Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nintendo Switch

Anyone bought the new Nintendo console? Anyone hoping to get hold of one but can't?

If you haven't heard of it: 2-in-1 console that you can take it out and about with you like a GameBoy or DS, then slot it into the TV-connected-dock at home to play on your big screen.

Comments

• Amazon has it in stock
  • Got one on day one with Zelda, smart console and one of the best games I've ever played. Just got off a flight to Spain and it came in handy.

It's unique how you can share one controller to make two when playing the 2 player games. Reckon it may grow when Fifa etc come on it, may be a watered down version but who wouldn't wanna just be able to take the console out and about/to their friends with them and play 2 player Fifa with ease?

Anyone else get one?
  • Got one on day one with Zelda, smart console and one of the best games I've ever played. Just got off a flight to Spain and it came in handy.

It's unique how you can share one controller to make two when playing the 2 player games. Reckon it may grow when Fifa etc come on it, may be a watered down version but who wouldn't wanna just be able to take the console out and about/to their friends with them and play 2 player Fifa with ease?

Anyone else get one?

The Switch version will most likely be a port of the 360 version.

Trouble is, that fact might put a lot of people off from buying Fifa Switch, resulting in low sales and EA not bothering with FIFA 19 and 20 on the platform. Pretty much the same thing happened with FIFA on Wii U.

Anyone else get one?

The key to its success will be its games- especially FIFA.
  • My son got one on launch day - he'd been saving all year for it....unfortunately though, they didn't save him Zelda...just the two player game (I don't know its name), so he hasn't really had a chance to use it.....Zelda arriving tomorrow apparently....
  • £300 and you don't even get a game with it.
  • I can't believe they launched without Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart, but their marketing has worked nonetheless. As much as I'd like to try Zelda, im not paying this much!

Also, some of the joy cons are faulty, there's a pixelation problem and the stand is prone to scratching the screen! Nintendo don't usually make those mistakes.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I can't believe they launched without Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart, but their marketing has worked nonetheless. As much as I'd like to try Zelda, im not paying this much!

Also, some of the joy cons are faulty, there's a pixelation problem and the stand is prone to scratching the screen! Nintendo don't usually make those mistakes.

I don't think people can comment of the supposed faults without one. If you don't take care of something, things will happen. The stand hasn't made one mark on mine as of yet, the joy cons work fine too.

But I agree that the Mario games will be big for the system but they had Zelda to release with and that got 10/10 reviews. Mario kart next month will be perfect!
  • CAFCTrev said:

Got one on day one with Zelda, smart console and one of the best games I've ever played. Just got off a flight to Spain and it came in handy.

Anyone else get one?

The Switch version will most likely be a port of the 360 version.

Trouble is, that fact might put a lot of people off from buying Fifa Switch, resulting in low sales and EA not bothering with FIFA 19 and 20 on the platform. Pretty much the same thing happened with FIFA on Wii U.
    100%, but the console has already sold 1/4 of what the Wii U sold overall. I would take a waterdowned version of Fifa for on the go. I can't expect a PS4 version but as long as it has good gameplay and a career mode I am happy. I never seem to find much difference between versions anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've got one as well, great bit of tech.

Zelda is amazing, and thats coming from someone who hasn't really liked the previous ones. Honestly one of the best games I've ever played.
    A game on the e-shop called SnipperClips is also a really fun co-op puzzle game.
    Getting Bomberman soon too which I hope will be great.

Glad to see other lifers interested in Nintendo stuff, proving its not just for us kids ;)
  • I've got one as well, great bit of tech.

Zelda is amazing, and thats coming from someone who hasn't really liked the previous ones. Honestly one of the best games I've ever played.
    A game on the e-shop called SnipperClips is also a really fun co-op puzzle game.
    Getting Bomberman soon too which I hope will be great.

Glad to see other lifers interested in Nintendo stuff, proving its not just for us kids ;)

I can't put Zelda down! Snipperclips is okay as is Fast RMX. Mario kart will go down well.

I honestly believe this could be a console that adults will change their mind. If only rockstar brought out GTA for it. Imagine the latest one being portable, even if it was an Xbox 360 port, would still be impressive seeing as Skyrim is being brought out on it soon.

• edited March 2017

JiMMy 85 said:

I can't believe they launched without Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart, but their marketing has worked nonetheless. As much as I'd like to try Zelda, im not paying this much!

I don't think people can comment of the supposed faults without one.
    That... doesn't make an ounce of sense.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendo-acknowledges-switch-joy-con-connectivity-issues

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/nintendo-switchs-plastic-screen-gets-scratched-when-you-dock-and-undock-it.454935590/

• It's no Game Gear though.
  • I still play my Commodore 64.
  • I will get one eventually I'd imagine, I decided to invest my time in Horizon Zero Dawn rather than Zelda right now. I know both will be epics (Horizon is living up to it) and once I've finished it I'll probably look at a switch and Zelda.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

This video makes the new Zelda look like a lot of fun...
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c

This video makes the new Zelda look like a lot of fun...

Is that voice part of the game ?
  • Picked one up last week. Think its quality and Zelda is great, needs more games though!
  • So a year later, what's everyones thoughts on it?

The catalouge is getting bigger and it's more than a powerful enough console. Just like always with Nintendo, wish it would get support. Like Spyro and Crash etc, they get released on the PS4 and Xbox first and then released on the switch half a year later with the same graphics, gameplay etc but they just want to double up on sales I recon.
  • Sponsored links:

• I love my switch, completely agree re. Crash & Spyro etc, but every game i have on it i absolutely love, have barely played it docked i much prefer it in handheld mode. My only gripe is the battery life
  • I love my switch, completely agree re. Crash & Spyro etc, but every game i have on it i absolutely love, have barely played it docked i much prefer it in handheld mode. My only gripe is the battery life

Supposedly there's a pro version coming out next year with better battery life but we will see.

I play it in both and would say it's one of the best consoles I've enjoyed in years. Like you said, all the games I've played are great and being able to pick it up and carry on Mario away from home was perfect for the commute and lunch breaks. Would love them to bring out an updated Wii Sports for it. Recon that would sell well and sell more consoles. Even just put the old one on there in HD Graphics on the eStore for download for like £19.99 and it would sell.
  • Love mine. Used to travel a lot for work and it was brilliant on planes. Also great when you have a family and want to have a quick play and not hog the TV. Can just pick it up.

I brought a decent portable battery that's good for a few recharges. Worth doing if you're taking a longer trip without a plug available.

The library itself can get a lot better but it is getting there. Particularly looking forward to Dark Souls and Undertale being made available.
  • I've got a big power-bank that can fully recharge the switch about 3 times, but it doesn't seem to have enough power to charge the Switch whilst i'm using it, i lose battery at a much slower rate obviously but it still goes down which is a shame
  • 8 year old wants this for Christmas, I know nothing about it other than it appears to be £270 with no games WTF ?!?!?!

(to be honest I know nothing about any gaming consoles)
  • 8 year old wants this for Christmas, I know nothing about it other than it appears to be £270 with no games WTF ?!?!?!

(to be honest I know nothing about any gaming consoles)

Tesco do a deal with Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario or Zelda with the console for £289 mate. If you shop at tescos already you get loads of club card points there. Or always worth checking hotukdeals.com and searching for deals mate, especially with black friday coming up.

It's a portable and home console in one. A hybrid console so I would say it's worth the money, your kid will love it!
  • Yeah I am happy with mine. I either play it with a couple of mates or when I am on the train. I don't know why, but I never choose to play it at home on my own. I've got Zelda and Mario Odyssey to get through, but I just don't feel compelled to play unless I'm on the train.

Mostly play small games too - Tumblestone, Lode Runner, Tetris. Only the demo of Tetris though, I refuse to pay £35 for a Tetris game. Mario Tennis is excellent, especially with the flashy stuff turned off.
  • Thinking of getting one of these for journeys back to London, going to wait for Black Friday to hopefully get a bit off.
  • ...it’s my daughter who wants it!