Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I'll be the first to say it. Charltonised.
  • Let's hope he can keep improving. Seen signs he's making progress. What we lack up front is a bit of pace at times. Useful commodity at this level.
  • Charlton Athletic , taking you to new places in your career.
  • "He was so confident, he went up and grabbed the ball. I don’t think anyone else put themselves forward".

So our gameplan doesn't involve a nominated penalty taker??

What other basics don't we have in place? (appreciate that may be a long list).

Holmes had gone off the pitch
  • "When Tony (Watt) came on we saw how good he is as well."

Really?

• "He was so confident, he went up and grabbed the ball. I don’t think anyone else put themselves forward".

I played football to a pretty crap level and this was covered. A player with a designated job is substituted in every game (on the basis that everyone has a job to do and that there is at least one substitution in every game).
  • He's a proven League One player with Championship experience. Worth keeping.

The bloke needs to lose a stone then, maybe, we can see what he can do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably better being a big fish in a small pond at league one level.

Plenty of teams would take him at this level but doubt they can afford the wages.
  • So does Novak want us to feel sorry for him.......?
  • Greenie said:

So does Novak want us to feel sorry for him.......?

Come on, a little unfair...
  • I'm not sure about him. Heard he's on silly money and granted he had that injury, but he's got a fat backside. In this day and age, and if he's on the sort of money he's on, he should be more on keeping with the modern day athleticism that the game requires. From what I've seen of him he looks lazy.

He was awful up at Rochdale, Shrewsbury and Northampton despite KR saying he put a shift in.

Looked marginally more mobile on Tuesday.

Also that pathetic cupping of the ear he did when scoring against Chesterfield at home. That wound me up
  • cabbles said:

Also that pathetic cupping of the ear he did when scoring against Chesterfield at home. That wound me up

He scored something like 15 goals in 35 games on loan last season at Chesterfield, didn't he?

You'd think in that case he'd have enjoyed his time there, but maybe there was tension behind the scenes and he felt he had a point to prove?
    In any case, IMO it's always best just to let your football prove a point when playing against your old club.
  • He's an odd looking guy
  • cabbles said:

I'm not sure about him. Heard he's on silly money and granted he had that injury, but he's got a fat backside. In this day and age, and if he's on the sort of money he's on, he should be more on keeping with the modern day athleticism that the game requires. From what I've seen of him he looks lazy.

He was awful up at Rochdale, Shrewsbury and Northampton despite KR saying he put a shift in.

"Heard he's on silly money"......source????
  • JamesSeed said:

Greenie said:

So does Novak want us to feel sorry for him.......?

Come on, a little unfair...
    Not at all. He's a pro footballer who is paid to score goals, that is what he was bought for, he has missed many sitters and like many of them in this squad is not fit to wear the shirt.
  • edited March 2017
  • Sponsored links:

I played football to a pretty crap level and this was covered. A player with a designated job is substituted in every game (on the basis that everyone has a job to do and that there is at least one substitution in every game).
    Jacko would have been the other designated penalty taker - he too was off the pitch.

• cabbles said:

I'm not sure about him. Heard he's on silly money and granted he had that injury, but he's got a fat backside. In this day and age, and if he's on the sort of money he's on, he should be more on keeping with the modern day athleticism that the game requires. From what I've seen of him he looks lazy.

heard he's on 6k pw, can't reveal my source
  • cabbles said:

No wonder he turned down Millwall in the summer to join us.

;o)

• Haven't been impressed with him one bit but was prepared to give him a chance but when he cupped his ear when he scored done it for me, cant stand him now, hope we get rid in the summer.
  • cabbles said:

I think that would be a great season for him 6k a week!!!
  • Lee has been very disappointing this season, but has had one injury after another.

However, I've not been able to fathom him out, because he's looked overweight and slow and yet I met him at a Bromley meeting in round about October/November and I can assure everyone he was very lean.

He has an unusual body shape, with a large wide chest and I think this gives the impression he is carrying too much timber.

Having said that, if he isn't overweight, why has he looked unfit most of the season ? His lack of running has been seen by everyone, yet the Huddersfield fan on here, said when we signed him, that Novak's best quality was he'd run and run all day for the team. I thought we'd signed a Forrest Gump and yet he's looked more like Brian the snail from The Magic Roundabout.

• cabbles said:

Contract negotiations conducted by Daisy - that will tell you all you need to know.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

@SoundAsa£ what large said. Just heard it being bandied about from chats with different fans, so nothing concrete at my end, just hearsay.

I actually thought it was more than £6k

• His lack of running has been seen by everyone, yet the Huddersfield fan on here, said when we signed him, that Novak's best quality was he'd run and run all day for the team. I thought we'd signed a Forrest Gump and yet he's looked more like Brian the snail from The Magic Roundabout.

Could he be a member of Robinson's "40%" ....... you know, the manager said after the Shrewsbury game that 40% of the squad didn't want to be here?

;o)

Having said that, he did put in a decent shift against Scunthorpe last Tuesday.