Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How bad at betting are you?

13»

Comments

• MrOneLung said:

Can he tell us how Kent are going to do this season please.

He probably can't - and if Seb ends up good enough to play for the 1st Team neither Christian nor I would be any better off in that regard because betting regulations will probably prevent Seb from even talking to us!
  • MrOneLung said:

Can he tell us how Kent are going to do this season please.

He probably can't - and if Seb ends up good enough to play for the 1st Team neither Christian nor I would be any better off in that regard because betting regulations will probably prevent Seb from even talking to us!
    Nudge nudge wink wink- am reading your 'lump on them MrOneLung code' loud and clear.
  • Other than the odd couple of quid here or there on 1st goalscorer etc, I've never been into and know f all about gambling.

Reading some of the posts on here, am I right in saying that if you start to win regularly with your on-line account, they start closing/putting restrictions on them?
  • @DaveMehmet yes they do there was a program on bbc about it last year, was all different types of gamblers one of these guys bet on obscure markets, man of the match etc, and strange sports, basketball, water polo etc, he had won something like 15k off of these bets and bought a new kitchen, he had 4 accounts closed,

• Fascinating read @Addick Addict thanks for sharing
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b063ly3b

britain at the bookies was the show quite interesting tbh.
  • @DaveMehmet yes they do there was a program on bbc about it last year, was all different types of gamblers one of these guys bet on obscure markets, man of the match etc, and strange sports, basketball, water polo etc, he had won something like 15k off of these bets and bought a new kitchen, he had 4 accounts closed,

£15k? That's nothing compared to what they must make. I presume they're more than happy to take as much as you're willing to gamble all the time you're losing?
  • I aint sayin nuffink.
  • quite often there are betting coups, 4 horses same trainer etc, they will often limit the amount you can put on these 1 the other week was on and i always do a little bet on them in case they come off, the max i could put on it was £2.37
  • Once done a six fold on the football permed 4 and 5 folds.
    One team let me down went in to pick up about £60 and they gave me £1800.
    Thought I'd done West brom who lost but had written down Walsall instead.
    Never taken drugs apart from a couple of joints in my life but for me gambling was / is a bigger Buzz than everything else.
    Not so much now but years ago times when I was doing a weeks wages gambling ,times when I'd run down the social club to get the 1st pound coin in the fruit machine.
    Once even dropped some money off to a mate so he could play the fruit machine for me when the club opened think I'd lost a couple hundred quid in the lunchtime and had to pick my son up.
    Thank f@ck only happens once in a blue moon now.
    About £20 a week fruit machines might go mad once a year.
    Main thing when gambling keep it fun and try not to lose what you can't afford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Because I am an absolute disaster zone!

Been looking down my settled bets list, I have lost 29 out of my last 30 bets. My last 'win' was a paltry 9.17 off a fiver bet on Belgium v Italy in the Euro's.

What's your ratio generally like looking down your settled bets?

£10 that I'm better than you
  • Had a conversation with someone recently about bookies restricting accounts when you do well. Very interesting stuff but very frustrating.

I assume you can't have a Betfair Exchange account closed as you are paying tax on your winnings?
  • Other than the odd couple of quid here or there on 1st goalscorer etc, I've never been into and know f all about gambling.

Reading some of the posts on here, am I right in saying that if you start to win regularly with your on-line account, they start closing/putting restrictions on them?

Had my bet365 account closed/restricted last year. Also betway/ skybet and some others but 365 was the worst one for me because that's where I could always get a decent bet on.

Following a review of your account, we regret to inform you that we are no longer able to offer you our telephone betting service and whilst our online service remains available to you, betting restrictions will be applied on any future bets placed.

Should you wish to continue to use our services, the Sports offers and promotions available to you will be restricted to the following regular Sports offers which remain open to all customers: Channel 4/1 Offer, Feature Race 4/1 Offer, Sky Dogs 2/1 Offer, Australian Feature Meeting Offer, Best Odds Guaranteed, Racing Value offers, Aussie Footy Multi Bet Bonus, Bore Draw Money Back, Euro Soccer Bonus, Parlay Bonus, Euro Basketball Bonus and the Tennis Accumulator Bonus. For more information about our offers and full Terms and Conditions, please click here

We assure you that this decision has only been taken after careful consideration and that it does not affect your ability to play and claim bonuses in our Gaming products.

Our team are available 24 hours a day by Live Chat, via email support-eng@customerservices365.com, freephone 08000 288 365 or alternatively call 01782 684757 and we will be pleased to assist you.
  • How much had your taken them for @GRAY9 ?
  • Just over 20k - I had the 365 account nearly 10 years but was having decent results last summer over a short space of time but IF I was in profit overall for the 10 years it wouldn't have been much.

Also had my wife's account closed last year as well.

I mainly use Betfair now but you don't get the volumes for early prices on horse racing so I am forced to bet just before the off usually at lower prices.
  • bobmunro said:

I aint sayin nuffink.

Purely for your benefit Bob but the sort of angle that us "vultures" look for presented itself when I was at a Kent T20 game a few years ago. A certain bookie was offering under or over 7.5 sixes for the whole game. We were there sufficiently early (and clearly before the bookie's rep) to take advantage of the fact that the wicket was on the edge of the square meaning a very short boundary on one side.

The irony is that it was Christian's idea to get there early for that very purpose but he couldn't get on and I did - perhaps that's the difference between the two of us. Having said that, I was counting my money when, after two overs, there had already been three "maximums". I was made to sweat, though, as the 8th and vital six didn't occur 'til the penultimate over of the match so it did almost go "tits up". The win wasn't anything to write home about but enough to pay for the whole evening and leave a bit for another day.
  • bobmunro said:

I aint sayin nuffink.

Purely for your benefit Bob but the sort of angle that us "vultures" look for presented itself when I was at a Kent T20 game a few years ago. A certain bookie was offering under or over 7.5 sixes for the whole game. We were there sufficiently early (and clearly before the bookie's rep) to take advantage of the fact that the wicket was on the edge of the square meaning a very short boundary on one side.

The irony is that it was Christian's idea to get there early for that very purpose but he couldn't get on and I did - perhaps that's the difference between the two of us. Having said that, I was counting my money when, after two overs, there had already been three "maximums". I was made to sweat, though, as the 8th and vital six didn't occur 'til the penultimate over of the match so it did almost go "tits up". The win wasn't anything to write home about but enough to pay for the whole evening and leave a bit for another day.
    See what us bookies have to put up with? Filth!

Sounds like you had a good evening though :)
  • Bob
    My last ever bet was a divisional bet which isn't going too bad, Ive closed the account however.
    Would they honour it if the account was closed?
    Corals btw.
  • Bob
    My last ever bet was a divisional bet which isn't going too bad, Ive closed the account however.
    Would they honour it if the account was closed?
    Corals btw.

They should do - the bet was struck when the account was active and they have your stake.
  • edited February 2017
    Been gambling since I was 17. Used to do 1p forecast doubles on the dogs and run my bosses bets, when I worked in the Woolwich Building Soceity head office, in 1977. Then got into greyhounds an over the years owned many dogs. In the 80s and 90s having £200 -£500 singles on dogs was a regular occurrence. Came out of them over 10 years ago, now I largely gamble football. Pre season will always £300-£400 on that season promotions, relegation etc. then during the season, most Saturday at least £100. Last Saturday for example had £120 out only got one bet in 4 fold goals galore for £108 , so no damage. I win I lose, I break even. Overall , I am up this year and I was last year. I also have some nice ante post that could pay very well. Scunthorpe letting me down as had them as champions at 20/1. But others going well.

Remeber going to Norwich a few years back we were right up there, they were mid table. We lost 2-0 an god they took us apart, they were fantastic. Went home had £50 at 12/1 them to win the leauge and they did. Those are the best bets, where your own knowledge and judgement wins you money.

I rarely bet on Premier league, its lower divisions where best opportunities exist. I was onto the fact that Lincoln, were a very good side way ahead of bookies, and took a few quid backing them. Biggest ever single price winner copy here 170/1 winner grand national Mon Mome for £2.

Having a bet makes an event interesting, and adds to the enjoyment. Do what you can afford an no problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been gambling since I was 17. Used to do 1p forecast doubles on the dogs and run my bosses bets, when I worked in the Woolwich Building Soceity head office, in 1977. Then got into greyhounds an over the years owned many dogs. In the 80s and 90s having £200 -£500 singles on dogs was a regular occurrence. Came out of them over 10 years ago, now I largely gamble football. Pre season will always £300-£400 on that season promotions, relegation etc. then during the season, most Saturday at least £100. Last Saturday for example had £120 out only got one bet in 4 fold goals galore for £108 , so no damage. I win I lose, I break even. Overall , I am up this year and I was last year. I also have some nice ante post that could pay very well. Scunthorpe letting me down as had them as champions at 20/1. But others going well.

Remeber going to Norwich a few years back we were right up there, they were mid table. We lost 2-0 an god they took us apart, they were fantastic. Went home had £50 at 12/1 them to win the leauge and they did. Those are the best bets, where your own knowledge and judgement wins you money.

I rarely bet on Premier league, its lower divisions where best opportunities exist. I was onto the fact that Lincoln, were a very good side way ahead of bookies, and took a few quid backing them.

Having a bet makes an event interesting, and adds to the enjoyment. Do what you can afford an no problems.

likewise with lincoln got them at 14/1 greed and stupidity had me double them up with ebbsfleet.