Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wenger Out protest on Tuesday..

Gooner on Whatsapp has invited us to a Wenger Out protest on Tuesday, you can't make it up.

Currently trying to get across that there's clubs in the UK, and even in London, that are on the very brink of destruction - i.e Leyton Orient. The thought of Arsenal fans mobilising out of some misguided perception that they have a God given right to be top of the league isn't so much cringey, it's bloody infuriating.

The response to the bit about Orient has completely left me speechless too: "I grew up and took in quite a few Orient matches. How much are their season tickets? A couple of thousand? Thought not.". i.e They've got cheap tickets so they can't complain that they're literally being destroyed.

A bit speechless to see the logic of the Arsenal -ahem- "faithful" at the moment. He's a top bloke and I've a lot of respect for him, but that view is f'ing atrocious.

Comments

• IdleHans said:

And we are where we are because Curbs...oh

Love it - nicked that one. ;)

"For every Clough there's a Curbishley".
  • I wonder if they want Russel Slade?
  • It's all relative though isn't it? Protesting is a bit much imo but it's hard to argue that they shouldn't be doing better than they have done over the last decade.
  • colthe3rd said:

It's all relative though isn't it? Protesting is a bit much imo but it's hard to argue that they shouldn't be doing better than they have done over the last decade.

I agree, and I've said I appreciate his frustration.. but f*ck me, the game is rotten to the core at the moment.. and it just pisses me off to see protests at Arsenal of all places. What do they honestly expect?

It's a competition between 20 teams at the end of the day, and Arsenal are competitive. In the past 10 years or so, the dynamics of the game have changed immensely - we've seen a ridiculous injection of cash via multiple streams (ownership, broadcasting etc), and that's had an effect on the competition. Who would've thought Man United would currently be languishing in 6th place for instance?

I can't really feel sympathetic for a group of fans who seem to think that they belong not in the top 4, but the top 2. That's all this protest is.
  • How many Charlton fans wear red trousers and how many gooners the same?

Nuff said.

http://lookatmyfuckingredtrousers.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
  • LuckyReds said:

colthe3rd said:

It's all relative though isn't it? Protesting is a bit much imo but it's hard to argue that they shouldn't be doing better than they have done over the last decade.

I agree, and I've said I appreciate his frustration.. but f*ck me, the game is rotten to the core at the moment.. and it just pisses me off to see protests at Arsenal of all places. What do they honestly expect?

It's a competition between 20 teams at the end of the day, and Arsenal are competitive. In the past 10 years or so, the dynamics of the game have changed immensely - we've seen a ridiculous injection of cash via multiple streams (ownership, broadcasting etc), and that's had an effect on the competition. Who would've thought Man United would currently be languishing in 6th place for instance?

I can't really feel sympathetic for a group of fans who seem to think that they belong not in the top 4, but the top 2. That's all this protest is.
    I don't feel sympathy for them either but can sort of understand the frustrations. They're only really competitive in finishing top 4 and the odd FA cup. CL they've been poor for many years and haven't had a genuine title challenge for just as long. For perhaps the second biggest club in the country that's verging on failure.
  • Should add one of my bosses is a gooner and ticks this box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor buggers.
  • It's shit, but not surprising, that your friend is unaware of the troubles of London (let alone northern) clubs below the Premier League. But I think fans have every right to mobilize when they are unhappy with how the club is run (that does not make their protests inherently right, of course). I don't necessarily think this represents the majority of Arsenal supporters.

As your mate mentions, somewhat flippantly, the cost of their season tickets is obscene. A large majority of the money PL clubs make is from TV rights, so the fact that they charge so much is awful, and unsustainable. It's a sign of the current state of affairs the the FA has not made this a priority. And if they want to protest that, they have my support.

Also, if they had an owner who was more concerned with winning than he was with profitability, Wenger would have gone a while ago as his methods have long been dated. But Kroenke keeps making money and the club keeps finishing fourth and that's roughly the sum of their ambitions.
  • Wenger won't see it anyway
  • SDAddick said:

As your mate mentions, somewhat flippantly, the cost of their season tickets is obscene. A large majority of the money PL clubs make is from TV rights, so the fact that they charge so much is awful, and unsustainable. It's a sign of the current state of affairs the the FA has not made this a priority. And if they want to protest that, they have my support.

But it's not, though. So many Arsenal fans are barely aware of football beyond about 12th in the Premier League. They'll hopefully get a rude awakening when Wenger finally throws in the towel.
    But that's not just Arsenal fans, that's fans of the Premier League in general. Particularly for the top four or six or whatever. But how do you change that? At the core of that is the money and divide that the Premier League creates.
  • Complete fucking rectums that support them, I would give my left bollock to be in there situation, instead were Facing another needless relegation cos some prat from Belgium wants to play football manager, hope when Wenger goes they get a rude awakening Sanchez will go aswell leaving them with a bang average team.

It's all relative though - their aspirations with their support, ground and financial standing are to win the League or CL. We can't, under this regime, have any.

Sanchez will be going even if Wenger stays - he was left out of the starting line up on Saturday following a "confrontation" with team mates in the changing room at training during which time one of the players had to be held back. There won't be a shortage of suitors for his signature.
  • the problem as others have said is supporters now same age as myself (26) have grown up with arsenal being an elite club, i do agree though that its a joke the money paid and return of success, the mrs is an arsenal fan so got her tickets to arsenal chelsea, fortunately i didnt have to go as was watching the glamorous game of oxford vs charlton, the tickets were £88.60 FV, your talking £120 min a home game, by time you have a bit of food and a couple of pints, so i do understand in a way where there coming from, but no point doing it half way through a season.
  • Arsenal have priced out real fans. The only people who go think that money can buy you what they want. They would rather buy trophies than watch a decent game of football. Everytime an Arsenal fan is interviewed it's the same thing, some entitled bloke dressed up in as much overpriced clobber as possible whinging that they aren't cruising at the top of the table and probably couldn't even name half of the Invincibles squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Gooner on Whatsapp has invited us to a Wenger Out protest on Tuesday, you can't make it up.

Currently trying to get across that there's clubs in the UK, and even in London, that are on the very brink of destruction - i.e Leyton Orient. The thought of Arsenal fans mobilising out of some misguided perception that they have a God given right to be top of the league isn't so much cringey, it's bloody infuriating.

The response to the bit about Orient has completely left me speechless too: "I grew up and took in quite a few Orient matches. How much are their season tickets? A couple of thousand? Thought not.". i.e They've got cheap tickets so they can't complain that they're literally being destroyed.

A bit speechless to see the logic of the Arsenal -ahem- "faithful" at the moment. He's a top bloke and I've a lot of respect for him, but that view is fucking atrocious.

sums up 95% of arsenal fans to me, said it before they truly believe football starts and ends with Arsenal.

I would love it if they finish outside the top 4.
  • Arsenal fans are the biggest whingers though, aren't they.
  • Football fans are the biggest whingers though, aren't they.

Fixed for you.
  • edited March 2017
    Vinegar Pissers

For that reason I'm ooot.
  • Some of their fans don't know how lucky they are. Protests for what? Finishing 4th every year? Jesus wept what a bunch of cry babies.
  • It's all relative imo and actually he's created a culture of failure at the club disguised by Champions League qualification.

They should be competing a lot better than they are, and for me 90% of it is down to him
  • Come on Arsene you must have earned enough to buy RD out - and you would have our undying love and gratitude. Not sure what you would make of Tony Watt.