans Forum proposals, nothing about the POTY situation (not all fans read forums), nothing about season tickets...
  • edited March 2017
    I love the way the club badge is positioned on the map of the UK - it puts us in the West Midlands/Potteries... they can't even get that right. Aside from that, it just looks like a load of Powerpoint PR gumph - it tries to say a lot without really saying anything.

No mention of it (unless, obviously, you dig very deep) on the OS.
  • Sponsored links:

• March 23rd Election
    April 1st Announcement of new Supporters Council

Blimey, they seem to reckon it'll take 5 weeks just to count all many many votes...
  • N01R4M said:

Must be a secret ballot - so secret, nobody knows it's happening!

Not only do we have a silent CEO, but also a Trappist PR team - Nothing about the Fans Forum proposals, nothing about the POTY situation (not all fans read forums), nothing about season tickets...

If I didn't know better, I'd assume that - inspired by some of our players - they've just thought "Feck it.." and given up..

I wonder how prevalent that attitude is at the club now, and how far it's permeated down from the SMT. I must say though, it's potentially one of the most telling indicators behind these takeover rumours!
  • I love the way the club badge is positioned on the map of the UK - it puts us in the West Midlands/Potteries... they can't even get that right. Aside from that, it just looks like a load of Powerpoint PR gumph - it tries to say a lot without really saying anything.

As well as Spurs taxi drivers KM is working on bringing in taxi drivers from Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
  • Scoham said:

I love the way the club badge is positioned on the map of the UK - it puts us in the West Midlands/Potteries... they can't even get that right. Aside from that, it just looks like a load of Powerpoint PR gumph - it tries to say a lot without really saying anything.

As well as Spurs taxi drivers KM is working on bringing in taxi drivers from Birmingham and Wolverhampton.
    Bostin'!
  • Apparently there are two wild card seats on the council, so who are the two angriest card members?
  • So who are the candidates and who gets to vote? I understand that it all seems to have gone quiet, but I was never sure of what the process was going to be anyway.
  • So who are the candidates and who gets to vote? I understand that it all seems to have gone quiet, but I was never sure of what the process was going to be anyway.

And you believe "they" did ????

:neutral:
  • edited March 2017

Why was my post edited ? Surely anyone could see it was tongue in cheek .